World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions about soviet artillery and other in game

Quote:
Do you know what part of the tank the picture features?
Hull front, as noted.

Quote:
I would also be interested to know what rounds caused the various sized holes. Nice picture
152mm,122mm and 100mm, both AP and HE, and 85mm AP. US made 76mm was also fired but possibly only at the sides.

Quote:
It looks more like something cluster ammo would cause.
Not really. HEAT typically leaves small diameter holes.Besides given the angles involved it would be very problematic.

BTW source is:
http://www.battlefield.ru
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

I missed the whole "this is a WW2 tank" part.
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Post 33
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Point 4.. (...) The M1A2 SEP Abrams with the 120mm M256 13 gun was added last patch as a what if for the people whining we had put in North Korea, Russia, China, etc future weapons systems and didn't the US. That was primarily because of things like the Chiorny Oriol were in the Russian OOB ( that is now gone and about as "real" as that T-95 tank on the wiki link ) what I should do it pull out the Abrams using that gun until someone proves it's been issued... NOT add more crap that I'll end up pulling out of the OOB in a couple of years
Don,

Maybe you shouldn't pull out this one too quickly:

The U.S. Army Weapon Systems Handbook 2010 mentions under "Future Tank Main Gun Ammunition" a new KE round tentatively named M829E4 (see page 108, warning huge PDF).
There and in this budget item justification, an Engineering and Manufacturing Development phase throughout 2010 is planned.
Various official documents schedule LRIP and deployment for 2014 (just google "120mm AKE" or M928E4).
Now we all know how these schedules turn out, and there is still no info about capabilities, but the current weapon #139 looks to me like it is broadly in the right ballpark.
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I'll leave it in and push the introduction back to 2014.

What I am more than a LITTLE pissed off about is people who use something like this which was added BECAUSE of information like you provided to whine and complain that becasue we haven't added the latest armoured wet dream that exists only as a drawing ( maybe ) from wherever you care to use as an example this somehow "proves" we have a bias one way or the other and I have read the EXACT same pissy whining crap from BOTH sides of what used to be the "Iron curtain" about the game and they can all KMA.

None of that was, of course, directed at you Tangui

That said we are more and more reluctant to add unit's / weapons on speculation. Last release we ended up with a real mess to sort out as a number of "future weapons systems" that were put in in the US OOB years ago had to be removed becasue they died somewhere between the bright idea that someone had and the actual production.

Don

Last edited by DRG; December 12th, 2009 at 07:26 PM..
Old December 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I'll leave it in and push the introduction back to 2014.

What I am more than a LITTLE pissed off about is people who use something like this which was added BECAUSE of information like you provided to whine and complain that becasue we haven't added the latest armoured wet dream that exists only as a drawing ( maybe ) from wherever you care to use as an example this somehow "proves" we have a bias one way or the other and I have read the EXACT same pissy whining crap from BOTH sides of what used to be the "Iron curtain" about the game and they can all KMA.

None of that was, of course, directed at you Tangui

That said we are more and more reluctant to add unit's / weapons on speculation. Last release we ended up with a real mess to sort out as a number of "future weapons systems" that were put in in the US OOB years ago had to be removed becasue they died somewhere between the bright idea that someone had and the actual production.

Don
Hey !
I, for one, am attempting very hard to avoid "wet dream" equipment. Not may fault the US Congress can't make up it's mind if it wants to fund a project (example the Osprey, they should of named it after a cat, the project had nine lives).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old December 13th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Don't worry, that wasn't directed at you either.

Don
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:15 AM

Sergeant

hoplitis is on a distinguished road

Well you can do it Alexander's way and cut the Gordian Knot! No "future" systems. Patches from hereon to include existing systems only (to the best knowledge of the designers/contributors of the official OOBs). Would save precious OOB space too...
Then you could "enjoy" the onslaught of the "Where-are-the-future-systems?" hordes!
So, Don it really boils down to what kind of battle you want to fight! Revisiting included "future" systems from time to time, to check their validity or throw them out of the window altogether and have a "rant" surge!
Choose your battlefield!!!
Personally, I'd continue playing the game anyway...
Old September 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Corporal

Firestorm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoplitis View Post
Well you can do it Alexander's way and cut the Gordian Knot! No "future" systems. Patches from hereon to include existing systems only (to the best knowledge of the designers/contributors of the official OOBs). Would save precious OOB space too...
Then you could "enjoy" the onslaught of the "Where-are-the-future-systems?" hordes!
So, Don it really boils down to what kind of battle you want to fight! Revisiting included "future" systems from time to time, to check their validity or throw them out of the window altogether and have a "rant" surge!
Choose your battlefield!!!
Personally, I'd continue playing the game anyway...
I suggest removing ALL heavy/hi-tech formations from future OOBs and leaving only Somali/Mujahideen-style rebel and militia units.

Tell everyone that organized military forces won't survive The End Of The World As We Know It, which you expect is going to happen within at least a month from now.
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Stop all OOBs at December, 2012