.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old December 1st, 2002, 05:50 AM

Sergeant

Quikngruvn is on a distinguished road
Default Modding issues

As threatened, I've been tweaking Crown of the Magis to make the game a bit more challenging and a bit more balanced. Suprisingly enough, I'm making some headway, but I've run into a couple of issues....

1. I've tried giving items multiple class restrictions (example: heavy armor can't be worn by thieves, mages, and druids), but when I try to view the item in the info window, the game shuts down without an error message. I've e-mailed Aaron about it, but I'm wondering if this is only happening on my computer or is a general bug in the game.

2. And then there's monster speed... more specifically, the settings in main_monsterclasses.txt for 'Movement Speed Modifier Per Difficulty Level MS [milliseconds]'. Now, in the docs the field is described as 'The millisecond time increase in all monster's movement speed per increase in the difficulty level over Normal' (from DungeonOdysseyDataFileFields.pdf). As written, that means in CotM, where that value is 100, the monsters would move slower with increased difficulty (increased speed value => increased delay between steps => slower monsters). Or is the description counterintuitive, and it's really a decrease in the monster's speed value (delay)? (I'm of the mind that that value should actually be a percentage of base speed, not a raw millisecond value, but I don't think I could handle computing percentages and reciprocals right now. )

[edit] Almost forgot... the field description saying increase per difficulty over 'Normal'. What is Normal-- Novice or Average? (I have a guess....) [/edit]

In any case, I'm about on the home stretch of my tweaked mod. With any luck, I can release the first draft for human consumption in a few days, if anyone is interested. Still trying to come up with a decent name for it....

Quikngruvn

[ December 01, 2002, 03:53: Message edited by: Quikngruvn ]