.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 26th, 2010, 11:05 PM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gluttony - LA Game - Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherling View Post
An out-of-character response for a moment, as I notice that Marignon has been eliminated from the game.

I'd like to extend a thank-you to 13lackGu4rd for substituting in when the previous player quit. He ended up in a pretty hopeless position, beset on multiple fronts by some powerful enemies. Nonetheless, he stuck with it, and actually went on the attack rather than being ground down at home.

So, 13lackGu4rd, on behalf of myself and I hope everyone else, I'd like to thank you for being a good competitor and making the game a more interesting one.
Ditto. Hats off BG.
-ssj

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old September 30th, 2010, 08:15 AM

First Lieutenant

Finalgenesis is on a distinguished road

This war is getting profitable quickly, though I must admit my lab is getting a bit cluttered.
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:23 AM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalgenesis View Post
This war is getting profitable quickly, though I must admit my lab is getting a bit cluttered.
as Agartha's empties... Agartha expects no quarter in this war.

We do take offense to your senseless killing of a young Shambler named "Nick". His body was found frozen under three inches of ice from some heinous ritual from the R'ylehian Abyss. His stooped shoulders and overlong arms will no longer hold his girl... "Nancy".

In other news Lucy has begot a child of Jim the Vastness. Neither mother nor the mid-wife survived the birth. We hope to send him home to daddy soon.

Agartha Ministry of Plaid Ninjas

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old October 1st, 2010, 09:42 AM

Private

Otherling is on a distinguished road

Long have our seers walked the desolation of the coast, seeking signs of what is to come. And at long last, we have received an answer. A great black walrus was seen in the pools before the great temple, and it bellowed three times at the rising of the moon. The face of the glacier At'Heth Taratuk fell into the ocean, revealing the bones of a mighty beast. At the fourth white gate, the tide flowed three times without ebbing, leaving the trees broken under a weight of ice. The signs are clear, and we send our messengers now to share them with the world.

The terrible power that lies dead yet dreaming below the Coast of Ice and Bones is awakening once more. Arkael the herald has already come to prepare the path, and our armies have gone forth in her name. Now, all must be made ready. We must bring back to the coast new sources of magic, new bones to burn upon the altars.

The empire must expand.

For a long time, we have lived at peace with the strange creatures of Patala. Odd things, they cannot even survive more than a moment below the waters of the coast. Now the illithids of R'Lyeh call upon us to unite with them and so conquer these 'monkeys'. Against all the powers of the deeps, these furred things could not long stand. The starspawn urge us to see the benefits to both our peoples. Long have we cooperated with R'Lyeh, to great advantage.

Yet there is one thing they have forgotten.

R'Lyeh lays claim to near all the oceans of the world. And the seas are ours. Our heritage. Our birthright. Our legacy, stolen from us by the starspawn. We have not forgotten. We have not forgiven. The time has come to reclaim all the waters for Atlantis. We will have the seas back. We will have them all back.

Let it therefore be known that all agreements and treaties between Atlantis and R'Lyeh are dissolved, nullified, and destroyed. Per the signs, we give the illithids the three months of spring to flee or stand as they will. After that, we march to war. We will scour the oceans of the starspawn, and take back all that is ours. There shall be no peace below the waves, until the bones of the false god Voltaron are burned upon the high altar, or the last of our race is ended.

So it has been foreseen. So shall it be done.
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM

Corporal

Nauquan is on a distinguished road

True Ture monkeys do not like to get wet. We are in the final staged of our own vast experiment. If a monkey is bitten by a werewolf, will he become a weremonkey? We are sending in a legion of volunteers to find out.

Even better a were-elephant!
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

Finalgenesis is on a distinguished road

Send him in, we can always use more thral... er, I mean we will welcome the "exchange student".

-T'ggoth, Clerk-in-training for the Thrall assignment center

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansanjuan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalgenesis View Post
as Agartha's empties... Agartha expects no quarter in this war.

We do take offense to your senseless killing of a young Shambler named "Nick". His body was found frozen under three inches of ice from some heinous ritual from the R'ylehian Abyss. His stooped shoulders and overlong arms will no longer hold his girl... "Nancy".

In other news Lucy has begot a child of Jim the Vastness. Neither mother nor the mid-wife survived the birth. We hope to send him home to daddy soon.

Agartha Ministry of Plaid Ninjas
Old October 2nd, 2010, 04:34 AM

Major

Hadrian_II is on a distinguished road

Midgard is finally death, in the end we had nothing we could use against patalas onslaught. But as i was blessed with an awake frost father as pretender (and some scales) i suppose i should be happy with lasting that long.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM

Corporal

We are sad to say that our great werewolf experiment was a failure. Not one of our "volunteers" has contracted the disease.

On a positive note, during a freak storm, many of our troops were exposed to quite a few electrons. If anyone would like to purchase a glow-in-the-dark monkey, please let us know.

OT. Thanks for the merry chase. I would love to know how you maintained such a large army without any visible means of income.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM

Corporal

Also we would like to apologise to Bogarus. We may have trampled all over your kingdom in our zeal to attack Midgard. We are faintly embarrased. Several of our best monkey scientist are striving to return life to your flattened corpses. If we do not succeed please belive that we shall ignore any leftover breathing, and never speak of this tragedy again without a certain wistfulness.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:15 AM

Major

Hadrian_II is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauquan View Post
I would love to know how you maintained such a large army without any visible means of income.
If you are out of money, your army does not just desert at once, but gradually, so my army was getting smaller every turn. Also commanders do not desert.