World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 2nd, 2023, 09:50 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: 2023 winSPMBT V17 upgrade/Patch info

The only problem with that theory is the DL for "B" was deliberately named with B added so it would be different than the original AND the file size was different with those missing files added so it was a different size and a different name

That said have Edge on my HD but don't like it and use Chrome and Chrome happily downloaded multiple copies of both installers yesterday that I made when people were saying the DL didn't work.. it just automagically adds a 1, 2 , or 3 etc onto the end so you could DL 99 of them and the last one would be ...
winSPMBT Ver17_Update(2023) (99).ZIP.

There might be something in your settings that is doing that but what I know about Edge is that it exists and nothing about setting it up

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 2nd, 2023, 10:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Also, in case anyone wondered this little brain fart of mine will not have any impact on PBEM.The OOB's were not changed so it's not imperative if you do PBEM that you and your opponent have the "B" version.

The ONLY effect the original would have on a player is if they used USMC as the opponent in a human/AI game or let the computer buy for them playing as USMC ( which would actually be a way to get the most out of the work that went into those picklists ) and even then, depending on the year, a player might not notice anything really weird like the AI buying a fleet of bulldozers in defence.

So......... I COULD HAVE just let this slide until we started getting reports which could have been months... that's the unknown but my first reaction was to fix it not ignore it which is why the "B" exists

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2023, 12:11 PM

Sergeant

JohnHale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2023 winSPMBT V17 upgrade/Patch info

Edge still u/s, but able to download with Chrome. Thanks, chaps.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnHale For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2023, 12:15 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Edge really should only be used as a way to download a decent browser on getting a new computer (Firefox, chrome whatever floats your boat) which is then set as the default browser.

Edge, being the default Microsoft browser is the goto thing for hackers to exploit after all. Plus it's pants.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2023, 05:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well folks I really did mess up.

I investigated the post made by Void1984 on the MBT forums and he is correct.

The patches posted yesterday for both games ARE ONLY THIS YEARS WORK..... they are not consolidators that update over a number of versions they are just this years work so I have to build everything again.......... If you have been patching every year you don't have to do this again but if you have not patched for a couple of year hold off until I can build and test new ones and that may not be for a couple of days

EDIT

This has now been corrected,The 2022 consolidation upgrade patches are back on the DL page below the 2023 patch so anyone who has not been patching every year now can do that sequentially with the final patch being the 2023 version

Last edited by DRG; May 3rd, 2023 at 08:21 AM..
Old May 2nd, 2023, 07:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

As noted above we have a problem but with reflection it is perhaps not as bad as it sounds

There are time lags with all the people to make this work being in different places on the planet so none of what I am writing now is carved in stone and MAY change but I am offering a solution... NOT forgiveness....... it's too late for that

The last consolidator for both games was starting to get too large and we were due to start a new one ( This is why there had been comments about how fast the DL was )

The patch posted is JUST A v16-v17 PATCH...... so this latest one posted yesterday is NOT a consolidator and so if you have been updating all along nothing changes for you

What I hope will happen is the previous consolidator will be reposted and this latest patch will be the potential start of a new series but that idea has not been cleared with Shrapnel yet but it is a plan that causes everyone the least amount of grief

EDIT This has now been done. The 2022 consolidator upgrade patches have been reposted so anyone who may not have patched up every year now can with the latest 2023 patch installed last

Last edited by DRG; May 3rd, 2023 at 08:24 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2023, 09:35 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

So if we have been patching, all is good; we won't need the consolation one you are working on unless we have not been patching?
Old May 3rd, 2023, 02:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
So if we have been patching, all is good; we won't need the consolation one you are working on unless we have not been patching?

That is correct

If you have been keeping your game patched up-to-date every year and you installed this patch you are perfectly up-to-date and no matter what is decided to do to get this all straight again it will not affect you as you have every update in your game.

The issue now affects players who don't patch up every year. If they are 3 years out of date and patch with V17 then they will have missed a couple of years which is why I hope what we can do is get the last consolation patch posted back to the game update page and that will allow anyone to properly bring their game up-to-date.

The last consolidator for both games was getting a bit too big anyway and we were overdue for starting a new series so this year's updates for both games would be the start of that.

EDIT This has now been done. The 2022 consolidator upgrade patches have been reposted so anyone who may not have patched up every year now can with the latest 2023 patch installed last

Last edited by DRG; May 3rd, 2023 at 08:25 AM..
Old May 3rd, 2023, 07:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK, we are now totally back to normal. Both game's 2022 consolidator upgrade patches are back on each of Shrapnel's DL pages so anyone who has skipped a year or two updating now can do that before installing the 2023 patch.

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE 2023 PATCH DOES NOT HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN unless in the case of MBT they Downloaded it before mid-afternoon May 1. If you did please go to the link below and download the "B" version that has the updated USMC picklists. If you downloaded that patch after mid afternoon on May 1 you will be OK just check the "picklists" folder of the game. If you see files dated 2023 you are OK, if the latest ones are 2022 you need to DL and install them again

So......

The patches posted May 1/2023 for both games ARE ONLY THIS YEARS WORK..... They are not consolidators that update a number of versions

If you have been updating the game every year this will not affect you and you will be up-to date but if you have not updated the game for a couple of years you will need to install the 2022 consolidator patch before installing the 2023 patch

https://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_W.../MBT_page.html

Last edited by DRG; May 3rd, 2023 at 02:28 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2023, 07:59 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I'm adding this as a reminder becasue there has already been one customer support complaint that the new scenarios were not showing up in Scenhack.

From the Game guide at the end of the Scenhack section

Important to remember

If you make any changes or add new scenarios you need to press the "Make tables" or "Create Tables" buttons so scenhack can find what you are looking for !

We cannot do that with a patch because there will always be people with their own scenarios in their game so if you use Scenhack you have to remember to run the instructions above so it refreshes its DB and I will endeavour to remember to add that info to future installers