.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:46 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Thread: Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyweiser View Post
Blood burst, requires B to cast, but uses 2 blood slaves. And a B mage can only use one blood slave. So the spell fails, and the caster casts another spell.

(The whole bug is: that spells can be set to use more gems than the path requirements of the spell. So the mage isn't actually powerful enough to cast the spell).
Its not entirely a bug. You're correct about a b1 not casting it. However, b2s and b3s can cast it with the appropriate fatigue. The only advante of the lower path requirements is for the purposes of fatigue and penetration.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
Its not entirely a bug. You're correct about a b1 not casting it. However, b2s and b3s can cast it with the appropriate fatigue. The only advantage of the lower path requirements is for the purposes of fatigue and penetration.
I would say it is a bug. It is confusing, there is no warning somewhere in the spell, nor in the documentation that these kinds of spells even excist. And at first it looks like the mage casts it. (I would would like it more if the replay said: [MAGE] Failed to cast Hell Power. [MAGE] Casts [other]).
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:14 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

It's not a bug that the mage can't cast it. It is documented that a mage can't use more gems/slaves than he has levels in the path, so it should be clear that a B1 caster can't cast a B1 spell that uses 2 slaves. And it does have the useful effect of reducing fatigue to the point that the spell is actually useful for those who can cast it.

It is a bug that it is displayed as cast. That wouldn't be a major problem if it wasn't so confusing.
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM

Corporal

Muse is on a distinguished road

Bug: Commanders underwater holding the Manual of Water Breathing cannot retreat into an adjacent sea province.

Bug: Border Mountains are not considered Mountains for the purpose of terrain-type rituals.

Bug: Forest of Joy is an Air site.

Save-file available on request, Jomon test game.
Old December 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

The first one of those is a bug.

Border mountains not counting as mountains for terrain purposes of spells is not a bug as such, but is either a bug or a feature, depending on point of view. They tend to count as mountains for the purposes of sites and resources and as plains in all other regards (e.g. what forts you can build etc). In any case, change to border mountain mechanics are very unlikely.

Forest of Joy is supposed to be an air site. The Ashen Forest is a death site, Dragon Forest is fire and Cypress Woods iirc was also an air site. Site name does not need to determine its magic affiliation at all.
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Corporal

Lihaässä is on a distinguished road

Bug?: Commander casts cloud trapeze - destination own fort which is sieged. Battle doesn't happen.. as I planned
Bug?: Crumble cast on enemy fort, message is correct = fort is temporarily breached.. commanders sieging the fort didn't however have an option to storm the fort

I have the turn files saved if you need them.. plese pm for further info.
Old December 10th, 2010, 10:34 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihaässä View Post
Bug?: Commander casts cloud trapeze - destination own fort which is sieged. Battle doesn't happen.. as I planned
Bug?: Crumble cast on enemy fort, message is correct = fort is temporarily breached.. commanders sieging the fort didn't however have an option to storm the fort

I have the turn files saved if you need them.. plese pm for further info.
No bugs here, although possibly a design problem.

1) When you teleport into a province where you hold the fortress and the enemy holds the land you end up in the fortress without a battle.

2) The defenders get to rebuild even after a crumble. If you can't do enough damage to overcome their rebuilding you won't get through even if you blow the walls down.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:
Old December 12th, 2010, 05:07 AM

Corporal

Lihaässä is on a distinguished road

Quote:
2) The defenders get to rebuild even after a crumble. If you can't do enough damage to overcome their rebuilding you won't get through even if you blow the walls down.
That's a surprise for me.. I thought that Crumble's purpose was to breach castles with just a few troops. Do you know how much crumble inflicts sieging damage?
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:44 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road

it tells you that in the spell description. but its bugged because if you have positive seige value on it, one cast will take the walls down to zero. at least iirc this is how it works
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Sergeant

earwicker7 is on a distinguished road

Weird movement issue on Cradle of Dominions map (single player)...

I hired Magnus's Crossbows; both the leader and his squad have an overland movement of 2. I am unable to move them from 79 to 85; I'd think they would be able to move like this in one turn:

79 (waste)--->82 (open)--->85 (mountain)

What is even weirder is that I am able to get them to do the following move, which should take two turns:

79 (waste)--->75 (mountain, waste)-->72 (mountain)

Anyone know what would cause this?