Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
CBM 1.92 Moloch Weirdness - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 6th, 2011, 09:45 PM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road
Default CBM 1.92 Moloch Weirdness

In an MP game I am currently playing, an enemy has a Moloch pretender raiding in my territory. I noticed something really anomalous about his HP total (see attached images).

He has 1 star of experience, 55 base HP, two afflictions (a chest wound and a missing arm) and is standing in 2 candles of dominion that is hostile to him. Yet it says he has 110 hp, double his total as though he were standing in 10 candles of friendly dominion. When you click on his HP total it says 55 (base) - 33 (dominion) = 110. What?

Is this a bug or some feature I just don't get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moloch HP Weirdness.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	11356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moloch HP Weirdness - 2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	11357  
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CBM 1.92 Moloch Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
In an MP game I am currently playing, an enemy has a Moloch pretender raiding in my territory. I noticed something really anomalous about his HP total (see attached images).

He has 1 star of experience, 55 base HP, two afflictions (a chest wound and a missing arm) and is standing in 2 candles of dominion that is hostile to him. Yet it says he has 110 hp, double his total as though he were standing in 10 candles of friendly dominion. When you click on his HP total it says 55 (base) - 33 (dominion) = 110. What?

Is this a bug or some feature I just don't get.
Negative dominion effects on a pretender take time to kick in.

So, since his stats reflect 10 candles of dominion, he clearly started the turn in 10 candles and attacked elsewhere. His stats will stay at 10 candles until sometime after the combat phase (not sure where in bookkeeping this occurs, but its late in the turn).

Chances are the next turn he will show less than +10 candles of stats, but not true stats for whatever candles he is in. His stats will slowly decriment to the appropriate level.

Pretenders that enter higher dominion than their current state will immediately jump to those stats *at the end of the turn*.

Note that things like REGENERATION will treat his hp as the locally appropriate number and not work above it, and he will not heal after combat to above that number either, so if he takes damage its 'permanent' until he hits that point.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Squirrelloid For This Useful Post:
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:42 PM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CBM 1.92 Moloch Weirdness

Ah, that explains it. Thank you Squirrelloid for being an ever-flowing font of knowledge.