Old August 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Board - Props and Slops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
Let me write something:

****,damn,****

Edit:there is a filter for all the foul words except damn.DAMN,there's a filter. :P
Yeah, damn is allowed. Just about anything you would hear on network television or radio is allowed. Most of the stuff has to do with female anatomy, surprise, surprise. Hence, Tim's frustration noted above. Again, this is not new. We had this filter on the "old" board.
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Don't you have a cantina thread to be posting in

Narf,

Don't mind Richard. I'm glad you're here.
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Corporal

BadCompany is on a distinguished road

Lets try:

***** and ****

Yep,everything except damn.
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Junkie View Post
This is what I don't get.

Why do so many people (such as my parents) insist on maximizing everything on their computer?
Ostensibly because I'm one of those dicks with dual monitors, so I can stick IRC, IM, et al on the other monitor and use the whole big one for whatever I happen to be looking at. In all honesty though, Firefox is the only thing I keep maximized, because since there's no universal standard for the width of webpages, some look better wider, others narrower, and rather than resize the window every time I hop to a different page, I just leave it as big as it'll get and hope that web designers make the best use of the space. Most do, some don't, but it works for me.

But that's neither here nor there. I like the new site, even if I'm still learning to use it, and aside from itsy bitsy reply box text, and all the quotation marks in old posts being replaced with funny question mark graphics, I'm quite happy with it.
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Heart Re: New Board - Props and Slops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Wombat View Post
I have had Space Empires 4 games that have literally lasted years with much schemeing and plotting and that didn't require the abuse of shrpanel forums PM system. I think you guys are smart enough to work something out.
This is silly, I don't think anyone here was championing the "abuse" of anything. The people who this change hurts, were by and large "using" the system to great effect - and there were definitely more people who used the system as intended, than the few who just let every message pile up ad infinitum.

Annette - Richard's tone was very authoritarian. You can try to separate intent from action, but whether censorship was intended to be conveyed - that is how it was received. In all of my time online, regardless of intent, this is what requests to handle a public issue "in private" actually result in. Rarely does the public see productive results occur. More often, the issue is swept under the rug, and then either forgotten by people who are in fact now oppressed (take that term with a grain of salt, but it is what it is), or months later someone says "hey, whatever came of all of that?", to which I've then seen Admins clamp down and squash that, stating that it had been requested to be handled privately - so leave it alone.

You can disagree about what constitutes censorship, and what constitutes oppression - and try to remove that stigma from your own actions, but it's all just semantics at that point.

I'm not trying to cause problems - and I sincerely apologize if my posts in this thread have caused additional problems simply for being in this thread, rather than in another thread. For what it's worth, a couple of hours ago I looked for that other thread, and I must be blind or something, but it didn't jump out at me to tell me it even existed, so I continued posting my replies in this one.

This whole thing is getting kind of emotional, so if I suggest that in this case that locking this thread and placing a link to the other thread may have been appropriate - I'll probably get nailed for telling people how to do their job. I guess I am just as easy to hate as I am easy to love - but I knew that already.

<3
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentZero View Post
I'm one of those dicks with dual monitors

Somehow I doubt that YOUR name is Richard. :P

I humbly request that I be able to say bee itch, if someone can call themselves a dick.
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
As Ich said, the party seems to be here, so we're here. But we're also in the thread we asked to be the official spot.

Just looked again after posting. This "official spot" is nowhere to be found. I would assume that it would be in this General Forum, since it deals with the same content as this thread, which was moved here. However, no such luck. So people are getting pissed at me for posting in the only visible place for such discussion. I still have these unclaimed vouchers for footrubs, and I am not afraid to pass them out.

Old August 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I think that Shrapnel has a desire for these forums to be public friendly. There are many times that I have asked someone to take my conversation private so that I can speak abit more openly than I would otherwise.
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:35 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Just looked again after posting. This "official spot" is nowhere to be found. I would assume that it would be in this General Forum, since it deals with the same content as this thread, which was moved here. However, no such luck.
The "PLEASE READ RE: Site Conversion" sticky in the Shrapnel general forums can be replied to. That's the "official" place.
Emergency comic relief
Closed Thread