.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > ProSimCo > BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series
Notices

Old June 7th, 2011, 06:15 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default BCT commander glitches under XP

Hey, I already have filed a support request to Shrapnel and figured out some workarounds for these problems, but I think Pat Proctor should release a final fix to optimize BCT Commander for XP and to make it playable without US-keyboard setting. The game always maximizes without regarding the taskbar when starting up, so I have to fiddle around to see the lower border of the window and the information there each time I start the game.
Another problem: Without setting your keyboard settings to "English (US)" you can't form task forces. I have to change this setting each time I play the game, 'cause it is set to German by default. I think Pat should give this game a final patch just like he updated ATF after releasing each game based on the same engine.
Another thing is that you lose focus on the main window each time you open additional information windows.
Old June 8th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Sergeant

Default Re: BCT commander glitches under XP

By the way, is there some help on how to set up a scenario somewhere? Maybe online help? I simply can't figure that out from the OPORDS. You have to be a professional soldier to decipher that stuff. Certainly not user friendly (that's the main cause that kept me from playing any scenarios other than the turtorial scenario). I simply have no idea where to put my units. Some premade set ups or at least some clearer markings on where to put troops would be fine. I think ATF isn't any better than BCT in that regard.
Old June 10th, 2011, 06:36 AM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road

I am sorry you are not enjoying the game.

If you look far enough back in these forums, you will find a number of disussions offering suggestions on scenario setup. But, ultimately, this is a sandbox game. We didn't lock you into any particular setup positions so that you can experiment at will. In that regard, as you pointed out, it is just like ATF.

As for the issues you described, they are architectural. They cannot be 100% corrected without starting from scratch, which we did when we built ATF. There are, as you mention, a number of easy work arounds.

I am sorry I can't be more helpful.
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Sergeant

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunalely I can't afford ATF. Should've buyed this in the first place, but BCT was simply cheaper (but after trying the ATF demo, I must say it's definitely improved, although I also didn't get it completely, but with a manual, I'm sure ATF is better). I think I'll read the manual completely and try again, 'cause the tutorial scenario was fun (but I didn't manage to set up other scenarios yet). I wanna play this, but it's hard to get into.
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Sergeant

I think I've figured out how to set up my troops now after trying a few other scenarios.
I've got a tip for all Win XP users that maybe also works under Win 7: Try compatibility mode (Windows 95), and disable visual styles etc. This causes the game to run full screen and lets the task bar disappear, which is great. Way better than fiddling around to remove it.