.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 18th, 2010, 05:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals

Tripple bless..yeh, it works well on them . Hinnom has much more diversity in strategies - I agree with Baalz blood fountain/good scales idea. If you wanted to do bless, as you did, you could take Ashdod, they are more cost-effective, and they have no alternative strategies unlike hinnom. No high-end blood summon, no tramplers for fast expansion, no healers, worse mages...I think Ashdod is much weaker..unless they are tripple blessed

And your wimpy Melqart, with 6 hitpoints left, was very fast in what he did the best, showing his back side...Lucky him, that Ashdod is not crazy to waste it's affords on your crazy PD and there are still a lot of empty lends around. Beware though! Ashdod vs Hinnom is funny. Some moment it can happen.

Last edited by militarist; February 18th, 2010 at 05:37 AM..
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:32 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by namad View Post
btw the way this sounds really cool... count me in if you wanna do another wacky game in the future
Well, at this point I'm pretty confident that there will be "Legendary Ordeals II". I've gotten a lot of in-character posts and the turns have just been flying by, showing the the players are also excited too. My turns also take less time than I anticipated (it also is good that my micro won't basically increase much as the game progresses, although some complicated late-game Ordeals will be a bit time intensive occasionally).

Although I already have ideas for improving the next game (like modding a unit with ridiclious fear to conquer indy provinces without getting into HoF). The ordeals I have planned are pretty diverse, so that I can see which kinds of Ordeals people like the most and which kinds can be cut.

Well, to make it short, this game is an experiment and I'll likely keep these games up and polish up the format as I go along. One thing I'd like the most would be a custom-map for this kind of game, with a badass mountain in the middle for the Pantokrator's throne and so forth.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

I would also suggest to have the world round..It creates better balance in case someone grows to fast. And being in the corner of the map, though not always better, but it's not so bad to have your *** covered just by map limitations.
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM

Private

slMagnvox is on a distinguished road

Oi! The Ashdod expand recklessly and trespass onto Ulmish heartland. Ashdod, immediate withdraw is your only course of action lest blood be shed. Crom, give us strength! Mighty Pantokrator, bless our cause! Ulm will fight in defense of her sovereign territory.
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:04 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

The pirates of Atlantis have landed on the holy isle of Shinuyama. We met with misfortune when attempting to take the southern port, but drove all the knights from the field, and apparently the pirates came in and mopped up the dregs of defense.

We give you leave to depart from there Atlantis, for that is our southern port, and we will not let it be inhabited by you.

Shung has spoken.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:38 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

I gotta say, you just haven't lived until you've had sweet and sour beer batter fried Kohen. Ed really does it right. I'm a little worried that Ashdod won't be sending more snacks soon, but Ed seems pretty sure about it. Anyway, I made Ed promise to write down his recipe so everyone can enjoy. Here is Ed with a nugget of culinary wisdom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed, Prophet of Soggoth
Ya **** it and then eat it... The order is really important here.
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

Ashdod is not interested in Ulm land. It was just a giant's morning cross by the road with a good view on smiths and that lazy Iron warriors, smoking in capital.
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Yes, small and pink. You are right. We are coming, and we are hungry. You can start boiling water, some of us will become a dinner very soon.
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Or some of yours.
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:36 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Ho ho! Listen to mister big for his britches! The boys don't back down from blow hards without any hair on their chest. You think long and hard about the implications of that long coast ye be sporting. One province worth the absolute guarantee that we make to any of your neighbors that you'll be hamstrung if any of them are so inclined to take a bite? You play nice and the lady can be a good friend to you, but you swing yer tiny pecker around like that and it'll end up nailed to the yardarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
The pirates of Atlantis have landed on the holy isle of Shinuyama. We met with misfortune when attempting to take the southern port, but drove all the knights from the field, and apparently the pirates came in and mopped up the dregs of defense.

We give you leave to depart from there Atlantis, for that is our southern port, and we will not let it be inhabited by you.

Shung has spoken.