This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old May 29th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Any Sim City Players Here?

Hey I was wondering what your take is on City Life World Edition. Its suppose to be similar to SimCity but better. I am considering buying it. I don't want to waste $40.00 though on another game that I won't play so I was hoping that some of you could give me a heads up.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:15 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Any Sim City Players Here?

What no one has played this game?
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I quit looking at SIM games awhile back.

I think that Sim company made some of the most educational (and irritating) games. There was that Sim City thing which destructed the more you tried to manage it. Finally I figured out that if I went to bed and left it running that the good and bad events would balance out. In the morning it was still there and had a ton of money.

Then there was a Sim Evolution, and a Sim World, and Sim Ants. OK fine, try to control evolution and it goes bad. Try to manage the worlds environment and you only muck it up. Lessons to be learned. BUT WHEN A *&^$%# ANT FARM RUNS BETTER WITHOUT ME THAT'S JUST TOO MUCH!

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

lol
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hugh Manatee is on a distinguished road

Sim City 2000 was the best sim game, just enough layers, not too many bugs, and it had Sim Copter, Skurk and Streets(yeah I know streets kinda sucked but dam it was fun to build out your own raceways and drive a beetle with missile launchers on it...) to go with it, it was just classy. Sim Sity 3000 was ok too, but it had constant bugs where I know I have enough water and water infrastructure to sell water to my neighbors but the dam thign tries to tell me I'm not meeting my end of the deal and I get fined. in sc3k stuff just got kinda too big, too many simulations, too many layers, too shiny. Never got Sim city 4, though I have my eyes on various clearance racks and bargin bins.

Never heard of city life world edition, Though I've recently stopped paying any attention to trade mags and sites... didnt even know about c&c 3 or supreme commander til I saw em on the shelves... most Everything out nowdays has insane reqs, is crap anyway, or is outclassed by older stuff that I'm almost 99% satisfied with the stuff I got now that I almost don't want o buy any more games, ever, unless they are under $20 in a bargain heap or lightly used. Got all 3 guild wars chapters(will get gwen), got my Mega Man X collection, got my Mega Man Anaversery collection, Got my Nippon Ichi games on my ps2(Disgaea and such, super time wasters) got Dom3, SE4, SE5, Advance Wars Dual Strike.... Im set dude...
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Hell I have dozens of games I never play. Oddly enough games that are older tend to peak my interest now that the newer games on the market suck so horribly bad. Games like Doom, Heretic, Decent, Freespace, Sin, TRIBES, System Shock, Deus Ex, and so on are really the games that seem to interest me now.

Lets face it, the games of the late 90's were good games. The games now are all generic spin offs of other games and concepts that have been over used, over hyped, over priced, and under developed. Sure eye candy has improved, but the core essence of the games have been lost.

I am currently deeply committed to my dissolution of modern day PC games. I just don't see any hope for the future of the market if innovation has been put to death, attention to detail is hanging from the tree out back, and quality in game design and play has long since been listed MIA. Its like the game industry has fallen prey to a self destructive virus. I mean where has original though and dedication to quality gone? The bean counters and mega corporations butted and bought their way in and in doing so have revamped the game industry land scape like a genesis device leaving nothing of the old remaining in the face of they're "Laugh to the bank" new reality.

This ***** is dead and its time to stop feeding of her rotting carcus and put her in the ground. Big business and greed have devastated the PC game industry as equally as they did to the console market of the early 80's. Next to lawyers, bankers, politicians, I hate the people who have ruined this wonderful era and brought free thinking innovation to its knees. Hell these bastards didn't even use a gun, they just used a dollar bill and look at all the destruction they have left in their wake. Great game companies one and all have fallen victim to their whims of profit seeking hysteria.
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:21 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Combat Wombat is on a distinguished road

Well I have never played whatever game Atrocities is talking about let alone ever heard about it. But I must say SC2000 was the last good game in the series, I never played 3000 though because of all the bad things I heard about it. SC4 was alright but it was just missing something....

A* Se+++ GdQ $? Fr! C* Css Sf-- Ai% Au M+++ Mp* S@ Ss++++ RNSHP Pw++ Fq+++ Nd++ Rp++ G++++ Mm++ Bb+++@ L+ Tcp--
Get the newest Version of Invasion! here: http://www.secenter.org/

Old June 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

3k was good. Very good in fact. 4k was ok, Unlimited was way better. But 4k lacked a lot of what made 2k and 3k so much fun. Oh well, 5k is in development now so all of this will hopefully soon be academic.