This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old June 7th, 2009, 10:48 PM

Private

Wartwo is on a distinguished road
Default December 7th - A Day of Confusion?

Hi Everyone,

My opponent and I are new to WPP and have started our first PBEM. I am playing Japan and sent my strike force to attack Pearl. My forces engaged the two cruiser out at sea, but did not attack the port and withdrew.

I think I set my "aggressiveness level" wrong. So two questions.

1. Can you tell from the reply what the aggressiveness levels are?

2. I believe (but honestly can't remember) I left the level at "Hawaii" to "normally", should I set it to "at all cost" for the Pearl Harbor Raid? (Saved file is attached, it should be the turn 1 reply, I also have the other game files if requested)

Any help is appreciated, I have read the manual but I may be missing the obvious. Admiral Yamamoto is not to happy with me at the moment

Good Luck,
Wartwo
Attached Files
File Type: zip WPP PBEM Standard Cam -02.zip (189.6 KB, 765 views)
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Private

Charleston is on a distinguished road
Default Re: December 7th - A Day of Confusion?

Hi Wartwo,

I believe this was a bug. By my count you destroyed the same four allied fighters three times!!

The event of note in your PBEM is that your planes targeted the cruisers. In five single player trials the Imperial planes targeted Pearl and then in the next turn went after battleship row as usual.

I tried to replicate the bug in single player mode but couldn't. I got cute and tried to reinforce Pearl with more aircraft before the Japanese strike but only got the same 4 fighters flying cap--all of which were quickly killed and stayed dead. I tried calling in aircraft reinforcements while leaving the Enterprise and the separate task force of 2 cruisers patrolling but still got my butt kicked.

I don't think your opponent was intentionally trying an exploit. His cruisers were disengaging as appropriate. Can you find out what his aggressiveness settings were?

I've found the aggressiveness settings a bit touchy in my games, but I think the problem was with your opponent's zombie fighters coming back from the dead! (I'll leave further comments to the game's developer)

Best, -Charleston

p.s., I'm looking for more PBEM opponents, let me know if you're interested.

Last edited by Charleston; June 9th, 2009 at 02:36 PM..
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM

Colonel

Strider is on a distinguished road

1. That's a good 'wish' for the next patch. Currently, I don't know of any way to check the aggressive setting later on.

2. The aggressive setting always reverts back to normal at the end of each turn. This is 'intended' by the developer, so that players don't have to go looking at each island to figure out their setting.

To clarify, are you saying your Pearl Harbor raid did not attack any of the battleships in port? I've never seen or heard of this happening.
As far as repeating attacks, this is a bug. I've had it happen once. I think it took something like 5 phases for the game to continue on, tho it wasn't Pearl Harbor...
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:34 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
To clarify, are you saying your Pearl Harbor raid did not attack any of the battleships in port? I've never seen or heard of this happening.
Aye Strider, take a look at the file, I might have missed somthing. He blows the hell out of the cruisers then goes on to battle zombie figthers that raise from the dead for another two combat phases. There's no change of scenes to battleship row.

Best, -Charleston
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:24 PM

Private

Wartwo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the responses. I did not want to call it a bug and I did not catch ships being sunk multiple times or the ghost fighters because I am still learning.

Unless I missed it or do not understand I did not see any of the ships in Pearl (port) under attack. I checked the Battleships in Hawaii and they were all there in the following turn. In the replay only the cruisers out to sea were attacked. I did not see a port attack battle. In a nutshell there was no attack on Pearl from what I can tell.

I wasn't too sure about setting the aggressiveness levels on the first turn. I guess I expected somewhat historical results. I was hoping for a way to check them after the replay, to gauge results if you will. Writing them down for now will have to suffice.

I am not sure what levels my opponent set. I am assuming they were normal since the Allied response is limited on turn one and we are new players. Really just guessing.

Again Guys, appreciate the responses. It does help to explain what happen. Might just be a matter for the developers so it would seem.

I am up for a game Charleston, as long I I can attack Pearl Harbor Drop me an email.

Good Luck Wartwo
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:47 AM

Private

Hi Wartwo,

I lean towards labelling the results a bug. I've never seen that happen before in PBEM or single person games. Battleship row always gets trashed in various degrees. I'd ask your opponent for a replay (not that those aging BB's are really any good).

I sent you out a PM with a game invite, looking forward to your reponse.

Best, -Charleston