This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old September 11th, 2001, 11:57 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: War....

If your having trouble getting to news sites go to the washington post or Slashdot.

They have been working all day.

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:06 AM

BANNED USER

disabled is on a distinguished road

Those were not knifes. They was most likely islamic swords, the name escapes me. I just called the hindu temple and some relatives down the street, they are ready to enlist and go to war.

The attacks are on the taliban government in Kabal Afgahnistan. Most likely a US or US-allied attack. This is what they get for giving shelter to terrorist.

[ June 13, 2003, 07:00: Message edited by: General Talashar ]
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:11 AM

BANNED USER

disabled is on a distinguished road

I just got word that 20-30 senators are in favor of a declaration of war against the patron nations

[ June 13, 2003, 07:00: Message edited by: General Talashar ]
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:16 AM

Corporal

Argh is on a distinguished road

Well, gas prices all over the nation have more than doubled. Damn profiteering jerks!

As for the who/what/where . . . once again, we're almost 100% likely to be dealing with people who hail no nation as a home base.

The sad part about this sort of attack is that while we can(and will) find the people who did this, we'll never have just revenge, because jailing or killing a few fanatic psychopaths will never really solve the inherent problem, which is that we have no wish to go to war in the Middle East over land that's marginally useful(other than the oil). Moreover, our greatest potential enemy, Russia, has her fingers soaked with blood and lost treasure, and might go to war with us if we got really serious about clearing the muddy ground.

The world is a dangerous place, because while the concept of Empire has vanished, whilst each of the old imperial powers still continue to excercise their authority through blackmail, monetary policy, and the occasional proxy war. This attack is one of the results.

As much as I would like to join in the bloodthirsty cheering for revenge, therefore. . . I can't. We need to make some very hard choices- or just find the isolated scumbags, lock them away, and complacently wait until the next time. . .
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:30 AM

Private

Joss21 is on a distinguished road

I just canīt believe what iīm seeing in CNN...

As far as i know, Bin Laden, supposed leader of the terrorists, is refugiated in Afghanistan.
But, instead of waiting one or two days for the American intelligence to find out where he is, and drop a bomb over his head, this crazy lunatic of Bush is bombarding the Capital city...

I thought Palestinian people were responsible for this... not Afghanistan
At least who were celebrating were the palestinians

That make US no better than the terrorists...
Its only a game of "I hit you because Iīm greater than you, and you canīt fight back"

Please stop Bush. Is totally crazy.

Old September 12th, 2001, 12:36 AM

Corporal

LazarusLong42 is on a distinguished road

Actually, AP is reporting that a US Defense official (speaking anonymously of course) indicated that we aren't the ones doing the bombing.

Whether that's _true_ or not we have yet to see. But the general consensus appears to be that bin Laden is involved.

As to determining where is is... the Afghan Taliban government allows him asylum. That makes them just as culpable. Therefore glassing them is justified.

LL
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:49 AM

Sergeant

thorfrog is on a distinguished road

Down with all radical muslim nations. Glass them all to the stoneage. Afganistan shall feel the wrath of the eagle.
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:54 AM

Corporal

Antonin is on a distinguished road

[quote]Originally posted by Joss21:
As far as i know, Bin Laden, supposed leader of the terrorists, is refugiated in Afghanistan.

It is too early to say who is responsible. At this point, some Groups that didn't do it will be claiming responsibility because they wish they had done it. And some Groups that didn't do it may be claiming credit on behalf of Groups they are at odds with, hoping to get their enemies blamed, and retaliated against.

I thought Palestinian people were responsible for this... not Afghanistan
At least who were celebrating were the palestinians

It's very important to remember that Arabs are not all the same. Palestinians are not all the same. Not every Palestinian is a terrorist. Not every Palestinian is anti-US, and even most of the ones that are, separate their hatred of the US government from a basic respect for the US people.

Some are celebrating this grotesque tragedy, but they are not the ones responsible for the crime. They celebrate because it is a strike against the US and US power. The US has supported Israel's brutal 34-year military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza. The Palestinian who you see celebrating on TV news is doing so because the Israeli bulldozer that demolished his sister's home Last week was paid for with money handed over by the US government. It is a matter of saying "now the Americans know what it is to suffer, as we do." It's wrong, but that's the way it is.

That make US no better than the terrorists...
Its only a game of "I hit you because Iīm greater than you, and you canīt fight back"

That is always the policy of strong nations. Many people in the US, as they mourn this tragedy, will not see the context in which such actions take place. They will blame "the Palestinians" and that will be that.

There are many Groups in the world that hate US power, and some of them have very legitimate reasons for that, even if their methods of fighting US power are the methods of cowards.

I heard comments by one American man-on-the-street about word that the DFLP may have been responsible. He then started raging about Arafat, without realizing that the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine is not the PLO, is not Arafat's group, and in fact is opposed completely to the two-state solution Arafat has been seeking since the early 1990s. Most of the competing Palestinian Groups hate each other, and would kill each other's leaders if they could.

Most Americans, unfortunately, know little of the effects of their government's policies abroad. They make little effort to understand other countries and other people. The same Americans who claim to have a deep, basic mistrust of their own government nearly always believe whatever their government has to say concerning national security matters, or matters of war and peace. It's sad.

Punish the guilty. But do not single out a race or a nationality or a religion for hatred.

Please stop Bush. Is totally crazy.

He's not crazy, merely dumb. This gives him a chance to play President.

But still, he has to do something. The guilty have to be punished.

To all: I have kept my remarks in this post civil. Please remain civil in your flames.

[This message has been edited by Natsef-Amun (edited 11 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Natsef-Amun (edited 12 September 2001).]
"The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife." - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #48
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:04 AM

Private

You may be right, Lazarus..

But this doesnīt help to the image of magnanimous gentlemens you like to believe you are...

Donīt take me wrong... I would like to do the same if I were US citizen.
I just donīt like americans that says "iīm full of morality" "we are the good guys" "we are the policeman of the world" and then when someone hits them react like an angry teenager, "you hurt my interests, then i will destrou you".

Just what i think....
Bush just should wait until there is enough certainty of say, palestine have to do with it, and just then level-off the country.

But now, just sound like the government just tried to change the news banners of "USA under attack" for "USA counterattacks" just to calm down people.

Iīm in Argentina, and i know this situation will hurt all the world economy, including our "third world" developing countries.

I just doesnīt share what you are doing.

Old September 12th, 2001, 01:13 AM

Private

I totally concord with Natsef-Amun

His toughts are very insightful.

Its very visible for us non-americans that the average american citizen dont have idea of the rest of the world around they is doing...