View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2010, 08:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mistica: A Magocratic Police State (LE)

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
I took a quick look. Noticed some things. Sorry for not elaborating, but have a bit of a rush to work right now.

- The Mod Title says "MA Nation: Mistica", which kinda confused me
Whoops, I had gone back and forth on MA/LA a few times, and looks like I missed that reference.

Quote:
- Juggernaut pretender is sacred, intented? Also seems very, very cheap. Especially considering the dom5.
Sacred is unintentional, a side effect of copying the base juggernaut. Since the domspread can be added now, I don't need to do that, so it should be easy to fix.

As for cheapness, costs are a first stab. However, I was comparing vs. the Oracle (which I consider a default choice for a scales approach), with it hopefully being a slightly better option as a national pretender chassis. Compared to the CBM Oracle, the meaningful comparisons(it seems to me) are:
* +1 starting dom
* additional juggernaut dom spread ability
* -1 astral
* not immobile (although only barely)
* no fortuneteller ability
* much better HP
* somewhat worse protection
* trample (probably only marginally useful given the AP of 4...)
* 2 fewer misc slots
* same new-path cost (40)

Doesn't seem too out there; am I missing other factors that I should be weighing more heavily?

Quote:
- Master of the Occult has more leadership than the Master of Destruction, who is supposed to be able to lead armies according to the description.
Whoops, that's a side-effect of the copystatting from Leo to get the heretic ability. Hopefully explicitly setting #poorleader will overwrite that...
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix