.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old May 9th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Sergeant

runequester is on a distinguished road
Default Amazing feats from your units?

Sometimes we have a unit that defies reality, or just does really really well.

In a recent game, I had two four man scout teams that I had stuck in front of my defensive line to spot the enemy as they came in.

Over the course of the game, one scout team sneaks off to blow up 2 T34's. The other is whittled down to one man, but manages to hold back a platoon and a half of russians, with his Mauser firing frantically.

So tell us some stories
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM

Corporal

Mobryan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Amazing feats from your units?

A couple games ago in my Russian LC (10/41), my KV-1 company commander destroyed an entire Pz 38 company in 2 1/2 turns.

The Pz's came out of a small, edge of map forest onto the rear flank of my KV company, the command tank reaction shot 3 of them, one shot kills, then dispached another 6 with 7 shots on my half of the turn. The rest of the company came out of the forest next turn, with the same results. The German infantry riding along took horrible losses as their rides brewed up beneath them, my HQ tank and the Marine company HMG section routed the rest in short order.

In ~ 4 turns, both the tanks and the infantry had been either destroyed competly or routed so completly the never became a real threat again.

Matt
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

That's what's know as a "Hero of the Soviet Union"

Don
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:09 AM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road

In my last battle, I had a platoon of T-34/76s ambush and anialate about 40 german tanks. One of them got over 20 kills by himself. All this was done with no damage to the platoon and with very minimal infantry support.

In the same battle I had two tanks take out enemy units at over 1300 meters with less then 20% to hit, thus saving a platoon of infantry and victory objectives.

Howard Tayer
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Sergeant

Ha! I just had another one this morning. I've got a Puma AC that is currently stalking my opponent's tanks.

1st amazing feat - He snuck around the southern flank unseen and put three shells into the rear of a Kv-85, damaging it (I don't know how badly) without taking any fire.

2nd amazing feat - he faced down what seems to amount to two Kv-85s at <350meters, one T-34/76 at 50 meters and I think I took fire from a OT-34 at <300 meters and SURVIVED!!!!! He was shot at at least a dozen times!

3rd amazing feat - This "kitten," as my opponent refered to him, smoked the T-34/76 head on with his one and only shot allowed on his turn. This is amazing since even the turrent armour on the 34/76 was at or above the penitration of my gun and there was no "extra penitration" message that popped up. Not to mention the suppression and the shot was at 54% hit probability.

4th amazing feat - He escaped into the wilds with only slight damage.

GIVE THAT MAN A MEDAL!!!!!!! I'm sure my opponent may not see this as amazaing as my "kitten" will be back to torment him again! Needless to say, I was holding my breath through the whole thing.

Howard Tayer
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Sergeant

hoplitis is on a distinguished road

No wonder why the other guy is posting about unrealistic results at unimaginable odds!!!!!
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Private

pjbandit2003 is on a distinguished road

How about disastrous feats from your units.

I am playing a PBEM Soviet vs US 1952ish. I had my 4 heavy T-10s stationary in woods with 200m open ground in front and a lone infantry in the woods ahead. Hoping to have the enemy rout the infantry and chase him into the open field. It worked perfectly up to this point. One of his heavies came to the edge of the woods. My tanks open up with a 75% hit chance no hits. He fires hits one of my tanks and suppresses it. The other three fire again 2 hits no damage. He brings another tank to the edge 3 more shots 75%or so to hit no hits. His tanks fire and suppress my tanks. My turn, all 4 tanks will not rally and I have to withdraw.
A nice ambush gone completely wrong. Oh by the way, my sacrificial infantry immobilized one of his tanks in the woods only good thing to come of it.
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Private

Dreadnought is on a distinguished road

I had a low cost 8 point Marksman kill 2 PZ IIIg's solo via Mills bomb assault. I was in a defend - the Marksman had range set to 1, and his job was to be a human early warning trip wire. He did better than that! Sadly, he was swarmed the next turn with Infantry, but a Posthumous VC seems in order.
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

To, Lt. Ketch and pjbandit,

What can i say?
Sometimes i get lucky and sometimes i don't
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:08 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
To, Lt. Ketch and pjbandit,

What can i say?
Sometimes i get lucky and sometimes i don't
Same here. That puma was the luckiest unit I've ever had. I am sorry that it was to the expense of a good opponent. As you've said before, nothing maliciuos towards you personally. Just a friendly game of you kill me, I kill you.

Howard Tayer