.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Worthy Heroes 1.8

You're right, why add any worthy heroes at all? :P
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:36 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post

Mjolnir is a metaphor, in that particular aspect for lightning, and its impact is thunder. The Titan pretender throws lightning bolts = Mjolnir. Just because its listed as lightning instead of a hammer takes nothing away from it - we've merely deconstructed the metaphor. (Kind of necessary since there are lots of Thor equivalents, none of whom use a hammer as a metaphor for lightning. Eg, Zeus).

I grant there are no goats pulling a chariot. Imagine that as his own personal air ship or something, so you'd have to forge it for him. Or perhaps that's his version of casting flight on himself.

A generalized pretender idea will never meet all the specifics in their specific aspect for a given mythological figure who exemplifies that type. But with a little imagination all the essential bits will be found, even if it requires deconstructing the metaphors built into the myth.
Oh, wow. I've bethered by the lack of Thor since Dom:PPP, but all these years all I needed to do was to take the titan dressed in a *toga*, and just have incredible suspension of disbelief to pretend that the dude on my computer screen that has *none* of the iconic trappings of Thor would be Thor. Oh, silly me.

But hey, if you have the mental capacity for that kind selective percepition, that's just more power to you.

Anyways, in this kind of pointless since I already agreed on that havng them as pretenders would be a bad idea.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

Burn, though i have not played this game in quite some time, I was tinkering with my mods to get them to work with windows 7. If you recall, several of your heroes are in Throne of Heroes, which is a Worthy Heroes Mod updated for the middle era.

If you get bored I need a lobster sprite. I am adding heroes to a couple of the EA races too(just the ones I like to play against Zoshan). ea Ryleh and EA Abysia have heroes now in addition to the Middle era. But I have not posted the link because I am still working on EA Ryleh.

I also found where the Kitsume(ma shin.) only had two misc slots(an error i missed from the last edit).

Have fun!

btw in real life i turned 50 and benched 370 after my 50th birthday. It is recorded on youtube for nonbelievers! Kristopher is going to have to redo human warriors and tinker with old age stats so the str. does not decline until age 60 or so.
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xietor View Post
Burn, though i have not played this game in quite some time, I was tinkering with my mods to get them to work with windows 7. If you recall, several of your heroes are in Throne of Heroes, which is a Worthy Heroes Mod updated for the middle era.

If you get bored I need a lobster sprite. I am adding heroes to a couple of the EA races too(just the ones I like to play against Zoshan). ea Ryleh and EA Abysia have heroes now in addition to the Middle era. But I have not posted the link because I am still working on EA Ryleh.
Hi! Glad to see that you're still modding.

Yeah, I recall the Throne of Heroes mod, I'm also intent on working some more heroes and bringing the old "burning" heroes up to date.

Unfortunately I'm a bit busy right now so I can't help you with the lobster, but I think that there all sorts of pics of sea monsters in the mytheology mod. Perhaps you could borrow the pic you need from there?
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:01 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

Yeah, i do not actually want a "lobster" per se, but a sea monster that can themeatically fit into ea ryleh.

I may be able to find one. Have not really looked much yet. Zoshan's favorite race is ea ryleh and he just asked me today to make another Throne of hero for that race. there are 3 presently-one that comes with the game.
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xietor View Post
btw in real life i turned 50 and benched 370 after my 50th birthday. It is recorded on youtube for nonbelievers! Kristopher is going to have to redo human warriors and tinker with old age stats so the str. does not decline until age 60 or so.
Heroic attributes increase with time, quicker than attributes decrease; thus, the game already already has a proper way to model you.
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:06 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Actually, I made heroes long a while ago (year 2007) to be exact to fill up some nations that have <3 heroes.
Lots of years ago, I constantly received messages with "<3" in them, until I asked the person "Why the heck do you write less than three all the time?" which resulted, among similar other things due to grandiose stupidity, in a blaze of anger on the other side. Could you please spell things in full? What has been seen can't be unseen anymore...
Emergency comic relief

Last edited by lch; June 4th, 2010 at 11:22 AM..
Old June 5th, 2010, 04:57 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Lots of years ago, I constantly received messages with "<3" in them, until I asked the person "Why the heck do you write less than three all the time?" which resulted, among similar other things due to grandiose stupidity, in a blaze of anger on the other side. Could you please spell things in full? What has been seen can't be unseen anymore...
IMO: OMG, lul wut?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:55 AM

Colonel

Since I mentioned my intentions to update the WH here, I think it would be fair to announce here that the project is complete.

Here is the thread for the just released WH 1.9
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post:
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:53 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

It looks great. Thanks. Definitely one of my always-grab mods
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)