Colonel

Master Belisarius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI DEATH MATCH 2

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersol:
quote:
Originally posted by Master Belisarius:
Thanks Cybersol!

I was running some games with your map. Really liked your job... it's more balanced than the map that I did. Would liked to have this map to run the contest!
But thanks anyway, because will use it in my game test...

PS: the "colony bug" still happen to the races that start in the upper side...
I'm glad you like it. I was inspired by the Death Matches, SE4Batch, and your Version of the map. So it would not exist without you. You can use it for the next Death Match if your computer ever recovers from this one

I uploaded it right when I finished it and I'm running SE4Batch on an OLD machine, so I've only done 4 games on it my self. 2 on each side for the Sallega vs. Gron. The Sallega definitely tend to experience the colony bug when on the upper side. But the Gron do not really.

Only two trends I noticed. One was that the Sallega use LR Colony ships with no cargo storage and these tend to end up filled with all sorts of mines and fighters. The gron use much higher capacity colony ships and although they sometimes get some non-population cargo, they rarely get completely filled. Does the colony bug correspond with the amount of trash taking up space in a races colony ships? The other trend was that races like the Gron and United Flora that only use a very limited number of colony ships tend to have less severe effects from the bug. Has your vast experience with this bug told you anything?

Sorry for the delay... but right now I'm out of my country and will come back to my house (and computer!), the next week.
About my experience about the colony bug, really I don't know. The Gron have a different problem with the colony ships: they only can have 5 colony ships at the same time... it makes that if the AI built 5 Gas Colony ships, will not build more colonies if doesn't exist available planets to colonize. And because they doesn't send ships over minefields, usually they have problems because will not build more colony ships until lose a Gas planet (the example were Gas Colony ships!), or some of the Colony ships was destroyed.
All the Rexxx races have this problem, and I saw them work worst starting in the upper side (at least with the old map).

Really I'm not sure about the reason.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 01:36 AM

First Lieutenant

Stone Mill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI DEATH MATCH 2

Finally caught up with this thread... thanks again for a wonderful job M_B...

Congrats to the Flora, and Rollo.

I am hoping to use the Flora AI in the Invulnerable Challenge I am putting together on PBW.