.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 8th, 2012, 12:42 AM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BSoD (Newbie, LA, CBM 1.92) [Started!]

So be it, I will give you all the death gems I have; in exchange I ask that all your base (and non-death gems) are belong to us.
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Sergeant

Also, the nation of Marignon is looking for smiths of Earth and Astral. We are looking to buy a pair of earth boots and a crystal tower shield. The price for these two items are open to haggling and negotiation, as per the nations' discretion. If you are interested, please send a PM message to me (or an ingame one), and we can negotiate the price.
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

The Nation of Bogarus humbly looks to purchase a Crystal Coin and a fine pair of Earth Boots(Its ok if they are slightly used). PM me your asking price.
Cheers!
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

Still would be happy to purchase Earth Boots or Crystal Coin.

Also: Looking to trade some Death Gems for Air Gems.
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road

Fire gems up for trade if anybody wants some.
Old March 11th, 2012, 11:41 AM

Corporal

Russian_Comrade is on a distinguished road

I need some real human flesh, my angry fish-men are hungry. Well, actually even food from cauldron of broth is going to suit their needs.

Want to buy supply items.
Old March 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM

Private

Aderion is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I have a question reagarding a NAP-X. Lets assume I have a NAP-2 with some other nation. If I now send them an in game message cancelling the NAP in turn 22 (which they receive in turn 23), when are I allowed to attack, assuming I want to honor the NAP-2.

So far, I thought that a NAP-x means that x turns have to elapse before attacking is allowed, thus in the above scenario no attack should be made in turn 23 and 24. And in turn 25, attacking would be allowed.

Or is the usual meaning of a NAP-x that in turn x after the cancellation has been sent, attacking is allowed? Thus, in the above scenario attacking in turn 24 would be ok?
Old March 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderion View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a question reagarding a NAP-X. Lets assume I have a NAP-2 with some other nation. If I now send them an in game message cancelling the NAP in turn 22 (which they receive in turn 23), when are I allowed to attack, assuming I want to honor the NAP-2.

So far, I thought that a NAP-x means that x turns have to elapse before attacking is allowed, thus in the above scenario no attack should be made in turn 23 and 24. And in turn 25, attacking would be allowed.

Or is the usual meaning of a NAP-x that in turn x after the cancellation has been sent, attacking is allowed? Thus, in the above scenario attacking in turn 24 would be ok?
Think of it this way, a NAP-0 would effectively mean you don't have to give any notice and can send an attack immediately in turn 22. However, it wouldn't actually take effect until turn 23. So a NAP-2 would mean you can send your attack in turn 24, although your opponent wouldn't see the attack until turn 25.
The Following User Says Thank You to revenant2 For This Useful Post:
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:39 PM

Sergeant

Yeah, you could've started your attack one turn earlier (since I received your cancellation notice turn...15 I believe).

The cancellation period is basically how much notice the opposing nation gets of the attack before hand (so NAP-0 means attack goes along with the notice, NAP-1 means the turn after they receive the message before the attack begins, etc.). So if they receive the cancellation message on turn 22, you can attack on turn 24. If you sent it out on turn 24 (so they'd receive it on turn 23), then you can attack on turn 25 (i.e. battles can break out, and you can send the orders in with turn 24). Dat make sense?
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:11 AM

Private

Aderion is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick responses. But they did not fully clearify the issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary League View Post
Yeah, you could've started your attack one turn earlier (since I received your cancellation notice turn...15 I believe).

The cancellation period is basically how much notice the opposing nation gets of the attack before hand (so NAP-0 means attack goes along with the notice, NAP-1 means the turn after they receive the message before the attack begins, etc.). So if they receive the cancellation message on turn 22, you can attack on turn 24. If you sent it out on turn 24 (so they'd receive it on turn 23), then you can attack on turn 25 (i.e. battles can break out, and you can send the orders in with turn 24). Dat make sense?
Lets assume the following example:
We have a NAP-x and I send the cancelation to you in turn 15.
According to what you (Legendary) and Revenant wrote, I can give attack orders in turn 15+x.

I think my misunderstanding arises from the me thinking that the battles actually occur in the season (turn) in which the attack orders were given and not in the next turn. If this is really the case, than I would deduce that in the above example, attack orders could be given in turn 15 + (x+1).

But if your interpretation is the one most people share, than thats no problem for me and I will consider it for future NAPs.