BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 4th, 2008, 07:13 AM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road
Default Eurocopter Tiger

It has been a long time since I last posted on this forum. SPMBT v4 is a nice upgrade, and I have some possible errors to report about the Tiger helicopter.

Obat 15 - Australia

Unit 457 -> 460 "Tigre ARH"
UNit 461 & 462 "Tigre ARH -AT"

Possible error: unit 457 to 462: (ROCKET PODS AMMO) seems that each rocket was counted and not half of them, for the calculation of ammo capacity, thus giving all helos too much rockets. Figures where probably taken from British Apache, but they can load four 70 mm rockets pods, instead of two for the tiger ARH.

Obat 33 - Spain

Unit 520 to 523 "HA-28"

Spanish tigers are all HAP (till 2011, then retrofitted to HAD) and HAD.
They all have a 30 mm gun.(they are lacking for units 521 & 523).

Tigers of spanish oob are generally carrying uncomplete loads. This limits their prices, but is not very accurate, (this is probably a choice of the oob maker).
I don't know if it's the same for the gun, but I see no reason why they should be engaged without a gun.

French oob 06

Units 496,497,498 and 499 + 906

499 - Tiger HAC is a non existent unit: since 2004, it was decided to abandon this version for the more powerfull (engines) and more versatile HAD version.

Unit 496 & 499 if replaced by HAD should be given a 30mm gun, just like spanish versions.

Like spanish versions, french tigers are not fully loaded, unit 496 could have 4 more mistral, unit 497 could load 4 more hot 3 missiles, but again, I presume it's a design choice.

I use my own oob correcting this, if somebody is interrested, I can up-load them, but to be fair, these units are not present in any scen nor campain, so they are as usefull as the tank transporter units

Something surprised me when checking the different versions of the tiger: they have a range finder value of 15 (or 14, I don't remember). This seems to correspond to "no laser range finder". If true, it could be a design error, because they indeed have a laser range finder (to be exact HAP and spanish HAD have one and french HAD two, probably the same for ARH).

Loktarr
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Eurocopter Tiger

OK. I'll put this on the list

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....