.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:06 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Game - Microless MA

Yeah I think I'll not worry about fixed starts. Fixed starts are nice and I'd generally prefer them, but if no one really cares too much, I think random is just as good as a placement algorithm is likely to be.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:43 PM

General

Default Re: New Game - Microless MA Awaiting Pretenders

The game is set up and awaiting pretender submissions! Also I've added a renamed version of ogre kingdoms 1.0 to the first post just in case anyone is too lazy to remove the underscores in their copy by hand, as IIRC the llamaserver does not play well with those and I was forced to upload 1.0 for you lot. I did NOT upload the graphics as well so you'll still need to get the sprites yourselves if you haven't done so already (link is here
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:14 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Cool. Will have a play and upload tonight.
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:24 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

I'll take my chances with a random start. My luck is bound to change soon.

So about my nation... Please switch me back to Van. *ducks* I actually did a lot of testing with Man and may play them in another game but the crones will be too frustrating to deal with here. The old age is annoying, but they have a way to deal with that. The map move 1 is much more irritating and without magic items there's no way to boost it. And without path boosters or communions their minor WE magic isn't of much use.

And after all that testing I actually thought of a pretty good Van build.

On the bright side, soon the game will start and I won't have the option to change my mind anymore.
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:34 AM

General

I think I'll hold off on changing your nation again until the game starts. You know, just to be on the safe side :P
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:07 AM

Major General

At this point I'd say that's a reasonable precaution. We've gone from a secret player to a secret nation.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:42 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Would you like to include what other downloads I'm missing. My dominions is crashing at game testing. I have the downloads mentioned in the first post, the sprites for Ogre Kingdoms, and the sprites for CMB 1.92.

Please include everything a fresh copy of Dominions would need.

Edit: Fixed my own issue.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:45 AM

Major General

Just want to confirm I've sent in my pretender for Van and, since I have no intention of asking you to remove it so I can change nations yet again, that makes my pick definite. Of course I'll probably keep sending in revised pretenders until we start but at least the nation choice is now set in stone.

I'm pretty happy with my build - it's not at all optimal but I think it will be fun. It will certainly be interesting playing Van not only without indie archers but without even forged missile weapons. But I've got to say right now I'm *really* glad CBM reduced the cost of the Vanherse from 160 to 120 gold. This in no way makes Van a good research nation but at least I'll still be able to research at a comparable pace to the indie shaman I've typically used when playing them.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:52 PM

General

Okay, since snegir has made an exit (and valerius has managed to stick to vanheim :P) we'll get this thing started soon! I'll make sure Kestrel is in soon, the game WILL be running by tomorrow.
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM

General

Maerlande is going to be away with intermittent internet access for the week, so hosting has been changed to 48 hours to accommodate him for the time being. The hosting time is intended to revert back to the original 24 after he has returned, so don't get too used to it yet!

Also as a note, Kestrel is presently out of town and any diplomatic requests should go through me as of the moment, as Kestrel also has very intermittent internet access.