BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old December 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM

Private

sabresandy is on a distinguished road
Default ERA and large warheads

I've played several matches now where ERA tiles on a tank were able to defeat large, air-launched munitions. Mavericks and Hellfires, sure, but also the big laser-guided bombs. I think the silliest example was when my ZTZ-99A2 was able to shrug off a Russian 1500kg laser-guided bomb (!) when "Advanced ERA cell defeats penetrator". Seems just a little off, you know? Even for single-warhead weapons, I'm inclined to think that a relatively small ERA cell won't be enough to defend against several hundred kilograms of explosives and kinetic energy.

A possible solution to this may involve a "warhead size check" routine. Tank guns, regular ATGMs, and air-launched rockets are generally much smaller in terms of warhead size than the big aerial bombs. Loading up the French orbat for reference, I see that the 500lb LGBs are warhead size 24 or so; the biggest tank guns top out at warhead size 14 or 15. (Important note: if implemented, there must be an exception for cluster-type weapons, which have large warhead values but should still be affected by ERA.) There will still have to be some edits made to the ORBATs--the AS-30L, OBAT 6 weapon 210, should properly have a warhead value to reflect the fact that it's a 500kg-class weapon with a 240-kg SAPHE warhead, hence not defeatable with ERA--but I think this is doable.

Good idea? And if so, feasible?