.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Game - Microless MA Awaiting Pretenders

Vanheim announces exciting new Slay an Ogre Kickstarter project!

By now, nations are becoming increasingly aware of the danger the Ogres pose. Vanheim has experienced their aggression firsthand, falling victim to an unprovoked attack spearheaded by their green dragon pretender.

There is no question things looks dire for the Vanir but there are a couple of bright spots. First, no one has ever questioned the fighting spirit of Vanheim. Second, it turns out D9W4N4E4 Vans are quite good at killing ogres.

However, we are experiencing a shortage of funds, hence this Kickstarter project.

Why should you help?

It's not a matter of if, but when, you'll need to face the Ogre menace. Better to face, or at least weaken, them now before they have a strong blood economy to take advantage of those cheap, powerful out-of-the-box, summons, than later.

How can you help?

Donate gold. More Vans means more dead Ogres means a happier world. And of course we exercise the strictest confidentiality and will never reveal our donors. So you can take a stand against the Ogre menace without risking retribution.

Attack the Ogres! If you want to take stronger action against these brutes the Vanir welcome allies. And rest assured that we will never surrender and never make peace with the Ogres so you need not fear being left to fight them alone.

What's in it for you?

In addition to the intrinsic benefit to your nation of reducing the strength of the Ogre Kingdom Vanheim is pleased to announce additional benefits for major donors:

Donors who donate 1,000 or more gold over the life of the project will receive the choice of 1 Dwarf/Vanadrott to charm/enslave/hellbind upon successful completion of the project or one turn's worth of spellcasting from our glorious god (if you choose to summon a unit it will be made available to you just as a Dwarf/Vanadrott would be). Note that you must provide the gems for pretender cast spells.

Donors who donate 730 gold at one time can choose to have their gold spent on an expeditionary force of 7 Vans leds by a Vanjarl. You will receive progress updates on the exploits of your sponsored band of warriors.

Donors who declare war and attack the Ogres will receive the same benefits as those who donate over 1,000 gold. So donating 1,000 gold and attacking the Ogres will yield you two commanders or two pretender-cast spells or one of each!

Time Frame

This is an open-ended project that will be completed with the destruction of either Vanheim or the Ogres.
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Sergeant

GFSnl is on a distinguished road

We no evils....

Horsies tasty....

Ogre hungry...
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

That was pretty amusing, V
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:29 AM

General

Default Re: New Game - MA Microless

Okay Valerius, you'll be happy to know that I've finally updated the OP to show that you're playing Vanheim. Don't even try to switch nations now!
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:50 AM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
That was pretty amusing, V
Thanks, I started doing the usual "seek allies" diplo stuff and then decided I'd have some fun with it instead. Unfortunately, my Kickstarter project isn't proving popular. You'll all regret not helping Van when the Ogres are stomping you into the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
Okay Valerius, you'll be happy to know that I've finally updated the OP to show that you're playing Vanheim. Don't even try to switch nations now!
Lol, funny you should mention that since I just noticed it today and was going to ask you to change it so at least my tombstone would be correct.

Btw, you remember how in the YARG3 postgame discussion I mentioned how the only only nation I thought was weak in Tourmaline was the Ogres? Well, when GFSnl chose them I figured I'd better refresh my memory. Taking a closer look I don't think they were as weak as I thought at the time and they had been buffed since then. So, as I mentioned to him in a PM, I was actually quite concerned about running into them early and it was one of the factors in my taking a D9 bless since their average MR is about the only good point of attack against them early on (just as with MA Ulm I'm really not a fan of those level 0 buffs). But given his tough troops I didn't expect him to spring for an awake pretender and have the kind of expansion he did.
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Major General

Vanheim announces the cancellation of its Slay an Ogre Kickstarter project. Unfortunately, response was not as good as hoped for (actually, no donations were received).

----------

In other news, Vanheim and the Ogre Kingdom coincidentally announced a cessation of hostilities.

Declared spokesogre Gom Gutsplinter at a hastily convened press conference, "We no kill ponymen now. Kill later."

Vanir spokesman Balder reassured a nervous audience that this was almost certainly an error in translation.
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:02 AM

Major General

Btw, Jotun staled last turn and their current turn is also not in yet.
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:07 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the stale guys. Everything should be back on track now.
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:31 PM

General

Yeah Valerius, the ogres are probably pretty good for this game. They get to keep most of their strengths and don't really lose that much. They weren't that great at forging to begin with, and their blood magic is still very strong. Of course they will still have a huge problem dealing with the age old go-to counter to ogres, so we'll see what happens I guess.
Old August 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM

General

Note to all players - As I previously mentioned, the hosting timer has been set back to 24 hours for turns as maerlande has returned. That will not affect the amount of time that... er.... valerius has to finish his current turn, but subsequent turns now will be on the 24 hour timer.