.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 21st, 2009, 09:52 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stuck in Poland?

I got norway in 60 battles a few times, but its more probable in the 100 or 200 battles, but its weird to have your panzergrenadiers fighting into mountains, and forests, gerbisjaeger would be a better choice
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
I got norway in 60 battles a few times, but its more probable in the 100 or 200 battles, but its weird to have your panzergrenadiers fighting into mountains, and forests, gerbisjaeger would be a better choice
How about ski troops in the desert?
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not on this board to smart off Don, so I'll take your word for it.

All my other LC starts were the same, 2-3 9/39 battles in Poland before I quit.

I also stated "from what I recall" there were no Norwegian battles and I didn't elaborate on that point in the least
Trying to figure out just how you recalled there were no Norwegian battles when you never got out of Poland
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Quote:
How about ski troops in the desert?
Sounds Cool, i'll try them out when i get home
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Quote:

I also stated "from what I recall" there were no Norwegian battles and I didn't elaborate on that point in the least
Trying to figure out just how you recalled there were no Norwegian battles when you never got out of Poland
The more recent games, I never got out of Poland.
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:47 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How many battles have you played? it is a long campaign?how many battles?
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:03 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And I have just started a 40 battle German LC, 3 battles in Poland, 3 in France (2 French and 1 v Britain), 1 in Norway, and off to Africa now, and have a choice of Russia after 2 NA battles.

If you chose some really large battles number, you will have a large number of Polish and French battles, large number of NA battles etc etc. Time will pass really slowly per increment between battles if you chose a large number of battles, and you will skip through the war if you chose a smaller battle number.

Cheers
Andy
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Quote:

And I have just started a 40 battle German LC, 3 battles in Poland, 3 in France (2 French and 1 v Britain), 1 in Norway, and off to Africa now, and have a choice of Russia after 2 NA battles.

If you chose some really large battles number, you will have a large number of Polish and French battles, large number of NA battles etc etc. Time will pass really slowly per increment between battles if you chose a large number of battles, and you will skip through the war if you chose a smaller battle number.

Cheers
Andy
I'm just playing the basic 60 battles. I would reason it more likely I spend more than one battle a month if I chose a much higher starting battle number. The East Front battles alone amount to almost 4 years of battles (48). 60 battles are close to not even being enough if you're playing Poland, France, NAfrica, and the USSR.

So even with a depleted starting battle number, you have tallied 6 battles (1/6 to 1/7 of your total - not including Norway) in places where Germany spent only 3-4 months total fighting. That seems to argue with the conclusion I had in the beginning, basically that the game "CAN", at least, spend way too much time in what ended up being early minor theatres (at least France was possibly a major combatant).

I have yet to go further with my current campaign, and perhaps that 4th battle will be in France (hurrah!), but to spend 3 in 9/39, knowing there's also a 10/39 slot, isn't too encouraging. From what people have been saying, it sounds very unlikely I will spend 6 battles in Poland (though somebody said 10), and that higher battle numbers totals drive that up, but do keep in mind that any other SP type game I played, didn't spend more than 2 battles in Poland, much less three in the first month, and I was always playing with the idea of playing with what amounted to a battle per fighting month. WWII Germany, for example, fought for roughly 4 1/2 to 5 years of ground fighting, so 60 battles would about cover that, and it's convenient that the default works well for them, too.

If the campaign were results driven, as indeed some of the prior SP's were (be that good or bad), you would never see more than 2 battles spent in a place where you already had two decisive victories in a place where very little time was spent, but apparently the Poles in this game are much more ferocious, as my slaughtering them in two consequetive battles brought them "advancing" on me in the 3rd. In the scheme of following what the battle types you get, might indicate (other than a complete random factor) what the next one will be, that puts me in real trouble because after all of that Germans are the ones being attacked. Maybe 6 battles in Poland isn't so far fetched afterall.
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How many battles have you played? it is a long campaign?how many battles?
I have played winspww2 in only LC's so far. Always with the default amount (at least as far as Germany is concerned). I have played at least twice prior to this particular LC, and on both occasions I spent 2 battles in 9/39 Poland after 1-2 slaughter victories (every completed battle was a slaughter is what I'm trying to say. I may had given up out of boredom in the 2nd battle though, as I saw no sense in fighting in the same month in the same place forever. I certainly didn't go beyond the 3rd battle to find out what happened in the 4th). I cannot say if I bothered finishing that 2nd battle or not, but I'm guessing I did and then found out I was spending a 3rd battle in 9/39 Poland as well.
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

If you don't like Poland, then set the campaign start date to 5/40 and start in France, or maybe 3/41 for the desert.

Cheers
Andy