.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old April 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

I got it in an MP game. The flavor text says its from the 'swamps of patala' (i thought they were jungle but oh well) and all other nagas have swamp survival and amphibious but this one has neither.

also- give the monkey casters stealth (even poor stealth) to make up for their morale and tactical movement.

(poor monkeys- can't run away from stampeding c'tis undead chariots- what a blood bath- RIP gorus- you really should have uncrossed your legs to make your get-away)
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road

Well Ashdod is completely unplayable in this mod. Please don't destroy any more nations.

k thnks
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Is that because of the 1 enc increase on their sacreds?

kthxbai
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoul31 View Post
Well Ashdod is completely unplayable in this mod. Please don't destroy any more nations.
No, it's just you can't play them in no-brainer fashion like you want to anymore. As being able to get fatigue neutral SC giants from turn 1 is not a good gameplay feature in any way. Ashdod and their SC giants are just as good as always, it's just that now you are pretty much forced to forge at least some light gear for them before they can be sent to trash armies. And that is a bad change why exactly?

And in general, how about learning how to play the game properly before offering criticism. As you only ever play SC nations with EN blesses, and you are always useless at it. So you know nothing about the wider aspects of the game, and even the style of play you use religiously, you're completely hopeless at. So maybe it's good for you overall if you are forced into playing nations another way. As then there may actually be some hope of you realising how the game is really played, because right now you are clueless/

Oh wait I forgot, you only ever get beaten because people gang you, as your own poor play in every game is never the problem. How absent minded of me.
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM

Corporal

Shangrila00 is on a distinguished road

Can we at least make Anakite armor encumbrance 2 instead of 3? As it is, it's the worst heavy armor in the game, even worse than the heavy samurai armor which is protection 17. At Encumbrance 2, Anakites still can't be made fatigue neutral, and you don't have to explain why armor enchanted by the descendants of angels is worse than purely mundane armor. I mean, Jomon equips all their samurai with mundane armor strictly better than the stuff Rephaite kings get.

I don't play Ashdod, and I'm mentioning this because of Gath's Seren. Nobody ever buys them, and CBM has lowered their price, so clearly the problem is known. Except the only reason anyone would buy them over a Kohen Gadol is that they come equipped. The Anakite armor renders that moot, since it's so terrible that Serens still need replacement armor. They also really need a point of holy so they can self bless, then people might actually consider buying them.
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:36 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoul31 View Post
No, it's just you can't play them in no-brainer fashion like you want to anymore. As being able to get fatigue neutral SC giants from turn 1 is not a good gameplay feature in any way. Ashdod and their SC giants are just as good as always, it's just that now you are pretty much forced to forge at least some light gear for them before they can be sent to trash armies. And that is a bad change why exactly?

And in general, how about learning how to play the game properly before offering criticism. As you only ever play SC nations with EN blesses, and you are always useless at it. So you know nothing about the wider aspects of the game, and even the style of play you use religiously, you're completely hopeless at. So maybe it's good for you overall if you are forced into playing nations another way. As then there may actually be some hope of you realising how the game is really played, because right now you are clueless/

Oh wait I forgot, you only ever get beaten because people gang you, as your own poor play in every game is never the problem. How absent minded of me.
You can't forge gear for them when you get wiped out by turn 20.

And the rest of what you are saying is just personal attacks, so I'll just put you on my ignore list
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
Is that because of the 1 enc increase on their sacreds?

kthxbai

no you increased it by 2, one in an earlier mod, and one here.
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

It's true though; Anakite armor can definitely be dropped at least to 2 encumbrance without breaking anything. Might as well, no need to be vindictive against the poor bastards. And Zamzummites need at least part of their second (E/D only) random back, even if it's just 25 or 50%. That would give them some legitimate non-thug options, really. That change has always bugged me because it just drives people to play Ashdod more one-dimensionally.

As an alternate for Gath...if anyone could use a boost via obtaining a revenue, Seren are pretty high on the list. Their whole schtick is that they lead the Gittites in battle--so why not let them come with a few giants?
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:13 AM

Corporal

Shangrila00 is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, agree on the Zamzummites. Death battlemagic is heavily dependent on common D3s. With only 1/4 having D3, that completely changes their role, which is unthematic, as is completely eliminating the chance at D4. Surely, price hike, old age, making the second random 50% chance at D instead of 100% at E/D, or some combination would be better than giving Ashdod yet another recruitable thug that can't do anything except thug.
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel like Ashdod got overnerfed, too. The problem is twofold.

1. Ashdod was too strong and they beaten by the nerf-stick too hard
2. People STILL gang on up Ashdod or rush them, because they still feel like Ashdod can only be stopped early game. This is wrong, because in everyones mind ashdod is still as strong as ever, when it actually isnt.

Since we cant alter the consciousness of the community, at least parts of 1. (nerfstick) should be reversed.