Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2014, 09:42 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Finnish OOB 8.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnt View Post
In the mean time, take a cup of strong coffee and enjoy the time away from this thread and enjoy the finer things in life.
It's would be nice if that was all there was to it but I'm dealing with some of the same issues you mentioned in your first sentence so it's not much a case of "enjoy the finer things in life". More like dealing with the harsher realities of life

Don

Last edited by DRG; May 4th, 2014 at 09:55 AM..
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhero View Post
Well how about making new modified Finnish OOB,dmnt? And upload it into Mods forum (as other modified OOBs there)?
Well, I have done and tested some of the changes I have done but I hope to get these changes done and test them properly before sharing them to others.
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:36 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnt View Post
In the mean time, take a cup of strong coffee and enjoy the time away from this thread and enjoy the finer things in life.
It's would be nice if that was all there was to it but I'm dealing with some of the same issues you mentioned in your first sentence so it's not much a case of "enjoy the finer things in life". More like dealing with the harsher realities of life
My condolences, I was under impression that it was already a thing in the past and all you needed was a bit of rest. I wish you and your family all the best.
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:33 AM

Sergeant

AMV XA361-AMOS (+STRIX) ammo loadout has been a big floating question mark for me for some time already. Until recently I thought somebody had done some deep research and found something I haven't but after spending some hours reading about this in reservists' forums I came to conclusion that the numbers are based on estimates, not actual ammo loads.

AMOS units have a total of 180 rounds (70+70 HE, 20+20 AP) while STRIX units have 90 (35+35 HE, 10+10 AP). Sheer weight of 180 projectiles would be 2.3 metric tons.

Unconfirmed sources state that there are 60+5 rounds in the vehicle in the format that looks like it's copy/paste from www.mil.fi but at least the current page states "Laukauksia vaunussa: 48 kpl", "Rounds in the vehicle: 48 pcs", not specifying if that is in addition to the rounds in the ammo loader or not (according to what I've read, loader takes 4 rounds, the "+5" earlier is one in the barrel included I guess).
XA-361 AMOS on www.mil.fi

Army-guide.com suggests rather high looking values 90 rounds in vehicle and 25 rds/min whereas FDF states the peak fire rate is 16 rds/min, sustained rate of 12 rds/min and the total round count is the earlier mentioned 48.
AMOS on army-guide.com

Mobhack manual states:
"Howitzer & mortar loads are 5xROF for on-map pieces, and 10xROF for off-map items."
but i think it does not apply for self propelled units.

Therefore the ammo loadout and ROF values should in my humble opinion be:
ROF: 12 (as currently is)
HE: 18 + 18
AP: 6 + 6

This ammo loadout would be if not realistic at least playable. 6 rounds / 12 ROF means that you can empty the load on predesignated target and not have 1 round left annoying you. 18 HE means that you can continue the next round to empty the vehicle totally of HE ammo before going to ammo dump for reload.

Units affected:
335, 336, 348 (and 999, Nation:0)
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:06 PM

Sergeant

Continuing with XA-361, I have found no proof that Finland had any STRIX ammunition for AMOS or 120mm regular mortars. There are some Spanish made MAT-120 cluster munitions bought by Finland before their production was ceased and STRIX has been stated by FDF as compatible and as an option to be used. It is most probable that at an emerging conflict Finland would buy them from Sweden but currently there are no such ammunition in storage.

This also solves the problem of having a direct firing STRIX unit if dual purpose unit is created for human players.

XA-361-AMOS has currently the same armor values as Patria AMV even though the AMV is in IFV configuration and most probably way ahead of AMOS protection levels.
"Panssarointi ja nbc-suojaus suojaavat käsiaseilta ja kaasuilta" => "Armor and NBC protection protects (sic) from hand guns and gases"

By the sheer weight the AMOS without the tower is 2.5 metric tons lighter than AMV, most probably due to lighter armor.

http://www.puolustusvoimat.fi/wcm/Er...i/Uutiset/amos

Remove unit 336.
Modify units 335, 348, (999)
Armor as in XA-203 or -185.
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

What part of if you want these changed do them yourself, document the change and post them to the mods section was unclear ??. This cannot just be a language issue. Refer to post #8 of this thread and the patch thread. I am not recording these "suggestions"
Closed Thread