.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 15th, 2009, 10:02 AM

Sergeant

Toran is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Aby CBM Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb View Post
In another game I've lost about 5 mages to horrors. And I'm micro'ing there too, it's just a single month of marking that was enough to trigger it. Probably got about 30 lanterns, on around turn 40.
Well, that's why I'm asking - I have never seen it happen this bad, and was wondering if I was just lucky (or you unlucky...), or if was tied to Luck scales maybe, which I had as Luck3 in both my cases where I was using lanterns.

Quote:
Toran, you're right Humanbreds can't fight very well at all. But they can be useful eating up hits and arrows on their shields. I bought the spear ones too, in hope that the parry would make them last longer.
Ah, ok, same choice then. I find them surprisingly resilient against most enemies, they usually hold longer than the enemy probably prefers - they don't really hurt the enemy (unless fatigued from running into the shields/spears, or the Fire magic from behind), this is done mainly by the Fire mages with me. Where it definitely helps that the Humandbreds are 100% FR

But ethereal salamanders... yep, could be an idea. I know that one isn't exactly new, I just wasn't using it. Do you intermingle the Salamanders into the Humanbreds, or make them separate squads, consisting only of Salamanders?
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Aby CBM Strategy

Separate squads of 6 Salamanders, each with its own Apprentice to Body Ethereal it. If I can't get enough Apprentices then just the front Salamander squads get Body Eth. Usually one or two Salamanders in the squad gets missed, because the Apprentice gets stuck in a square with one.

Everyone is on Hold & Attack Rear, the Humanbreds are right on the front line and the Salamanders are a few squares back, staggered where there are holes in your Humanbred line. I think if you have too many Humanbreds, the Salamanders won't get a chance to attack, because you won't have any holes in your front line for them to get through.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?