World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 1st, 2023, 01:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

No worries Pat. I will do what I think is best based on the info I have when we do the final assembly then in a year or two everyone can tell me what's wrong based on documented hindsight that IS NOT currently available

IOW..... same as always

Funny ( NOT ! ) story

I "discovered" a bit of conflict between sabot penetration data we had for a particular round and info I found online so I went digging for more sources for info and the more I dug, the more the answers came back different

532mm @ 2000m
300mm @ 2000m
740mm @ 2000m

all for the same APFSDS round at the same distance

This is why I know no matter how hard we try to "get it right" and no matter how many sources of data we use there WILL ALWAYS BE DIFFERENCES and as a result, there will always be things someone thinks what we have is wrong

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2023, 02:31 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I hope everyone realizes that the picture of the LEOPARD 2A4 on the road with the ERA is an artist's rendering, right!?!

I just had a chance to read this ref. as earlier today someone had to get ready for work. I'm kind've getting a sense that the thought is it might be a real picture.

From directly over the picture is this...
"With modern graphic design software, even the concept images began appearing of how it might look in reality. Here, for example, is how one of the designers imagined a Leopard 2A4 covered in ERA modules."

From directly under the picture is this...
"Leopard 2A4 in full reactive armor / Rendered by unknown author"

Now the next picture below the rendered one, looks real and if so, those ERA blocks look too small to be Kontact-5 in fact I'd be willing to bet that it's Kontact-1

The whole article is nothing more than an "abstract" of what some of the options are and not what it is now in any reality, yet.
https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_and..._was-6248.html
(It makes for OK reading.)

Should the LEOPARD 1A5/1A5-DK have ERA? Yes, it's an option but so is Applique Armor or a combination of both.

And you can't rule out Ceramic Armor either of which the German LEOPARD 1A5 has an early version of made of a LEXON composite panels, which is why I made the changes to that tank in the last submission.

We're getting ahead of ourselves here just a little bit..

The only way to resolve this quite frankly is to delay the release and see what "pans out" over the next two or three months.

I realize though I'm the "lone voice in the woods" and that's OK.

Anyway...

Spain: First 6 of 10/or 11 LEOPARD 2A4 due to arrive sometime in the beginning of this month.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...rly_april.html

Germany: Current list of German Armor being sent to the Ukraine updated to March 30, 2023.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...h_30_2023.html

Getting more stuff...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

DU AMMO 101: I DID SAY 101.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

Time for some sleep.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 2nd, 2023, 05:33 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
I hope everyone realizes that the picture of the LEOPARD 2A4 on the road with the ERA is an artist's rendering, right!?!
Yeah BUT the photo below it in that article was not and that was what the "rendering" was based on

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
The only way to resolve this quite frankly is to delay the release and see what "pans out" over the next two or three months. [/b]

I realize though I'm the "lone voice in the woods" and that's OK.

As I have already said, whatever Andy and I do with the OOB data we will be hindsighted when better data is revealed and all we can do is go with what we have and what has gone on in the past and we know the Ukrainians like to put ERA onto their tanks and SO FAR we have one that appears to be workshop photo of ERA being put on a 2a4.

What we have not seen is any photos of the tanks near the front and that will tell us more than handwringing over sketchy data. What I DO KNOW is I can put on and take off ERA on a vehicle in seconds and there is at least 3 weeks to get better info....... that no doubt will turn out to be half right

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2023, 07:34 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Peachy lol

Russia is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/s...68031491678208
Old April 2nd, 2023, 08:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Ahem.......that was posted April 1

Old April 2nd, 2023, 10:37 AM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: MBT's

LMAO....Russia needs to give up on this war! It's lunacy for them to continue. Ukraine will win this war just from the extreme logistics in war material supplied to them continuously from Nato partners. Eventually Russia will not be able to sustain this war at rate of war material they are losing.

Last edited by EJ; April 2nd, 2023 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Old April 2nd, 2023, 10:51 AM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: MBT's

I agree with Fastboat Tough. The update should be delayed maybe a few months so Andy & Don can get the most realistic equipment added into the next patch. Thanks for all they do!

Last edited by EJ; April 2nd, 2023 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Old April 2nd, 2023, 11:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

A "few months" will make little difference because a few months after that newer info will be available that will require adjustments. We could delay this 2 years and not get all the data we need. I am NOT going to sit on this waiting for all the info to come in because all the info will likely never be available or change a month or two after we release the delay

Also...... it's not like players who are interested in "accuracy" have to wait. We have put all the tools we use in every release and you can make all the changes and additions you want

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2023, 11:58 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Ahem.......that was posted April 1
Something else happened April 1

Quote:
KYIV (Reuters) - Russia, whose leader is accused of war crimes, assumed charge of the United Nations Security Council on Saturday causing fury in Ukraine, with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy calling it an absurd and destructive move.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/01/world...ntl/index.html

Quote:
Russia runs the UN Security Council this month. Ukraine says it’s the worst April Fools’ joke

A country led by an accused war criminal is now in charge of the United Nations Security Council. Hard as it is to believe, it’s Russia’s turn to assume presidency of the powerful body – which is charged with maintaining global peace and security.

The last time Russia held the rotating presidency of the body responsible for maintaining peace and combating acts of international aggression was in February 2022 when Moscow troops launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
The irony is as thick as molasses in February.......

Old April 2nd, 2023, 12:28 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Don,
I as well pointed out the second picture was probably real in the sense it's from the Ukraine...

"Now the next picture below the rendered one, looks real and if so, those ERA blocks look too small to be Kontact-5 in fact I'd be willing to bet that it's Kontact-1"

Now I know a little more about the ICON process-thank you!

If the current timeline is 3 weeks, I'll be watching as I would anyway.

We're for sure probably not to know about the LEOPARD 1A5 units until after the release but, as I've already stated a couple of posts ago "we just add the ERA" or something very close to this last.

Moving on...

My next is using "open source" data to track Russian tank loses of which I'm sure ORNX is one of them (Some of those pictures look very familiar to me-HMmmm.). They say they'll update this weekly with a "brief" bio of each tank. Tank loses (#) is next to the name of the tank. This is Week 1.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/ukra..._war_2022.html

Poland has signed the agreement to produce the K2 export (K-2PL) tank, this obviously this will not happen overnight but will more than likely take 2-3 years to build and procure the manufacturing equipment. In the meantime, South Korea will be suppling I believe the first 200 tanks or so.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe..._k2_tanks.html

I think this Thread is fairly caught up on.

In my first Submission that was focused on the Russian captured tanks I had shown the original number captured when I was putting it together.

Just before I posted it, I went back and reviewed the ORNX captured numbers. If there was a change, I updated the number to reflect that as follows from the submission...T-80BVM (32) +) ,

When the patch gets released and as part of my normal admin cycle when I "bounce" the submission list off the patch I will update those numbers to see what's changed since it was posted.

It's a FREE SERVICE with "No Contract to Sign!!"

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 2nd, 2023 at 03:03 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: