This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 8th, 2015, 10:51 AM

Corporal

Paderborn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT version 9.1 Upgrade patch ( May 2015)

Thank you Don and Andy for your willingness to never let up on improving what are already great games, i.e., winSPMBT and winWW2
for all of us. My wife thanks you as well as she knows how much I enjoy both games.
Old May 20th, 2015, 10:47 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys developers.
Are the games pbem version 9 are affected by the new patch 9.1?
Regards
Old May 21st, 2015, 02:55 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

There have been some OOB changes - so as with all patches, unless stated otherwise, finish off any ongoing PBEM games before applying.

cheers
Andy
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:39 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Ok. Thanks
Old June 6th, 2015, 02:35 PM

Private

weimaar is on a distinguished road

Im all new to this game. I have bought the game a couple of years ago back in the heydays of 2010. Now with new patches and all, id like to fire up and give it a go. I have a windows 7 system. Ive got 3 files: 1. the "MBT_DL.zip", the 2. "WinSPMBTver 6.0 Consolidation Patch.zip" and the 3. the "winSPMBT V7-V9.1 Consolidation Upgrade.zip". Installation directory: C:\Spel\WinSPMBT. Overwriting patches.

Ive been trying all day now, first installig 1. then 2. then 3. Starting up with the preloader and getting CTD. Then trying to manually running the winSPMBT.exe file. I see flickering and then a pinkspeckled unplayable game but clickable menues and stuff. When trying to set adm. mode etc, i get a direct x error. BUT when i try only installing the 1. and nothing else, the game fires up excellently without any problems. (ive also tried 1. with only 2., i get the same results as 1. 2. and 3.)

What am i doing wrong?
Old June 6th, 2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimaar View Post
Im all new to this game. I have bought the game a couple of years ago back in the heydays of 2010. Now with new patches and all, id like to fire up and give it a go. I have a windows 7 system. Ive got 3 files: 1. the "MBT_DL.zip", the 2. "WinSPMBTver 6.0 Consolidation Patch.zip" and the 3. the "winSPMBT V7-V9.1 Consolidation Upgrade.zip". Installation directory: C:\Spel\WinSPMBT. Overwriting patches.

Ive been trying all day now, first installig 1. then 2. then 3. Starting up with the preloader and getting CTD. Then trying to manually running the winSPMBT.exe file. I see flickering and then a pinkspeckled unplayable game but clickable menues and stuff. When trying to set adm. mode etc, i get a direct x error. BUT when i try only installing the 1. and nothing else, the game fires up excellently without any problems. (ive also tried 1. with only 2., i get the same results as 1. 2. and 3.)

What am i doing wrong?
Well - are you trying to run it in windowed mode or full-screen mode?

Try it in windowed mode first, as that causes far less problems in windows 7. Since you have the full game - set the window size to desktop resolution. In desktop resolution it will use the full wide-screen format, less the windows task bar.

If it works OK in windowed mode then you may want to try the now-depreciated full-screen mode.

Full screen mode needs a special script run by the game to nuke the aero interface, as described in the game guide, and in the "Windows seven and windows vista installation" sticky thread in this section of the main forum. Some modern monitors wont run 800 mode, or even other 4:3 modes - so use desktop resolution here as well since you have the full game. Full-screen mode in vista and 7 does not play well with other applications - you wont be able to alt-tab in and out to other running programs, and the script does not always restore the desktop on exit on some systems. So if you have the full game, stick to windowed mode and desktop resolution - it is actually faster than full-screen mode, which can stutter and lag in scrolling etc. on modern video cards that done seem to like 256 colour paletted games.

And finally - you do have the auto-hide feature of the Windows task-bar set to OFF, as described in the game guide?. Having the task bar auto-hide on returns false window metrics to the game engine, and causes a skewed and unplayable display. That's why the advisory message about this in the game installation section of the game guide has this info in a great big info box with flashing red text...

Game Guide -> Game Installation
Game Guide -> Running SPMBT
Game Guide -> Tuning Your Machine

(This is the same information as in the forum sticky post on installing in windows 7 and vista)

cheers
Andy
Old June 8th, 2015, 09:40 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT version 9.1 Upgrade patch ( May 2015)

If the fact that my new computer has been staring at me for the last two weeks and my peripherals to support it about a week now and life has gone into "hyperdrive" as we prepare on home improvements...I simply request the following.

Am I really going to gain anything by downloading 9.1 in the current campaigns I have going against the AI with the CD version or can I simply wait until I have a chance to get my Win 8.1 system online?

If I'm really missing out on something, what/where do I need to type in the "/" etc. using XP in the "save to" line for the directory?

Until my new computer is up and running that's just easier for me to do it that way.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
If the fact that my new computer has been staring at me for the last two weeks and my peripherals to support it about a week now and life has gone into "hyperdrive" as we prepare on home improvements...I simply request the following.

Am I really going to gain anything by downloading 9.1 in the current campaigns I have going against the AI with the CD version or can I simply wait until I have a chance to get my Win 8.1 system online?

If I'm really missing out on something, what/where do I need to type in the "/" etc. using XP in the "save to" line for the directory?

Until my new computer is up and running that's just easier for me to do it that way.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pat
Your ongoing campaign will be enhanced by the bug fix to allow crews and passengers to possibly survive bailing from a destroyed vehicle once more. (In 9, there was a bug that always killed them unless the vehicle was in water hexes.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old June 8th, 2015, 11:07 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT version 9.1 Upgrade patch ( May 2015)

Thanks that's worth it to me. Do you remember what you had to type into the destination file if you were an XP user after that was changed for Win 8.0 users before you started the download? I had it written down but, can't seem to locate now.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old June 9th, 2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Thanks that's worth it to me. Do you remember what you had to type into the destination file if you were an XP user after that was changed for Win 8.0 users before you started the download? I had it written down but, can't seem to locate now.

Regards,
Pat
I haven't got a clue what you are on about in "typing stuff into the destination folder".

Just point the installer to wherever you have installed the game, if the path it offers differs from your current installation. using the navigation feature of the installer.