.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Ordeal for Turn 71: Days of Wonder

The Ordeal for Turn 71: Days of Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

My spirits have been lifted. I can sill recall the start of the competition and your struggles with the meek independent kingdoms. Although I'm eteral, those days 6 years ago seem to have taken place like aeons ago compared to what you have achieved now and all the enemies you have vanquished.

I feel like all of you deserve a reward for making it this far.
Present your wish to me and I will make it be! Make your wish wisely for who knows what horrors lie await in the future?
->

All players can reguest for a free boon before the next ordeal starts on turn 77. This reguest can be a "specific" one and it counts for your boon for this ordeal.

The effects of the boon are increased according to how much favour you in the eyes of the Pantokrator. So the effects are increased by (remaining boons) x 10%. So, for example, if you have 5 boons remaining, the effects of this boon (gems, items, amount of info, whatever) are increased by 50%
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:18 PM

Colonel

Default Re: Legendary Ordeals

Okay guys, I've recently worked on LO II stuff and it seems that I could start it pretty soon. While this game is really nearing completion, I have seriously no clue how or when the victor will emerge. So I migth just start LOII while the old one is still running. But there are somethings I'd like to hear feedback about before I make the game. If you don't feel like replying here in the fear that you might give out some important info, you can PM me with your thougths.

What I'd like to hear about is boons. Should they do more stuff? Are they too plentiful, or too perhaps too rare? Is one type of boons way better than others? I'll likely make players know the exact amount of boons they have in the next game. I originally had it be secret to keep a sort of mystery to it, but it seems that people are a bit too scared to use their boons at the moment me thinks.

Second thing is the Ordeals themselves. Which ones did you like? Which ones did you not like? Were they coming in too often? Have any ideas of your own? (I'd be glad to hear them).

I'd also love to hear feedback about anything you feel was odd with this game. But there are some things I have recognized as mistakes and will fix myself, just to avoid unnecessary reports on the subject I'll list the things below:

FIXES FOR LOII:

-> Better map (no more "gangbang island" in the south-east corner)

-> No conquest point for arena (really didn't work out like I thought it would)

-> Divine Eyes a bit harder to find
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
-> Divine Eyes a bit harder to find
Sorry, I keep finding your divine eyes, I am actually constantly patrolling for other reasons, 1 major one and 1 minor one.
Old July 10th, 2010, 07:54 AM

Colonel

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper in the Woods

Soon..
I will have my revenge..
You demonic sorcerer..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbling in the Mountains

Soon..
I will have my revenge..
You thrice-damned snake..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss in the Tombs

Soon..
I will have my revenge..
You four-armed freak..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writing on the Temple Walls

Soon..
We will have our ancestral home..
and the world will BURN!..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Words of the False Prophet

Soon..
And the world shall be devoured..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh in the Winds

Soon..
And the General will rise again..

-->
???
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM

Corporal

Isokron is on a distinguished road

I would say the ordeals you could do something about like units wandering about or the four horsemen attack one province after another was the most fun. The random rituals etc was mostly irritating esp when they killed my blood hunters.

Maybe do something more with the slumbering elder plotline, like having a personal ordeal from them also that is introduced some way into the game, which if completed would yield a special boon that could be used to spawn some unit/army in a specified province that would then move around randomly until defeated.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road

One problem that is probably irritating is the nerf of mind hunt as a consequence of Pantokrator divine eyes everywhere. Probably, nothing can be done with that but it would be ideal to, say, give, stone spheres and monthly cast Astral Windows. This, of course, would spam turn reports greatly but it would be much better for gameplay, IMO
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isokron View Post
I would say the ordeals you could do something about like units wandering about or the four horsemen attack one province after another was the most fun. The random rituals etc was mostly irritating esp when they killed my blood hunters.
Yeah, in hindsight I could have handled that a ritual ordeal lot better, like give warnings about the events so that people could dodge them to make it more interactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano View Post
One problem that is probably irritating is the nerf of mind hunt as a consequence of Pantokrator divine eyes everywhere. Probably, nothing can be done with that but it would be ideal to, say, give, stone spheres and monthly cast Astral Windows. This, of course, would spam turn reports greatly but it would be much better for gameplay, IMO
Yeah, I didn't realize it unitl late into this game. I have done a small update to the mod that should make this a bit less painful (divine eyes now have 1 mr, so they basically pop on a single hit). If one dies, I can just wait for a couple of turns and then replace it once the astral artillery has died out.
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:52 AM

Corporal

Isokron is on a distinguished road

Does mindhunt target mindless units ? Otherwise you might be able to make them that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Isokron For This Useful Post:
Old July 13th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road

Good point regarding mindlessness, Isokron, I didn't think of it.
Also, if somebody casts Wrath of God these Divine Eyes will go down pretty soon in the caster's Dominion. To avoid this they need to have a lot of HP
Old July 15th, 2010, 02:22 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano View Post
Good point regarding mindlessness, Isokron, I didn't think of it.
Also, if somebody casts Wrath of God these Divine Eyes will go down pretty soon in the caster's Dominion. To avoid this they need to have a lot of HP
Good point about WoG. They already had a ton of hp (i was thinking mostly about being armageddon proof), but I also gave them 100% lighting res, that should make them immune to WoG.

On other news, Legendary Ordeals II is up.

See the thread here