.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

Old May 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM

Private

nicklemarr is on a distinguished road
Confused I've got a technical problem.

All of a sudden, WW doesn't like to work correctly on ANY of my rigs.

When I start WW on my main rig, I have graphics problems with the cursor. It appears to be a small square that looks like nebulae.

1920x1080, 60Hz, full-screen.
GTX 580 with the latest drivers.

I do notice that whenever I launch the game in full-screen, the screen turns black, then WW apparently minimizes to the taskbar. I ATL+Tab back in, to see the 4 mouse graphics stretched over the entire screen for approximately 2 seconds, then it loads normally till I get to the menu, then the cursor is glitched.

I have played WW for over 100 hours on this machine and I took a small break because of work, come back and bam.

On to the less important things. None of my laptops will play WW anymore. They all have the most current drivers, (I've also tried older drivers). They all support OpenGL up to 3.

I start WW and it's just a black screen but the sound is playing. I have reset my graphics settings many times and fiddled with every setting.

Now, before you all say it's my installation. Let me say this, I have WW on the original disk, not a digital version. I patched to 1.22, and on a vanilla install, these problems exist, which lead my to believe it's my settings, but I have even tried it on a test machine with a new install of Windows 7.

Anyone shed some light on my problems?
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I've got a technical problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklemarr View Post
but I have even tried it on a test machine with a new install of Windows 7.
I'm not sure if anyone has tried it on Win7 so it may not work with it. Since it was working before on your box and now it's not, have you tried rolling back any drivers you installed during the break?
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Private

Default Re: I've got a technical problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.R. Krol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklemarr View Post
but I have even tried it on a test machine with a new install of Windows 7.
I'm not sure if anyone has tried it on Win7 so it may not work with it. Since it was working before on your box and now it's not, have you tried rolling back any drivers you installed during the break?
All my machines have been running Windows 7 since late 2009. WW has no problems running on Windows 7.

Yes, I have tried about 20 different drivers on my main desktop. I highly doubt it a driver issue.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:14 PM

Private

Confused Re: I've got a technical problem.

I've taken care of the issue with the mouse on my desktop. Now it's just the laptop issues I need to take care of.

One laptop is a Google (Inventec) CR-48.
The other two are Thinkpads.

All three show the same black screen, that is what led me to believe it was an installation problem, but now after so much digging and reviewing, I think that maybe all three are having issues with OpenGL creation. I just don't really know. I will dig more, if anyone can help, let me know. =[