.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Old February 1st, 2006, 06:00 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Nova Deus

The new dragons are cool. They are both very powerful SC platforms because air and astral have great bufs. Especially powerful is the black dragon that has astral, now thats a monster. Start game he can take indies solo after casting BE, astral shield (and maybe personal luck, astral weapon and twist fate) and then attack rearmost, end game he can astral tempest, enslave minds and so forth. Not to mention that it gives a nice blessing with MR and twist fate, this is good for fragile mages.

The watcher is very cool, I like its animation.
For the white wizard I second Endoperez's suggestion.

Very nice mod overall.
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:59 PM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road

Thanks for checking out the mod, WraithLord. I appreciate the attention and opinions. I will, of course, continue to update it as I can. Given some of your comments, would it be out of hand to increase the base points cost for the dragons? It was my intention to make them more appealing than the simple colored dragons available to most nations and the two undead dragons. However, I did not mean to make them OVERLY powerful. Given that, I may raise their points cost to somewhere between 60 and 75 in version 1.1.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 07:05 AM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road

I've only had a little time with it, but I like these mods already. The black dragon is waaay cool. The graphics for necropolis are top notch.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:00 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

Quote:
zepath said:
Given some of your comments, would it be out of hand to increase the base points cost for the dragons? It was my intention to make them more appealing than the simple colored dragons available to most nations and the two undead dragons. However, I did not mean to make them OVERLY powerful. Given that, I may raise their points cost to somewhere between 60 and 75 in version 1.1.
This makes sense and it will not hurt their "coolness".
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:35 AM

Sergeant

I am working on refining Nova Deus right now and will hopefully be able to upload a v1.1 update sometime later today. It will include a few changes from what I put out on Tuesday as well as two more new pretenders that I have been working on.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Turin is on a distinguished road

Since this hasnīt come up yet, you need to give the human form of the black dragon the #gcost command.
Else you will get him dor free, since the code checks for the cost of the human form. He also seems to have a weird bug where it shows that new paths cost 10 in the pretender description, even though itīs correct in the design screen.

There is also the problem that the dragons get the full magic paths and not -2 like the other dragons. So thatīs a pretty big advantage.

Oh and the silver dragons lightning blast is just brutal. Strength gets added to the damage, so thatīs on average 37 armorpiercing damage with an Area of effect of 3.

I like the idea of the virtues and vices, but they should be buffed. Only 30 hp is a big disadvantage for a combat chassis and with newpathcosts of 100 they are only good for single bless strategies.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM

Sergeant

Thank you for the help Turin. I've made many of the changes you suggested, but I'm not sure how to (or even if it's possible to) handicap the dragons' maximum magic levels.

The breath attack for the White Dragon has been fixed. I haven't play-tested that one very much at all and didn't realize I forgot the #nostr flag!

Glad you liked the two new angelic pretenders. I thought it would be neat to have a few variations on the Virtue god. Again, thanks for your informed assistance.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 07:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Turin is on a distinguished road

hmm I rather like it the way it is handled on the red dragon. His firebreath is dependant on strength, but starts with 0 damage. Since strength varies depending on dominion, that creates a quite nice dynamic.

I donīt think you can handicap the magic levels, but you could simulate a spellcasting weakness by reducing their base encumbrance to 0 and giving them a piece of armor with encumbrance 4(so that the spellcasting encumbrance gets doubled) . Not sure if that would be fun though.

Oh I just got around to checking out the solar chosen and hearth chosen. Very well done, although they are probably a bit too cheap.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:26 PM

Sergeant

I now understand the red's breath attack much better, and agree that it's a nice effect. Still, I wanted the White Dragon's breath weapon to be similar to the blue's, which has a base damage level with no influence from strength.

As for the chosens, they have the same points cost as the Lunas Chosen from the Avatar mod. I essentially tried to create the Hearth and Solar Chosen as facsimilies of the Lunas Chosen, but with the appropriate bent for the nations to which they belong. They do, I notice now, have a level of magic and the Lunas Chosen does not, and I suppose that would be worth a few more points. So, I may increase that value in a future update.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:08 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Little something that I thought just now:
Maybe the readme(s) should be put to the \novadeus\ folder instead of the main \mods\ folder. They would be actually easier to find, that way, as at least my mod folder is filled up with numerous mods and readmes.