.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old January 12th, 2004, 11:41 AM

Major General

Norfleet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bug? getmaxhp: bad unr

I get the following error:

Nagot gick fel
unit -1
getmaxhp: bad unr

What does this mean, and how do fix this? Does this mean anything important, or is it just something I have to rip out with a hex editor to make the game continue?
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:34 AM

Brigadier General

Johan K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug? getmaxhp: bad unr

Try patching Dominions to Version 2.06. If the problem still remains send your game files to support@illwinter.com
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:38 PM

Major General

I applied the patch, but the existing game remains corrupted. I'll see if it happens again next time. What's the error message mean? Is it some kind of memory corruption?
Old January 13th, 2004, 11:12 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Norfleet:
I applied the patch, but the existing game remains corrupted. I'll see if it happens again next time. What's the error message mean? Is it some kind of memory corruption?
Nagot gick fel = something went wrong
unit -1 = unit number -1 (wich shouldn't exist)
getmaxhp: bad unr = calculate max hitpoints: the unit does not exist

To sum up: an nonexistent unit is bugging your game
Old January 13th, 2004, 11:16 PM

Major General

Ah. I thought it might be something like that. Does this tend to mean that the data structure that holds units is smashed? I noticed that my normally high unit production curve had flatlined several turns earlier in that game: Is this a sign that units are being written into garbage-land, or is this a normal behavior for Ashen Empire, and there's a unit cap in place to keep the exponential growth curve under control, and this is thus more or less unrelated?
Old January 13th, 2004, 11:43 PM

Brigadier General

Johan K is on a distinguished road

The game has a limit of about 32000 units. Ashen Empire is able to reach that limit if you play a long time.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:42 AM

Major General

I noticed that my army growth had flatlined after about 90 turns, at far less than 32000 units. Is there a unit maximum per side that is less than 32K, as seems to be the case, to prevent Ashen Empire from flooding the game with units so nobody else can make anything, or is the 32K max simply divided per side, so that games with fewer active sides have a higher maximum per side? If so, does eliminating a side free up more units?
Old March 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

mivayan is on a distinguished road

This is an old thread, but I got hit with the same error in a 1.08 game. Orania map (279 provinces). I am playing carrion woods pangea, with impossible ai ermor and the other 15 at normal ai. My plan was to not expand at all, just summon and research untill I can make some artifact-equipped supercombatants and kill huge armies from ermor.

Turn 125, I have slightly above 1000 units, ai ermor has at least 10 times more. The Last hostings have been slower and slower, and now when I try to host dominion crashes after 30 mins with the "nagot gick fel, unit -1, getmaxhp: bar unr" error. I tried a few times, same result.

The score graphs for ermors army size and research have been flat a few turns.

OS is windows xp. The only strange thing I have done is to rename the directory containing the game but it was a while ago so I doubt it matters.
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:05 PM

Private

AndonSage is on a distinguished road

After getting this error, I did a search and found this thread. My version of Dom2 is 2.16. Is there still a limit of 32k units in the game? I'm playing on the large Faerun map (400+ provinces) with 17 dominions. Ermor has more units than everyone else added together, but has been flat (on the graph) for a few turns. I'm not worried about his armies, as they are mostly cheap undead, and I'm playing Jotenheim, so I have giants, and I have winter wolves and wights to take out his ethereal units. Anyway, was this error supposed to be fixed? Or will I have to restart, and leave Ermor out of the game next time?
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Private

EonDarkStar is on a distinguished road

I've also been getting this error, I've been trying to find out what it was I needed to deal with to get around it, unlike many others I like to play long term, to find a balance where I can keep the game running so that I can continue to enjoy what was already developed. So far in this time around I am over 2,800 turns and I would prefer not having to start over and potentially having to face this again, I've tried drowning troops that seemed to be connected, I am playing Caelum and my enemy is Pangea and it seems that the problem was at one point sourced to Pangea, I tried finding a way to deal with it, I struck the city with many spells designed to damage troops without actually engaging them in combat as that caused the error. But now it is apparently present or always moves to a city under siege with no defense left, I can't move all of my troops out to avoid combat to try to work around it. While there are many troops around it doesn't seem to be the 32,000 troop limit.