.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1st Cav Div. campaign problem...

Sometime this weekend I will build a new installer for this and post it to this thread. The OOB that was issued with this campaign adds units that were included in the previous release of WinSPMBT so you will not be missing anything by using the V3 OOB's but you WILL have problems with PBEM ( one example )if you install this campaign from the link I provided earlier UNLESS you restore the default OOB's after installing it ( or, simply copy Obat012.obf from the Default OOB's folder into the OOB's folder if you prefer )

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:00 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

No problem Don, it´s not a big deal since the simple procedure of restoring the default OOBs solves the issue.

Regards
Robert
Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Thanks make this clear Don. Now I got my units to the shore... Only 2 MG's were not able to load into Howercrafts (all those were "full") but rest of troops were able to transport there. No big thing anyway. Now I'm in 3rd battle so let's see how it goes...
Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

A revised installer for this campaign has been posted <<<CLICK HERE>>> . If you run this new installer you DO NOT have to restore your default OOB's after installation.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 4th, 2007, 02:27 AM

Corporal

markgame is on a distinguished road

Don, thanks for the fix to the LZ X-ray problem!

I still have the problem I mentioned earlier, "Selecting item 006, 'B Company, 11th MEU' takes me directly to the purchase screen, there is no introductory text screen."

Is this just a problem with the one screen and can be ignored for the purposes of playing the campaign?
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
markgame said:
Don, thanks for the fix to the LZ X-ray problem!

I still have the problem I mentioned earlier, "Selecting item 006, 'B Company, 11th MEU' takes me directly to the purchase screen, there is no introductory text screen."

Is this just a problem with the one screen and can be ignored for the purposes of playing the campaign?
Quote:
markgame said:
Selecting item 006, "B Company, 11th MEU" takes me directly to the purchase screen, there is no introductory text screen.
I'll contact Mike about this. I do not have any text files for that campaign on my HD

Don

Old February 4th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK < I think I see the problem but it will be this afternoon before I can confirm it

Don

Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM

BANNED USER

raygun is on a distinguished road

So is this campaign compatible with v5.0? Or will some version of the OOB be required?

One curious issue seems to be that ALL of the units have radios. Would that be normal?
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM

BANNED USER

As nearest as I can tell it appears that the campaign is fully functional with v5.0 obat012.obt I took a survey of all the units in the HQ menu and it appears that ALL airmobile units are issued radios (as do all heavy weapons sections). However, while some MMG sections have radio most do not.

It appears those are the facts: airmobile units of the period were issued radios (as are some MMG sectoins - and ALL heavy weapons section) Whether they retain their radios, or not, is an entirely different story and probably is predicated to some degree on their experience and morale statistic. Moreover, a unit that lost its radio may find one lying around and pick up a radio that it had previously dropped (or dropped by some other unit), if said unit enters a hex where the radio was dropped? I'm guessing that'd be dependent on both experience and morale, i.e., suppression at the time of finding the radio, eh?

Dunno if any of that is historically accurate, or is reflective of the contemporary v5 obat012.obt (doesn't seem to make a difference in any case which obat I use: the issuing of radios to the units as described above remains the same).
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:44 AM

BANNED USER

I looked into this and apparently its totally historically accurate; at squad level, units were issued AN/PRC-6; at platoon level the AN/PRC-25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/PRC-6

http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.d...cle_prc25.html