.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

winSPWW2- Save $5.00
World Supremacy- Save $10.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the upcoming US Presidential Elections?
Obama 44 61.11%
McCain 17 23.61%
Abstain 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 31st, 2008, 07:59 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: US President (US Dom Players only)

Yeah I'm surprised to see so many Obama votes. I had a thought that it would be more even, or perhaps McCain-leaning. Very interesting so far!
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:25 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Try something else than the Dom3 forums, then.
Emergency comic relief
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:00 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Please people, make sure you investigate the candidates for other offices. The president is not a lawmaker, but those running for the house and senate are. The winners of these 'small' elections make up the pool of people who run for the larger national offices. I beg you, please do not allow another Sarah Palin to become a governor, a senator, or representative. Only you can prevent forest fires.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:04 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhawk View Post
Yeah I'm surprised to see so many Obama votes. I had a thought that it would be more even, or perhaps McCain-leaning. Very interesting so far!
Really? It's pretty much exactly what I would have predicted... I think virtually every person I've talked politics with on the dominions channel was either pro Obama (or at least anti Mcain) or didn't care at all.

I would suggest gaming in general, and probably Dominions themes in particular filters out a lot of conservative folk.

Last edited by quantum_mechani; October 31st, 2008 at 09:06 PM..
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:09 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

nonsense.

Those who continue to propagate the current two party system are either sheep, or delusional enough to think that the lessor of two evils is still somehow worth voting for.

Nonsense yourself.

I've studied enough politics to have a minor in it. And have been around the world and studied various forms of government. The two party system has advantages (and disadvantages) over a multi party system and I for one am more than content in it.

I am actually surprised to see so many mccain supporters - and somewhat heartened by it. Youth and online tends to be strongly in favor of Obama - perhaps gamers are more rational (or conservative).
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:11 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaOfEffect View Post
Please people, make sure you investigate the candidates for other offices. The president is not a lawmaker, but those running for the house and senate are. The winners of these 'small' elections make up the pool of people who run for the larger national offices. I beg you, please do not allow another Sarah Palin to become a governor, a senator, or representative. Only you can prevent forest fires.
I would be happy to have Palin as my governor, senator or representative. Just as most of her constituents are.
Despite your opinion of her, prior to the start of this election campaign she had the highest sustained favorability rating of any governer in history.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:40 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
I am actually surprised to see so many mccain supporters - and somewhat heartened by it. Youth and online tends to be strongly in favor of Obama - perhaps gamers are more rational (or conservative).
Are you implying that those who don't vote for McCain are somehow less rational. Not only is that implication not sound, it is also invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
I would be happy to have Palin as my governor, senator or representative. Just as most of her constituents are. Despite your opinion of her, prior to the start of this election campaign she had the highest sustained favorability rating of any governer in history.
Your last statement sounds like a canned comment, but I'll indulge. I see little connection between favorablility and qualification. Please explain why she is suitable for any political position.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AreaOfEffect For This Useful Post:
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

rabelais is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: OT: US President (US Dom Players only)

Oy, Politics.

I have an actual button with Spendios Cthulhu slogan.

It is true that the parties, as game theory would suggest, are less different than we would like, but ever since reagan got elected in 1980, after making a deal to *delay* the release of the Iranian hostages, and then getting caught giving them arms as the back end of a quid pro quo, it is VERY apparent that the parties are not the same.

The previously unimaginable horror show that Chimpy, {Gombe division} Inc. (err, I mean the Bush administration) has ushered in is just the second go around farce.

The funny thing about wanting the flee the country post-bush is ...that as a friend of mine pointed out, we don't have to move, very soon we'll be living in Peronist Brazil.

My wife and I have already voted for Obama in texas. (HAHAHA... pointless I know) He may disappoint us, or prove incapable of dislodging the corporate overlordship once he gets in.... but the certainty of disaster and perpetual war with McCain and his VP "W-in-a-skirt" makes it not a difficult choice.

Particularly as the republicans stole the last two elections, have gratuitously killed over a million iraqis and have nothing but obfuscation, vote suppression and racist-dog whistle fear-mongering to recommend them. Plus the McCain of this campaign makes Mitt Romney look principled.

We have a 4 month old... the world will be bad enough when he grows up, ...we don't have to make it worse by pretending political choices don't matter, assuming you believe the election isn't controlled by a consortium of Di-e-boldic imps inside the voting machines.

Conservatism is one thing, I think history has proven conservatives are almost always wrong, but it's plausible in its no longer practiced Burkean form... these people aren't conservatives, they are plutocratic fascists.

And that's all I've got to say about that....
The Following User Says Thank You to rabelais For This Useful Post:
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:30 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

If you're surprised at the poll results, then you probably didn't see the pres election thread I started a month or so ago. That certainly rattled the hornets' nest, particularly as I was supporting McCain.
Old October 31st, 2008, 11:19 PM

Captain

licker is on a distinguished road

Wow rabelais...

And I thought my opinion would be the most off kilter in this thread...

Bravo, you've swallowed the moveon.org lines and can puke them up at will, I'm sure we'll be much better off with a group of people who don't bother to investigate the issues, but merely parrot whatever their 'intellectual' masters tell them.

And no, I'm not a supporter of Bush or McCain and have not and will not vote for them.

My guess is you would be quick to defend people like Pelosi and Reid, not to mention Jefferson just on general principles. They must be good people because they are not republicans!!!

Sheep, as I already said.

Its odd though, I was expecting at least one person to mention Ron Paul...
Closed Thread