BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy
Notices

Old January 12th, 2011, 12:23 PM

Private

JCrowe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiplayer issues

Very true. They pulled way too early on the trigger, probably because they hoped to book additional sales before their year-end close. Which, naturally, will annoy many and dissuade others from buying - sacrificing total sales for a quick advance number. Or not. Their management team could have had something else in mind. In either case, it really is something they ought to have communicated more directly.

I say directly, because management would probably retort that we have the demo, so it's not like we "didn't know" what we were getting into in the first place. We had the opportunity to "try before you buy", and if we chose not to, then we can hardly fuss about the product in hand. That's a position I've seen other indies take in recent years. In fact, I'd swear I've seen it brought up somewhere in Shrap's forum.

Of course, it's a position that totally overlooks the fact that they often nerf the demo, and it can't be relied upon to represent the game's true playing experience. And it would be hard for any reasonable person to believe that the "full game", bought-and-paid-for, would sport such a mentally-challenged AI as the one offered in the demo.

Whatever the arguments, there's still hope that they will hammer this game into a winner. It's got a lot of potential, and I'm willing to give them the time. But once bit, twice shy; I think a lot of us will pause before we drop a thirty on their next title.
Old January 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM

Corporal

Uncle_Joe is on a distinguished road

There seems to be a new patch to address the MP issues. Has anyone tried it yet?
Old January 21st, 2011, 09:36 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Multiplayer issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
There seems to be a new patch to address the MP issues. Has anyone tried it yet?
I tried it to create (host) a game.
I get the same error I did using 1.05

I don't think anybody is playing tcp ip games.

Have you even tried it once for example?

The WS multiplayer scene(tcp/ip) is non exsistant.

It hasn't been determined that anybody has successfully played a tcp/ipgame at this point,using any version.
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:22 AM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Multiplayer issues

Hi Guys:

Been monitoring this thread and let me say a few things that might make you mad but will at least clear up how we do business. I have stated this in the past on these forums and just want you to know our philosphy.

When it comes to support, we can't do a thorough job of supporting any product if we look to multiple avenues. There just isn't enough people, especially in this economy. We have a support center that is officially monitored 16 hours a day and unofficially monitored closer to 20 hours a day. If you have issues with a game, or with a developer or Shrapnel Games, that is where you need to go for our ear and our answers. Any bugs will be checked against known fixes, and if necessary forwarded to the developer to deal with. Any suggestions are dealt with in a similar mannner.

When we set up these forums, they were set up for the games fans - to talk, share, ask the forum members for help, whetever. They were never intended to be the ear to Shrapnel, or our Developers. And we don't encourage that now. Does that mean we discourage our devs from frequenting the forums? No we don't. But, especially on a new game with issues to be resolved, having Malfador spend their time talking on the forums rather than upgrading the game is just going to increase the time between patches and a more happy gaming experience. Aaron reads these forums, I know that for a fact. And he hears you.

You want answers or to feel like you are being heard, that is what Customer Support is for. There is a link on every page of our website to get support and we have a very strong support presence. It is just that support is not going to happen on our Forums.

So rant and rave and hate the way we operate, but we operate in a way that allows us to be efficient and to offer quality support. Let us help you, use the support center.
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

EDIT- posted gibberish by accident while cleaning keyboard.
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Captain

Computer Re: Multiplayer issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWAR View Post
Well, a week has passed since this post was made and not one single reply from the developer.

Support ticket sent to Shrapnel.

Can you tell us all if this "ticket" has done anything to improve your gameplay?

I'm willing to try to join a game if you feel like hosting one.
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:27 AM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

No the 'ticket' was to inquire about the dev and if he ever read the forums since he never replies to any of the posts..............

As for the game,...I have gave up for now. I will check back in to see how its coming along and will give it another shot later. But for now its not worth playing.

Last edited by ScottWAR; January 26th, 2011 at 09:46 AM..
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road

Hey, he simply doesn't post in the forum because it's forbidden by Shrapnel, just read Tim Brook's post. He probably is reading the forum, but isn't allowed to post here. Would be great if they at least would hire some guy who posts infos about new updates in the forum for him, because you simply can't use this forum to stay in contact with the developers at the moment and you won't have luck finding new official info about the game here. Hehe, we can only post info ourselves when we get it by Malfador. By the way, I'd rather mail Malfador directly than using the Shrapnel support function. You'll get an answer much more quickly. I've used the Shrapnel support function before but also mailed the developers themselves, and I've gotten answers much quicker by themselves than by Shrapnel Support, plus in the case of BCT Commander where I also had problems: The answer really solved my problem and the support answer was much more inaccurate, didn't really help me. So, mail Malfador directly if you have tech problems with World Supremacy!
This is their adress: ws@malfador.com
I didn't bother to use Shrapnel support for my graphics problems with WS, because you can't post logs, screenshots etc there, which surely helps Malfador.
Solved my problems by staying in contact with Malfador directly instead of using support.

Last edited by spillblood; January 27th, 2011 at 10:49 AM..
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillblood View Post
Solved my problems by staying in contact with Malfador directly instead of using support.
What problems were those exactly?
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillblood View Post
Hey, he simply doesn't post in the forum because it's forbidden by Shrapnel
Well that's just dum.

Why are the CAMO workshop able to patrol thier forums daily and react to things that come up?