This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 7th, 2021, 01:51 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...ially-retired/

Seems the F-18 has made its final flight with the US Navy/Marines as of the 25 of Feb 2021.
Doubtful.

Last I heard the US Navy planned to keep it's F/A-18Es and Fs for their Air Superiority role. Something the F-35 isn't terribly well suited for. Contrary to what many idiots claim the F-35 was never intended or designed as an air superiority platform.

The USMC does plan to get rid of it's F-18s as they expect the US Navy (and possibly USAF) to handle air superiority. Their aircraft are ground support assets.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old March 7th, 2021, 02:31 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

That is the plan. The USN has and will be receiving "new build" F/A-18E/F HORNETS for the air superiority role as my Marine "buddy" has pointed out.

As it currently stands, VMFA-533 Beaufort, S.C. is planned to be the first USMC air unit to reach FOC with their F-35B jets in the last quarter of FY 2025 (JUL-SEP 2025) providing there's no "hiccups" for any one.

And that's straight from the USMC.

So here's a recent "hiccup" for all three services...

"February 17/21: Engine Shortage F-35 fighter plane engines are in short supply external link, with the solution months away, causing the Defense Department to reduce its schedule of exhibition flights and to start planning for a shortage as soon as 2022. The Defense Department’s F-35 office has advised that about five to six percent of the US. F-35 fleet could be without useable engines by 2022, and up to 20 percent of the plane’s fleet could be sidelined by 2025. According to Defense News external link, the F-35 Heavy Maintenance Center, located at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma, has been unable to process engines for repairs and maintenance, and catching up will take months."
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...m-edit-037947/

I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old March 7th, 2021, 10:56 AM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

So do the dates change for the plane in the USMC OOB or not?
Old March 7th, 2021, 03:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

No. They are assumed to be USN assents supporting USMC

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 7th, 2021, 03:43 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
No. They are assumed to be USN assents supporting USMC
If you look a the USMC OOB you'll see some helos and aircraft have an "*" as part of the unit name. These are USN assets.

Example:
Unit# 106 SH-2DSeasprite*

As to the F/A-18
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ade-of-service

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 7th, 2021, 05:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The blue part of the navy assisting the green part of the navy....

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 7th, 2021, 07:02 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road

Suggestion: We are constantly hearing what this or that organisation is GOING to do. Let us wait until they actually DO it.

troopie
Old March 7th, 2021, 11:53 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

If referring to the F/A-18E/F that's already and has been ongoing.

If referring to the F-35 series, than yes that's currently "premature" but in the game. So now what do we do? That's not my final decision, all I can do is point it out.

It's not limited to this topic, as Don pointed when I found issue with the LEOPARD 2A5 (German OOB.) I believe he indicated that error (They got them to soon in in the OOB, as compared to RL. Fixed for the next patch.) was in there for a very longtime.

Again I've found legacy issues, prototypes (AJAX/F-35) and programs go by the wayside (SADF BADGER which now I don't even see actually being produced now before 2025 due to industry incompetence and corruption.

Some of the above was due to our lack of oversight or at the time all the sources we had pretty much indicated said piece of equipment "was on the way" or written "that it's there."

It took me a couple of years to learn I needed to "deep read" my information and learn to speck "industry" language as they "tout" every step in the process as a victory to getting said piece of equipment into the field.

This has lead to so much rework in the OOB's, it's getting to the point of becoming ridiculous if not just plain frustrating.

All we can do is fix the issues as we find them. Anything less leaves us with a game not as good as it could be or should be for ALL the hard work that's been done by Andy, Don and everyone else that's contributed to the game.

I would last see the following alive during the 25th Anniversary of the commissioning of the USS NEBRASKA SSBN-739 Reunion 3 years ago, knowing that CINCLANTHOME and I saved the Reunion and made it happen, CAPT. Will Porter USN/SS Ret. (My last CO on there.) told us "I'm glad to see after all these years since you transferred off the boat, that somethings haven't changed, you're still the conscious of the crew and the boat."

We miss him.

And yes, "somethings haven't changed" and there's only one way it will.

You have your name and your character anything else is "fleeting" and will not stand the test of time.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old March 8th, 2021, 01:20 AM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
Suggestion: We are constantly hearing what this or that organisation is GOING to do. Let us wait until they actually DO it.

troopie
Part of the problem has always been WinSMPBTs end date is in the future.

So we're constantly looking at what's planned then later what's actually implemented.

Old March 8th, 2021, 08:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post

It's not limited to this topic, as Don pointed when I found issue with the LEOPARD 2A5 (German OOB.) I believe he indicated that error (They got them to soon in in the OOB, as compared to RL. Fixed for the next patch.) was in there for a very longtime.
IDK if they are or not. I sent you the current OOB to use as a guide for any changes and I have not had any feedback.