.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dom3 DB Version 3.15

Aezeal may have inadvertently got the ball rolling here with an attempt to be funny, which I can certainly relate to, but he did not pull the trigger and as he pointed out, he had the good sense not to poke further, unlike paparapa whose 14th career post in 2 years was a doozy. Nice work dude.

Anyway, when you are the beneficiary of something it is smart to be delicate about it. Whether someone's reaction seems unusually harsh to you doesn't really matter. It was clear Edi was bothered by the sense of entitlement that had become something of a bogbeast kind of joke around here and he decided to draw the line. That was when the investor in me figured it was time to download any Edi work product because you know there is always some punk that wants to make a name for himself, and in this case it was paparapa.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:44 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

Ok let's just leave it at this, I still disagree with max and about all his courtesy and appropriate commments I have quite a lot to say but it's not really going anywhere really. Edi had a bad day and what happened happened. Let's forget it and not dwell on anyones bad day, bad comments or whatever anymore.

Maybe it's even best to close the thread since we can't really expect much on-topic (on original topic that is) posts anyway. More posts can only get more reactions that serve no real purpose.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Major

Micah is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm saddened to see such an invaluable resource to the Dom community be ganked by some forum noob being an idiot.

Thanks for all the work you've put in Edi. Just wanted to say that instead of staying part of the *silent* majority.
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM

Private

paparapapa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edi said:
I said I was not kidding and that there will be no further warnings. I don't make empty threats regarding documents I've produced myself. The previous post was not an empty threat and it was not a bluff. It was a promise.
  • The Dom3 FAQ is gone.
  • The UOR Mod manual is gone. The version I had ready for v3.17 with all the fixes for the will not be released.
  • The forum attachment of Better Independents mod is gone.
  • As soon as I get home, all of my Dominions 3 maps will be gone, likewise all copies of Dom3 DB 3.15 and earlier that I have delete access to.
  • The download version of Better Independents mod will be deleted.
The bug shortlist will be updated as normal and I will be around to maintain that.

The rest of the stuff is not coming back anytime soon, if at all. You can all thank Aezeal and paparapapa for that.
oh no now i'll never get to enjoy [censored] i never used provided by someone with a bigger entitlement complex than the people he's complaining about

good job being more childish than the people asking simple questions (or worse, making jokes! ). your posts and actions in this thread reflect far worse about you than any comment i or anybody else could hope to make. frankly it's ultimately a good thing if someone who puts out stuff to monopolize and threaten people with like you moves on to other things
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Allright, thats enough of this. This thread is being locked and going on a cooldown period.

If Edi wants to resurrect it, he can do it later.
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road

While I believe this got way too out of hand unneccessarily, paparapapa, your comment is a little out of line and does nothing to help the situation. Edi has contributed things to the community of his own free will using his own time. He is not monopolizing anything. If you think you can do better, by all means post your stuff too. No one is squelching community content here and to imply so is not only insulting but just plain ignorant of our company and what it stands for.

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Dedas is on a distinguished road

Edi, I didn't read the whole thread, just saw your post about "last warning" and thought it was all fun and games. I'm real sorry that I made you angry, it wasn't my intention at all.

Please accept my sincerest apology.
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:11 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

It's okay, Dedas. I know you meant well, you've always been a good guy on the forums. So don't worry about it. You are not to blame for this.

As far as the content, the FAQ is back up. Permanently. I realized the importance of the FAQ to the community as a whole and to new people in particular and talked to Mindi about it. She was rather adamant that it be put back. In fact, she might have some well-tanned dragonhide to sell to interested parties on that score.

Finally, I owe Aezeal a public apology for my overreaction. It seems our senses of humor do not mesh very well on certain occasions, but I do acknowledge that he was sincere and joking.

The rest of the documentation I've made, Dom3 DB, the BI mod, the UOR Mod Manual, well, we shall see in a bit. I'm not putting the v3.15 stuff back up in any case, as it's all outdated.
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Sergeant

hunt11 is on a distinguished road

post deleted
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:35 PM

Major

Micah is on a distinguished road

Hunt: I don't believe this line of inquiry is going to be productive. Can we please just drop the issue?
Closed Thread