.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old July 2nd, 2023, 11:44 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Scenario 37

The North Vietnamese had Aquaman.

Old July 3rd, 2023, 08:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Scenario 37

including the unit number would have been a BIG help. It is likely that unit has a swim speed but I need the unit number or better still--- a save game that shows it in the water

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 3rd, 2023 at 08:13 AM..
Old July 3rd, 2023, 10:07 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Scenario 37

There is something going on with that scenario that will require more investigation. I tried running it AI vs AI and it did run but normally if I press the enter key that will force the game to pause after the turn it is running but it would not obey the Enter key stop command and at one point I THINK I saw a USMC unit, not a boat out there but I could not stop the game to check so I will have to try again when I have time to watch it. This was a DOS era scenario converted to windows then 9 years ago revised so what's going on is anyone guess.

I had hoped the water was shallow which would explain why leg units were out there but that is not the case

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old July 3rd, 2023, 11:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I looked over the scenario in the editor and see no North Korean units spawning in the water.

I also looked at the North Korean OOB and see no Infantry/Crew units with a "swim" movement speed.

Then I checked with the map editor and the water is "deep".

The ONLY USMC units that spawn in the water are two (2) US Navy UDT (i.e. divers) that spawn in the SE area of the map near the Recon team.

FYI
USN UDT/SEALs and USMC Recon do have a water move speed.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old July 3rd, 2023, 03:58 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Indeed in the first turns a unit of seals appears in the water.
But towards the end of the game I saw a North Korean sniper heading into the middle of the sea. And then another appeared, which is the one in the photo.
The comment was anecdotal and funny. I didn't think it was a serious bug so I didn't save the game. But I can do the scenario again and if the same problem appears I take the precaution of saving it. And I will take the same precaution with any scenario where something strange appears. Thank you!!

PS: I'll try the scenario again because I had 90 kills. Let's see if I can minimize them to 17 like in the true story.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roman For This Useful Post:
Old July 3rd, 2023, 05:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The game should not be doing that and I saw something similar but did not get the chance to investigate. It may be the entire scenario needs to be rebuilt as it was originally designed a few years before we made some major changes to the code

Old July 3rd, 2023, 05:53 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
It may be the entire scenario needs to be rebuilt as it was originally designed a few years before we made some major changes to the code
Want me to take a look?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old July 3rd, 2023, 07:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Quote:
It may be the entire scenario needs to be rebuilt as it was originally designed a few years before we made some major changes to the code
Want me to take a look?
If you have the time and inclination then by all means....have a look. I forget why it was "rebuilt" 9 years ago but there must have been another issue like this that was serious enough for it to be marked "Revised".

Its an early one by Ulf......maybe he has some ideas about this little mystery

Last edited by DRG; July 3rd, 2023 at 07:36 PM..
Old July 3rd, 2023, 11:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Its an early one by Ulf......maybe he has some ideas about this little mystery
I'll send him a note.

My #1 concern is it may ... may ... have something to do with the map itself as I assume (note assume) that was translated (somehow) as well not created new using the WinSPMBT map creator/editor. If this is the case ... ???????

Old July 4th, 2023, 01:06 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is something going on with that scenario that will require more investigation. I tried running it AI vs AI and it did run but normally if I press the enter key that will force the game to pause after the turn it is running but it would not obey the Enter key stop command and at one point I THINK I saw a USMC unit, not a boat out there but I could not stop the game to check so I will have to try again when I have time to watch it. This was a DOS era scenario converted to windows then 9 years ago revised so what's going on is anyone guess.

I had hoped the water was shallow which would explain why leg units were out there but that is not the case
It's the space bar that is the "break in" key for AI v AI games, IIRC since the new fix that allows the U for smoke off and so on in the latest release.

The paragraph that starts:
Quote:
Here are new special hotkeys that allow adjustments while the AI turn is active
In the release history section for V17 (and likely for the latest WW2 as well) doesen't mention the hotkey for AI v AI play, but AFAIR it was the space key to break into those games now.

Edit - I just tried a random AI v AI battle and the space bar allowed breaking into the game.

Last edited by Mobhack; July 4th, 2023 at 01:14 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: