World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 16th, 2010, 09:16 AM

Private

Stonefire is on a distinguished road
Default WinSPww2 v4.0 Bug? Artillery don't show up as artilley

Hi
In a PBM battle some of my Italian artilery units did not show up in the artillery menu.
I made a generated battle and had the same result. And have uploaded a save file from that.
I have experienced the same with a greek force, but have no save file from that.

Regards
Stonefire
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpSv017NoArtillery.zip (72.4 KB, 96 views)
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPww2 v4.0 Bug? Artillery don't show up as artilley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonefire View Post
Hi
In a PBM battle some of my Italian artilery units did not show up in the artillery menu.
I made a generated battle and had the same result. And have uploaded a save file from that.
I have experienced the same with a greek force, but have no save file from that.

Regards
Stonefire
Since only some of these did not appear, then it is highly likely that they were out of contact.

Please read the Game Guide-> Release History-> WinSPWW2 version 3.5 upgrade patch-> Bullet No. 25.

Cheers
Andy
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:01 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonefire View Post
Hi

Regards
Stonefire
Since only some of these did not appear, then it is highly likely that they were out of contact.

Please read the Game Guide-> Release History-> WinSPWW2 version 3.5 upgrade patch-> Bullet No. 25.

Cheers
Andy
With all respect - no - thats not the situation - it is all units bought from the same group in the meny "BatteriaCanone" none of these shows up - nor even in the prebombardment meny.
Do me a favour and open the save file I uploaded. You will see 25 units placed around the HQ - and no one shows up in the artillery menu.

Regards

Stonefire
Old February 19th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

Ok I got it - Both the artillery units you selected (OOB 034 units 335 and 333) are class 16. According to the guide, class 16 is:

UnitClass 16=Infantry Support Gun

Now for direct fire type Infantry Gun only - use UnitClass 154 Infantry Howitzer for indirect IG firers.

So the formations you chose were both direct fire only and you won't see them on the arty menu. Try selecting different gun formations including off board to ensure there is no other problem.
Old February 19th, 2010, 05:19 PM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road

On a somewhat related note, which I have reported before, but nobody seemed to notice, in my first campaign battle my onboard IG's would target for bombardment but then not bombard after the delay was reached. These were pretty far targets, though the 150mm guns should had reached them anyway. I drew the conclusion then that instead of the bombardment routine not allowing you to target beyond range, as before, they just wouldn't bombard period but still let you target.

Later I picked these same guns for closer bombardment targets and had no problem. I don't think I have a save file from back when I reported it.
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatG View Post
Ok I got it - Both the artillery units you selected (OOB 034 units 335 and 333) are class 16. According to the guide, class 16 is:

Now for direct fire type Infantry Gun only - use UnitClass 154 Infantry Howitzer for indirect IG firers.

So the formations you chose were both direct fire only and you won't see them on the arty menu. Try selecting different gun formations including off board to ensure there is no other problem.

Correct. Those are infantry support guns and as noted they are for direct LOS use not indirect fire. These are the formations you need to pick for ON MAP indirect fire guns

055 Obice - Available: 01/30-12/46
074 Obici Motoriz - Available: 01/30-12/46
087 Batteria Obici - Available: 01/30-12/46
090 Plotone Obici - Available: 01/30-12/46

Don
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
On a somewhat related note, which I have reported before, but nobody seemed to notice, in my first campaign battle my onboard IG's would target for bombardment but then not bombard after the delay was reached. These were pretty far targets, though the 150mm guns should had reached them anyway. I drew the conclusion then that instead of the bombardment routine not allowing you to target beyond range, as before, they just wouldn't bombard period but still let you target.

Later I picked these same guns for closer bombardment targets and had no problem. I don't think I have a save file from back when I reported it.
Well I just tried a campaign with onboard IG's and they behaved just like onboard IG's not artilery so perhaps that save game might come in handy though this does sound vaguely familiar

??

Just how far back did you report this ?

Don
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:29 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatG View Post

Now I understand why they don't appear in the artillery menu, but then I must claim that this classification dosn't make sense.
335 is the germans 15cm sIG 33 and in the german OOB 016 unit 097 it is classified as Class 154. (but in the Greek OOB 031 unit 047 also representing the 15cm sIG 33 it is also class 16)
Unit 333 in the Italian OOB 034 is the Ansaldo 149L17 and in the unit date it is shown that it has a minimum range of 60!

Can someone explain to me why those guns only shouldn't be in class 154.

Regards

Stonefire
Old February 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Probably as simple as an error there are thousands of units or possibly a diffrent carriage that does not allow elevation.
Certainly if Ansaldo 149L17 has a minimum range of 60 its an error.
Not looked probably has AP ammo so its not minimum range but max range for that ammo type
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:50 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Because the intended USE is different. As explained, those Italian guns are intended to be used ONLY for direct LOS support NOT as "howitzers". It has nothing to do with an "error" or a "bug". Everything is working exactly as planned

I'll look into the Min range issue with Italian Unit 333.

Don