This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Conquest of Elysium II

Old February 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Admin AAR Enchanter & Burgmeister alliance

This is the chronicle of Big Bizz the Enchanter in my rise to power. Who knows, after I conquer this continent then I might declare myself a god and move on to take over all other dominions.

The settings for this game are Huge map (60x44 tiles) and Agricultural age (less monsters, more farms and villages). It has Clustered Starts for allies, and Common Cause for allies to be able to lose.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/settings.JPG

The participants are all random AIs in 2-nation teams. I will be allied with an AI player.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/participants.JPG

The AIs are set at Knight level since I have been playing this game non-stop for almost 6 months now I have managed to go up 2 whole steps of AI opponent IF I also have an AI ally.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/AI_levels.JPG
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post:
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: AAR Enchanter & Burgmeister alliance

Hello. I am Big Bizz the Enchanter. My father was Small Bizz the Enchanter. We have been Enchanters all the way back to Startup Bizz the Enchanter.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/BigBizz.JPG

We have special skills in creating animated monsters from natural sites. I can create a Necrotod from bones, or some Terracota Soldiers or a full Clay Golem from a swamp. I can turn a forest into a Wood Golem. However doing this tends to use up these resources. So yes, Big Bizz WILL eat up all of the resources to build his empire from. **** the druids and anyone else who gets in my way.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/BigBizzRituals.JPG

I have also been given an apprentice enchanter named "Mello". What kind of name is that for an enchanter? Mello.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/Mello.JPG

So far Mello can't make much. I think I might find a swamp to sit him in and have him make Terracotta Soldiers until the swamp is used up.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/MelloRituals.JPG
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I am not starting very powerfully. Me, my apprentice, 10 swordsmen and 3 crossbowmen. My greatest asset is my Crystal Tower. It provides me with maximum defense, maximum range of view, the ability to recruit common mercenaries, and even a small income of 2 gold a month.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/GameStart.JPG

I do also own a Coal Mine which provides 1 gold and 1 iron a month. But eventually that will get used in Mello's Ritual of Mastery (if he manages to prove himself to me).

Nearby is a Hamlet with 2 human guards. I will send Mello with a few troops to lay claim to it.

There is also an Iron Mine nearby (2gp/2iron per month) but it is claimed by 5 dwarfs. They fly no flag but they are good fighters. I may wait a bit. There are also some small farms farther out. But I see wildlife roaming. Particularly a group of 7 Boars. It would take all of my forces to ensure a win, and that would leave my sites unguarded. I will just sit here for how building up funds. I see enough bones laying around to create a Necrotod if I can save enough gold for the process. I try to never pass up a chance to create a Necrotod.

Old February 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Surprise Surprise. Mello was successful in his first combat. We have now doubled our income. I had him return immediately to the Tower. I am still nervous about splitting my forces with the wildlife nearby Boars, Wolves, and now I see 3 Moose. Any of these could badly damage my forces if I am caught outside of the Tower.

Mello also made contact with a neighbor. A Burgmeister Lord named Folke. Such cute names for such cute little people. The move slow. And can do amazing things with farms. Also they are scrappy little fighters. Even on par with the dwarfs. Better than my troops.

I have made an alliance with Folke. His people can turn a single farm into a much more productive "shire". They have some use for gold and iron but do not care much about other resources. This could work out well. While I am trying to build up some offensive ability I will let them clear the local area of dangers.

Old February 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

AARRRGGGHHHH!
Johan has just posted a new version! With some GREAT new features that I want to try.
I love his drive to keep updating his games but sometimes AARRGGHH

Well the game with all the music and everything in it has gotten to be a long download. And I do have 3 machines to install it on. I will continue this for a bit longer while I update all my copies
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well after sitting for a couple of months I have saved up enough gold to convert the bones I found into a Necrotod.
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/necrotod.JPG
These are VERY useful in building my army. I want as many as I can get. As long as I can keep them in the middle rank they will continually try to hypnotize an enemy converting them over to my side. I just have to make sure I keep soldiers, or golems, in front of them or then they just bite. I would love to have a dozen of them converting enemy to my troops in every battle.
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

My ally has gained a Horologist. An interesting little tinkerer after my own heart. He creates metal monsters. BUT he demands access to the gems he can collect from various types of mines. I can see a conflict of interest coming.
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well I have gradually been expanding my army. Stopping at swamps to sculpt Terracotta Soldiers. And every place I have a fight I check to see if there are enough bones to make another Necrotod. I now have 3.

I am eyeing a nearby Coal Mine. Not so much because I need another coal mine but because it is claimed by a troll and some goblins. I would REALLY like to give the Necrotods a chance to convert that troll to my side.
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Well after sitting for a couple of months I have saved up enough gold to convert the bones I found into a Necrotod.

When you say "bones", you mean corpse in the same square like the one that the necromancer can raise ?

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/CoE3/AAR3/necrotod.JPG
These are VERY useful in building my army. I want as many as I can get. As long as I can keep them in the middle rank they will continually try to hypnotize an enemy converting them over to my side. I just have to make sure I keep soldiers, or golems, in front of them or then they just bite. I would love to have a dozen of them converting enemy to my troops in every battle.
Ho, I like this type of ability.

Can the hypnotize effect capture commanders/mages too ?
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

My ally has now added something called a Horticulturist to his empire! Basically that is a really short druid! Luckily he does NOT lay claim to forests. He gathers special herbs from their shires. But he does lay claim to the Ancient Forests that we sometimes stumble upon. Those make particularly fine golems called Oak Golems.

I believe that I must now save up enough gold to create one of my special magical Portals inside my Crystal Tower. Then I can travel far afield. If I get too far I can create another portal allowing instant travel to and from my tower. In this way I can travel to discover someone I can consider an enemy. There I can rape the resources as an effective war tactic. Turning mines, forests, swamps into golems. I would concentrate on converting whatever resource my enemy most desired.

In that way I can leave the local resources to my little ally. Since he seems determined to discover uses for more and more of what I had thought I would be free to use. Oh well, if I make my portal and go far afield then he will quite efficiently guard the home area. If I run into trouble I can just portal home to build up and go forth again.