Notices

Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:27 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBT version 7.0 Upgrade patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Thanks ! Still waiting to hear from the jarheads... that's the oob that had a lot of re-organization and major picklist changes.

Don
Still looking the revised OOB in detail (haven't gotten to the formations yet) but it looks VERY good.

Of course I may be a tad biased because it seems a goodly number of the unit changes were taken from my revised USMC OOB

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:01 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Well I know I'm about to have a couple of moments here but obviously my is winning this battle of the patch download. So go ahead and have a or two heck just enjoy yourselves and let it all out while someone, anyone it into me and gets me going down the "right path" since after a full day of this all I'm doing is : and feeling like I want to .

A) Running XP SP3 so this should be easier for me then for a Win 7 or 8 user. I get that. Have CD v1 games for both originally. WinSPMBT is-has been running w/Ver 6.0. WinSPWW2 is running with Ver. 1 (Had to reload it a couple of years ago and have not re-patched it.) both run with NO ISSUES.

1. Download from the site.
2. Have done both opened and saved the file.
3. Have extracted the files.
4. Run it.
5. Installed it to the "default path" shown C:\SHRAPNELGAMES\THE CAMO WORKSHOP\WinSPMBT.
6. Files are installing/installed successfully. However I noticed it didn't extract any old files for either game. Is that an issue?
7. Checked game(s) and Patch 7.0 is not on WinSPMBT and likewise for WinSPWW2 in regards to the Consolidation Patch. I did find the Consolidation Patch for WinSPWW2 in my program file listed separately once using the ADD/REMOVE function otherwise I don't have a clue where they're going when it says the installation is complete.
8. Cleared the "slate" of the 7.0/Consolidation patches.
9. Haven't had an issue in the past, obviously since I'm feeling I need to do this. I'm sure I missed something basic just not sure what .

And you wonder why I only deal with equipment here, look no further!?! I really need to get some sleep. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pat
Hmm - It sounds to me that you installed the patch to the newly recommended path. But your original game is still in the old place.

Therefore naturally you wont have any of the old original files, as you did not install (or simply move) the game itself to the new folder. The patch goes on top of an existing game image, remember!.

Since you are on XP - simply point the patch installer to where your original game resides and install it there. You don't have to install outside program files since you have XP, the last sane Microshaft operating system.

Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old April 12th, 2013, 08:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well I know I'm about to have a couple of :doh: moments here but obviously my :pc: is winning this battle of the patch download. So go ahead and have a :laugh: or two heck just enjoy yourselves and let it all out :lol while someone, anyone :hammer: it into me and gets me going down the "right path" since after a full day of this :censor: all I'm doing is :banghead: and feeling like I want to :yield:.

A) Running XP SP3 so this should be easier for me then for a Win 7 or 8 user. I get that. Have CD v1 games for both originally. WinSPMBT is-has been running w/Ver 6.0. WinSPWW2 is running with Ver. 1 (Had to reload it a couple of years ago and have not re-patched it.) both run with NO ISSUES.

1. Download from the site.
2. Have done both opened and saved the file.
3. Have extracted the files.
4. Run it.
5. Installed it to the "default path" shown C:\SHRAPNELGAMES\THE CAMO WORKSHOP\WinSPMBT.
6. Files are installing/installed successfully. However I noticed it didn't extract any old files for either game. Is that an issue?
7. Checked game(s) and Patch 7.0 is not on WinSPMBT and likewise for WinSPWW2 in regards to the Consolidation Patch. I did find the Consolidation Patch for WinSPWW2 in my program file listed separately once using the ADD/REMOVE function otherwise I don't have a clue where they're going when it says the installation is complete.
8. Cleared the "slate" of the 7.0/Consolidation patches.
9. Haven't had an issue in the past, obviously since I'm feeling I need to do this. I'm sure I missed something basic just not sure what :o.

And you wonder why I only deal with equipment here, look no further!?! I really need to get some sleep. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pat

Pat

Let's start at the very beginning and deal with one question at a time.....what is the exact path you have both games installed in ?

( and PLEASE dial back a bit on the "smilies" )

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Still looking the revised OOB in detail (haven't gotten to the formations yet) but it looks VERY good.

Of course I may be a tad biased because it seems a goodly number of the unit changes were taken from my revised USMC OOB

Long ago I decided not to re-invent the wheel. If I can find useful information that advances the OOB's I'll use it.

Look at it this way... your last revision was DL'd by 22 people. There are a lot more using what I liberated from it now.

Next year I'll add your name to the OOB file credits ( for that I need your real name... send me a PM ). I had intended to this time but I had a brain fart and missed changing the OOB comments in both games this time around...

Don
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT version 7.0 Upgrade patch

Andy/Don,
My hint of the "right path" in my post was correct. The path that came up was noted in #5 of my post as well. The fix after Andy's answer pointed me to Mobhack from last years patch addressing Win 7 and Vista download file issues. The following has to be inserted for XP (And prior?) before the FINAL STEP in the download process as follows for both WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2...
C:\Program Files\... downloads to both games done started OOB checks for WinSPMBT, new equipment is there. Don't know about game play but if the first two steps are met the rest should be fine as well.

I gotta get the ... going, work doesn't like us being late.

Regards,
Pat
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Once again,my many thanks to our Mod Team for giving us the HBCT Recon Troop under the U.S 012 OOB!

To enable and purchase individual elements of the this troop as to how one may so choose:

895 Rec Trp HQ
896 Rec Sec 1
897 Rec Sec 2
898 Rec Mortar Sec

Simply go into the Mobhack OOB Editor,find 012 U.S.,go to the third entry formations,scroll down to respective unit number,"i.e 895" and under the nations box type number 12 for the U.S. Do it for the remaining 3 slots,make sure to save all 4 slot changes and you are very good to go.
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Andy/Don,
My hint of the "right path" in my post was correct. The path that came up was noted in #5 of my post as well. The fix after Andy's answer pointed me to Mobhack from last years patch addressing Win 7 and Vista download file issues. The following has to be inserted for XP (And prior?) before the FINAL STEP in the download process as follows for both WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2...
C:\Program Files\... downloads to both games done started OOB checks for WinSPMBT, new equipment is there. Don't know about game play but if the first two steps are met the rest should be fine as well.

I gotta get the ... going, work doesn't like us being late.

Regards,
Pat

Pat, although there is no need to install the game outside program files if you have XP ALL further patches and updates will be set up to NOT install there so we STRONGLY RECOMMEND everyone set up their games OUTSIDE PROGRAM FILES.

It's simple. Click on the main game folder and MOVE it out of program files then redo your shortcuts. If you have BOTH games installed under Shrapnel Games it's even easier.... just click on the Shrapnel Games folder and move it to your C: drive ( or D; or just ANYWHERE that isn't under program files. )

If you are happy where it is that's OK too ----- just remember next time the installer doesn't read minds

There is NO REASON to re-install the game unless you use all the little shortcuts that will appear in Start\Programs when you. I don't so moving is as simple as moving then setting up a new desktop shortcut but everyones got their own way of doing things but the fact is the install path on these last patches is the install path that will be used by all further patches. We had thought that since that was the way the consolidation patch was set up and that was relatively painless for most folks that this patch would be the same.

Don

Last edited by DRG; April 12th, 2013 at 02:32 PM..
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Once again,my many thanks to our Mod Team for giving us the HBCT Recon Troop under the U.S 012 OOB!

To enable and purchase individual elements of the this troop as to how one may so choose:

895 Rec Trp HQ
896 Rec Sec 1
897 Rec Sec 2
898 Rec Mortar Sec

Simply go into the Mobhack OOB Editor,find 012 U.S.,go to the third entry formations,scroll down to respective unit number,"i.e 895" and under the nations box type number 12 for the U.S. Do it for the remaining 3 slots,make sure to save all 4 slot changes and you are very good to go.

Kenny..... you are REALLY going to have to explain that better for the average player because you have ( almost ) confused me and I maintain the damn thing !

"third entry formations" ??

"scroll down to respective unit number,"i.e 895"

..... Ken UNIT 895 in the US OOB is a CH-47D Chinook--- if you don't use the correct terminology you confuse everyone.

Those FORMATIONS were deliberately renationalized to ZERO so they would NOT be available to be bought individually but only when the main F 894 "HBCT Rec Trp" is bought. They are integral parts on the larger formation not available to be bought a piece here and a piece there.......that OOB is full of examples of that so you are free to do that if YOU like but it's not the way it was designed to work.

Don
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:13 PM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road

To prevent an increasing long post,I with not quote Don with his sound advice to me.

Number one,I do not me mean to overstep my bounds here. However you guys determine how the game should be played and how sub-units should or should not be available to be separately purchased,is how it is,so please eliminate my previous post as to any suggestion any way as you see fit. My apologies. I understand the part about how an individual such as Jesse(me) may prefer to rob the individual train needs to be done on an individual basis and not suggested for public consumption. I will not repeat this error.

Number two,my method of desciption was poor but my intention good so tell me if this is what went went haywire? Near the top left part of the page of Mobhack when into an army's OOB,there are 5 main columns,Units,Info,Formations,Info,Load/Save. From the 3rd column, formations options,I should have said formation 895,not unit 895,which isn't the helicopter. Sound about right? As it turns out I really should have said nothing and will not be making that mistake again.

Thanks for the instruction and the sound advice.
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:07 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

Never say "never"!
Closed Thread