.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old December 26th, 2014, 12:07 PM

Corporal

KAreil is on a distinguished road
Default Austrian airborne infantry as "Emergency Brake"

Hi @ all and merry christmas!

I made a short scenario about Austrian airborne infantry delaying an enemy armor thrust.

It started out as small testing scenario for this new units, but was fun to play so I hope you'll enjoy it as well.

It is built around the new Austrian paratroops from my modified OOB, so probably you'll need this OBAT-file as well:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...634#post827634

I'm glad for any input as this is my first shot at scenario design!

Quote:
Emergency Brake*
Date: June 17, 2015*
Battle Location: Hohendorf, Austria*
Battle Type: Austrian delay vs Red advance*
Design by: KAreil*
Scenario description: Fictional Scenario.*
Training excercise "Emergency Brake" of JgB 25*
Today morning armored forces from Redland have crossed the border and are moving towards the vital industrial areas in Upper Austria. Austrian forces need more time to get ready to meet this armored thrust. The Red forces are using one of the few main roadways through the mountains and will reach open country in late evening.*
The airmobile JaegerBataillon 25 / 7. Jaegerbrigade is tasked with delaying the enemy thrust in Hohendorf, the last town before open country.*
Note: The few available Austrian helicopters are a strategic asset which must be preserved, exiting them of the map after delivering the troops is strongly recommended.*
Note: If played against the AI, the human player should play the Austrian side.*
v1.00*
Attached Files
File Type: zip spscn363_EmergencyBrake_v1.00.zip (58.3 KB, 161 views)
Old December 28th, 2014, 04:49 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Potion Re: Austrian airborne infantry as "Emergency Brake"

I'm moving my comments on this scenario, Emergency Brake from, the TO&E Forum.

I opened the scenario in the Editor, but let me digress, I have found using the scenario naming convention of slot#, scenario title to be accepted practice. Okay, with that said, after I checked the Austrian side, I made a few changes from the Editor as I mentioned in the TO&E forum:

Here, you can see the results using the default Austrian OOB.

Okay, now using the R key in the Editor, I can swap out the error unit for unit in the default OOB, in this instance I choose a Rifle Section with the same weapons loadout. Then using the D key I changed the unit name and the M2 Carl Gustav ammo loadout to 3 He and 3 AP as the designer specified. Afterwards, I could simply clone the unit.

But, after looking at the Red side, I saw something strange that I do not like and that should be corrected. I saw the first unit was not A0, but B0 as the Battle Group HQ.

So, I popped over to Scenhack to confirm:

Note the Red units are sandwiched between Austrian units. This should be avoided,unfortunately, since the B0 unit is listed as the Battle Group HQ and not A0, there is nothing to be done but to start over from, completely.

Here follows one more view:

Now,it is fully confirmed and following advice from others with more seniority I am confident the scenario should be re-built from Purchase screen for both sides.

It is important to know the forces of each side before making a purchase, or at least know with certainty the force structure of the first side so that your unit list for both sides is continuous.

Oh, yes, the naming convention of scenarios, example: 965 Emergency Brake is accepted practice.

More to come on the Red OPFOR structure, well since I am here now, my reading is that the Russian Tank company is now organized into 10 tanks since around 2008 or 2009 the change was made from 3 tank to 4 tank platoon, 2 platoons with 2 tank HQs for a 10 tank company. This Red force appears as a Motorized Rifle Company with tank support, yet the BG Hq is led by a tank. A combined arms structure would have a tank platoon (4 tanks) supporting a a motorized rifle company.
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:01 AM

Corporal

KAreil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Austrian airborne infantry as "Emergency Brake"

Thanks for your time and information.

I noticed the mess-up with the Red units, but I couldn't figure out why it happened and how to resolve it...looks like I've got start from scratch again.

I will remember to buy all the forces before!
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The learning curve is always steep the first time building a scenario
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:44 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

And gets steeper when you have the basics down and try to get creative

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein