Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: obat44 - West Germany

Stumbled upon the next one:

Unit #55/56 GTK Boxer
Is surely not available from 1/2007, but from 10/2010 at best - most likely later, considering all the delays that already happened
http://www.bmvg.de/portal/a/bmvg/kcx...ntent.jsp.html

That makes the following formations "hang in the air", as they won't have any transport before that date:

F#230/231 MRAV
F#235/236 MRAV Recce
.. and others ...

I would suggest using Unit #551 Fuchs 2+ instead - I'm not sure, but which other vehicle is reported to be used e.g. in Afghanistan?
MRAV Recce gets the Marder A5 - but that one can carry only 6, but the Jaegers are 9 men ... Btw., it looks like the Marders are not primarily used as APC, but as support "tanks", as the Fuchs APC only have MG3 ... .
Therefore it would make sense replace the Marder in the APC role, but add some additional ones as support .. wait, that's what the APC/IFV duality in that formation is for .. must have a closer look ...

Last edited by Arralen; May 3rd, 2010 at 03:26 PM..
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:05 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
equipment is given as available years or even a decade after it has been phased out
Well defining end dates in a lot of case is a tricky affair, since the basic assumption for the game is at least a degree of mobilization.

Quote:
U#52-54/118 Marder A3/A5
- does not get Vis40 (TI), but U#68 SpPz Luchs A3 does? Is the "Wärmebildgerät" used in "Marder" inferior to that used in "Luchs"?
OTOH the Luchs did get thermal sights in some upgrade, but I never researched Germany.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:29 PM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
Quote:
U#52-54/118 Marder A3/A5
- does not get Vis40 (TI), but U#68 SpPz Luchs A3 does? Is the "Wärmebildgerät" used in "Marder" inferior to that used in "Luchs"?
OTOH the Luchs did get thermal sights in some upgrade, but I never researched Germany.
Both got their TI equipment during upgrades .. though it might not be the same one .. havn't found any credible sources 'bout what has been upgraded to - therefore it might be possible that the WBG used in Marder is of inferior type, maybe unable to see through smoke (though unlikely).
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM

Major General

Unit #323 GMTF(DURO IIIP)
.. is missing its pic !

SPz Puma ( "Puma IFV" )
... will only be available from late 2011/2012 onwards ...

Last edited by Arralen; May 3rd, 2010 at 03:47 PM..
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arralen View Post
Unit #323 GMTF(DURO IIIP)
.. is missing its pic !

SHOCKING !

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...t=31875&page=9

DL the Pictures.zip from message 82

Don

Last edited by DRG; May 3rd, 2010 at 04:08 PM..
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
SPz Puma ( "Puma IFV" )
... will only be available from late 2011/2012 onwards ...

When we first put it in three or four years(+) ago 6/2009 seemed a reasonable guesstimate. Unfortunately, despite what some may think I have neither the time nor the inclination to continually check on the status of every vehicle in the game that may or may not actually make it to the troops and since I'm not on the German high commands mailing list this one seems to have slipped by everyone but you. ( attaboy ! ) We do catch and correct what we can but in many cases it's players who spot issues like this and IF I change the start date to say.........1/2012,( another " reasonable guesstimate" at this time and date ) how much do you want to bet that will eventually be proven wrong giving someone else the joy of pointing out an error in the game.

However , I am noting all this down for whenever we decide to issue the next release and happily you do seem to be finding the time to let us know about at least a few of them.

Don
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:54 PM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
However , I am noting all this down for whenever we decide to issue the next release and happily you do seem to be finding the time to let us know about at least a few of them.
Don
Hopefully you won't miss any ... you'll have to scroll waayyy up already, and the list will surely get longer ... .

And no, I am not happy about this at all: I'm trying to set up a generated campaign since yesterday, and because I'm constantly stumbling 'bout those errors, I have not gotten anywhere ...
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: obat44 - West Germany

Point well taken about the BOXER. However I posted about the BOXER in my APC thread on pg.1 with response on pg.2 concerning the Dutch BOXER. Time just ran out to get the patch finished. Even I might have to revisit a "hot issue" I had in the past, we'll see, if so I'll note it and get it up the chain of command a little earlier. But to support the German BOXER issue I submit the following:
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/articl...p?forumID=1433 and
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mrav/
Like I say for some of my sports teams "There's always next year!"
Aufedersein!
Regards,
Pat
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:21 PM

Major General

U#67 Fennek
- there are several versions of the Fennek; in game terms, there should be at least a FO and a Panzeraufklärer (armoured recon) version.
- all versions have full termal sighting for spotting purposes
- FO version should be with GPS
- arm. recon version should come in pairs with MG3/40mm GL: 2 PzAufkl. with different weapon make a recon section (therefore both units should be in one section, what is hard to achieve with SPMBT => different unit subclasses needed)
- The turret is fitted with Peri Z17 telescope, optionally even with its own night vision equipment. This surely justifies better FC/RF values than 1/0 (which are typical for tripod MG or vehicle-mounted AA guns, with iron sights); at least something along the lines of 8/5 like some '60 Greyhound ?! http://www.rheinmetall-detec.com/ind...ri%20z17&pdb=1

@Fastboat
Concerning the Boxer, I gave the link to the official german army website in my posting somewhere above, which -at a first glance- basically says exactly the same things as your articles - in german though ;-)
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
[
U#153 105mm Section
- the "Feldhaubitze 105mm" is only used for salute any more. Most likely for decades (Artilleriereform '85 or something like that) EoS 2020 is obviously completly incorrect. http://www.deutschesheer.de/portal/a...%2Fcontent.jsp
I have arrived at this portion of the " to-do" list and I just want to say thanks for the perfectly useless URL that contributes nothing whatsoever to knowing WHEN the 105's stopped being used by front line troops.

Quote:
U#495-499 "Mtn. Scouts"
- are basically duplicates to U#420-424 "Gebirgsjaeger" (which are properly named, at least)
1/ Any non english naming in this or any other OOB has been added on the assumption that it will be easily interpreted by everybody, not just Germans. For good or bad we are living with that experiment in winSPWW2 and will not be repeating it in MBT.

2/ "basically duplicates"??. really ? Please explain how a 3 man scout team with reduced weaponry "basically duplicates" a 9 man infantry section.

Don