BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 13th, 2016, 03:09 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

The to-hit number?

If I am cycling round a set of potential targets and one is way ahead of the others then I know to take that one. But then again, if the lower number is say a T-55 and the higher is an APC, the T-55 might take precedence.

But I dont sit there for hours obsessing if I should go for the shot at 12% or the one at 17%... its neither here nor there.

If the shot needs to be taken, then its taken. Simples.

The to-hit chance reported by the T key sequence is only a basic "gunner's guestimate" as it does not have any of the random numbers generated, and its for the slot 1 (primary) weapon. The hit %age displayed on actually firing has had the random effects applied, which can be for the better or worse. If the random numbers were run then users would complain that when they switch away and back, the number shown for target X yo-yos, confusing the end user and so then "wah boo-hoo I found a "!..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old December 13th, 2016, 07:35 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Use occasionaly as a rough guide especialy if changed from WWll to modern era but on the whole you just develop a feel for the unit based on its stats.
Attack helos if they have moved more than a couple of hexes I would need a good reason to use the missile rather than wait till next turn for the shot.
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:35 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
OK this is a question for everybody but "shahadi".........how may of you actually......... "

IDK about Andy but I rarely....and I MEAN rarely...pay any attention to that message at all

Don
I never take it at face value, in it's current state as a guideline it works fine.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old December 14th, 2016, 01:15 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

I like using it mostly with less experienced tank/or any other anti tank component. Reason for this is simple, I want to build up those units experience level as fast as possible, especially for a previously badly damaged unit/or a replacement to one of my core units. The driver here for me is the length of my campaigns as discussed already. I will use my more experienced core units to deal the bigger threat T-80's lurking amongst the T-55's. It's simply an aid that I'm not totally bound by as each situation is different, but still probably use around ~75% of the time for the above situation. I find if my core units are intact it's not as big a deal but, either way, I find little to no difference in time savings maybe because like I play Chess, I'm looking 2-4 moves ahead. And I like "overlapping" my units during the initial deployment phase for the above stated purpose and use as well.

I guess that makes me a "technical" player going back to my many years of die cut board playing wargames from Avalon Hill and SPI mostly I guess with many over nighters included. Couple of my favorites from SPI...
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...tar-white-star
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8319/sixth-fleet

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; December 14th, 2016 at 01:38 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

IronDuke99 is on a distinguished road

I used to have 'Air Assault on Crete' when I was at school, by Avalon Hill (published late 1970's?)If I remember rightly it had a invasion of Malta game too. If only I knew then what I know now...
Old December 15th, 2016, 04:59 PM

Lieutenant General

Ahhhh yes ... I cut my teeth on Tactics II (mid 1960s).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old December 15th, 2016, 10:09 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

There were lots of great games, problem was space especially if playing friends over a few weeks.
Old December 16th, 2016, 01:35 AM

Lieutenant General

Yeah, when I was in the service several of us were playing Dunnigan's "War in the East". We got enough room by "paneling" one wall with sheet steel and using magnetic "Counter Clips".

Wound up being rather amusing. Traditionally in the USMC Friday morning is the weekly quarters inspection and more often then not rather then a critique of our cleaning we got one on the current state of the game and suggestions

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old September 18th, 2021, 08:55 AM

Private

rel19 is on a distinguished road

In videorecords we can see that ATGM launch makes far less smoke and flash than tank gun shot. So to spot ATGM vehicle on fire should be harder than tank. But in SP MBT this mechanics is opposite.
Could a separate setting for ATGM fire spotting be developed?
Old September 18th, 2021, 01:30 PM

Corporal

whdonnelly is on a distinguished road

At one point, US doctrine was to immediately fire at the ATGM site because the missile firing was detectable and flew slow enough to be disrupted by making the operator duck. Probably 30 years ago now, but the TOW battery would set off a Claymore mine on either or both sides of the firing position simultaneously with the missile launch to mask the real location. Just bringing it up because someone out there thought the launch was easily detectable.