.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 18th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Private

Nihil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Hello

I am from Madrid, Spain. I had never played Dominions but one day someone spoke about this game, Dominons3, in a strategy forum and I decided to give it a try...

The spanish dominions community, as far as I know, is quite small, probably due to the lack of news about this game in spanish media. But we are trying to change this. A game like this one can´t be missed.
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:59 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Welcome. We've got people from all over the world here, but we can always use more.
Old October 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM

Corporal

Aapeli is on a distinguished road

Well haudi folks here´s Aapeli from finland. Just found out about this forum and let me tell you all that Dominions is the best, and im not kidding here, computer game i have ever played. So big thanks for the makers of the game. Been trying for long to get my friends to play this game but they are not as exited about it as I am (wonder whats wrong whit them).
Old October 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Edi is on a distinguished road

Welcome! And so the ranks of the Finnish horde swell! Soon we'll have total Dominion over this forum.... *cackles evilly*

Take a look around and if the FAQ or the threads on the first couple of pages don't answer your questions, feel free to ask, somebody will jump in to help you in a flash.
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Welcome! Nice to see other Finns. Despite what Edi, the Master of the Database, says, our numbers are few. We have just managed to get into poewrful positions.
Old October 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Corporal

tromper is on a distinguished road

Taking a respite with regard to MP games due to recent time constraints, but am having fun reading of the travails and prevails anyway. This little community is special, so I give up:

Checking on in.

34 year old guy born and raised in Portland, OR USA (duh, eh). Was an accountant for a few years upon graduating with a BS in Finance. And yeah yeah yeah. Emphasis on BS. *belch*

Have been in a life partnership with the craziest alternative Afghan chemist of all time for a bit over a decade. She routinely punches me, screams, blames me for losing her keys, and hints at wanting to have kids.

I have two copies of The Village of Hommlet. I like Weird Al Yankovic. Have published two science fiction novels under a pseudonym. Smoke. Have not pets. Am routinely accused of being an alternative looking frat dude. And when that happens I get drunk, fall down the stairs, stand up, and forget what the accuser had said.

I also specialize in getting reamed in Dominions 3 MP, but doing so in a stylish, dapper fashion that involves me staring at the fruit basket on the top of that one Pretender's head. Which is a lot better than being a moron and playing an FPS.

WHICH I'M POSITIVE NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER DONE BECAUSE WE'RE SMART. Right? We're smart. *spilling zinfandel*
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Corporal

HJFudge is on a distinguished road

Hello, my name is Howard and Im a 24 year old American from Florida. I work part time at a movie theatre (just cause, hey, free movies) and most of my income comes from Tutoring mentally handicap individuals in various Basic Life Activities.

Anyway, thats boring stuff. I love strategic gaming even if Im not so good at it. I saw reviews for this game back in march sometime, looked around in my local game store to see if they had it, then realized I'd have to order it online. I hate ordering things online so I forgot all about it.

Recently got a little email from Stardock offering me 20% off and since I really wanted to play this game I decided I might as well order it. Ordered it Saturday, got an email it shipped this morning...so hopefully it will be here by saturday if not earlier. ERG WAITING SUCKS! Oh well.

Anyway, hope to soon be able to play with you all in MP or at least desperately seek advice on the forums for my ineptness
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

I am Mr. Hart, also known as Don Corazon. Age 34, I live in San Francisco, and work at a venture capital firm that invests in health care companies. I have to work a lot unfortunately but hopefully one day that will not be the case.

Anyway, I had messed around with the Dom II demo but was not until I got the Stardock coupon that I took the plunge with Dom III. So I am really loving the game - I plunged into several MP games and having a great time and hope to be part of the community for a long time.

See you in the game! Cheers.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old October 26th, 2007, 05:05 AM

Private

RobO is on a distinguished road

I also got seduced by the Stardock rebate offer

Seriously, I hadn't heard of the game before I received that promo email, tried the demo and discovered that it was my kind of game. Turn based, lots of varity, strategy and tactics, elements of roleplaying. I'm a veteran of games like Stars!, Space Empires, Heroes of Might and Magic. So I ordered the full game.

Meanwhile I'll play the demo. This is one of the few games that have a demo that can keep you occupied for a while (Railroad Tycoon 2+3 also comes to mind).

I'm 52, live in Denmark and work as a consultant helping companies improve their software development processes.
Old October 26th, 2007, 06:52 AM

Private

Wolftrap is on a distinguished road

Hello, all! I'm a 42 year-old university professor and I have been a gamer all my life. I enjoy FPS, RPG, and MMORPG games, and I'm coming to this type of a game for the first time. I'm not very proficient or successful at strategy games, but the recommendations of my colleagues led me to give this a try. My colleagues are always pushing me to join in their Dominion 3 multiplayer games, and I finally gave in.

Wow...there's so much to learn!