This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM

Corporal

glaude1955 is on a distinguished road
Heart Transposition tools for old scenario - Outils de transposition pour ancien scénario

Hi all,
Questions to the wonderful developers.
For years, I am passionately changing your work on the Steel Panthers series.
With Winspww2 and Winspmbt the wargamer is filled. My only regret (nostalgia early?) Is that scenarios written for Spww2 and Spmbt and SP2 or some campaigns may not be compatible with the latest versions.
Beautiful scenarios and campaigns were made available to the community through the CD in the French magazine Cyber Stratège.
My questions:
From a scenario's spww2 spmbt or Steel Panthers 2 or an old campaign (in this case should provide a way to break this file campaign) could you make available (if any) software that would remove the map in a format compatible with the basic series Winspww2 Winspmbt or so that it can be modified by adding the latest news.
Similarly, if you could provide software that would allow us to retrieve the orders of battle scenario in txt format and icing on the cake if the position coordinates on the map could be shown after details of the unit such as A0 HQ 12,128
I'm not asking for miracles software that would blow a mouse click to transfer from one version to another (which is impossible) but software that would recreate the scenarios more easily while respecting as much as possible the work of the authors of the time appropriate to quote in the presentation of new or scenarios.
Maybe you developed the software in the creation and evolution of your mods in this case, they would be very useful.
Again thank you for your work,
Regards
Yves
Sorry for my very poor English !

Bonjour a tous,
Questions aux merveilleux développeurs.
Cela fait des années que je suis avec passion l'évolution de votre travail sur la série Steel Panthers.
Avec Winspww2 et Winspmbt le wargamer est comblé. Mon seul regret (nostalgie des débuts ?) est que les scénarios écrits pour Spww2 et Spmbt et certaines campagnes sur SP2 ne soient pas compatibles avec les dernières versions.
De superbes scénarios et campagnes avaient été mis a disposition de la communauté grâce aux CD dans la revue française Cyber Stratège.
Mes questions :
A partir d'un scénario spww2 ou spmbt ou Steel Panthers 2 ou d'une ancienne campagne (il faudrait dans ce cas fournir le moyen d'éclater ce fichier campagne) pourriez vous nous mettre a disposition (s'il existe) le logiciel qui permettrait d'extraire la carte sous un format basique compatible avec la série Winspww2 ou Winspmbt afin que l'on puisse la modifier en y ajoutant les dernières nouveautés.
De même, si vous pouviez nous fournir un logiciel qui nous permettrait de récupérer les ordres de bataille du scénario en format txt et cerise sur le gâteau si les coordonnées de positionnement sur la carte pouvaient figurer a la suite des détails de l'unité telles que A0 HQ 12,128
Je ne demande pas des logiciels miracles qui permettraient d'un coup de clic souris de transposer d'une version a une autre (ce qui est impossible) mais des logiciels qui permettraient de recréer les scénarios plus facilement tout en respectant le plus possible le travail du ou des auteurs de l'époque qu'il conviendra de citer dans la présentation du ou des nouveaux scénarios.
Peut être avez-vous développé ces logiciels lors de la création et l'évolution de vos mods, dans ce cas, ils nous seraient bien utiles.
Encore merci pour votre travail,
Amicalement
Yves

Last edited by glaude1955; May 6th, 2012 at 10:15 AM..
Old June 14th, 2012, 01:54 AM

Corporal

glaude1955 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Transposition tools for old scenario - Outils de transposition pour ancien scéna

No answer?

Message not read?
No tools?
No time to respond?

Regards

Yves

Pas de réponse ?
Message pas lu ?
Pas d'outils ?
Pas le temps de répondre ?

Amicalement

Yves
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:03 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Transposition tools for old scenario - Outils de transposition pour ancien scéna

Campaignhack -> extract scenarios utility page then edit the scenario using the save map function.

(CD version only)

Andy
Old April 14th, 2021, 11:42 AM

Private

Second-Maître Laurent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaude1955 View Post
Hi all,
Questions to the wonderful developers.
For years, I am passionately changing your work on the Steel Panthers series.
With Winspww2 and Winspmbt the wargamer is filled. My only regret (nostalgia early?) Is that scenarios written for Spww2 and Spmbt and SP2 or some campaigns may not be compatible with the latest versions.
Beautiful scenarios and campaigns were made available to the community through the CD in the French magazine Cyber Stratège.
My questions:
From a scenario's spww2 spmbt or Steel Panthers 2 or an old campaign (in this case should provide a way to break this file campaign) could you make available (if any) software that would remove the map in a format compatible with the basic series Winspww2 Winspmbt or so that it can be modified by adding the latest news.
Similarly, if you could provide software that would allow us to retrieve the orders of battle scenario in txt format and icing on the cake if the position coordinates on the map could be shown after details of the unit such as A0 HQ 12,128
I'm not asking for miracles software that would blow a mouse click to transfer from one version to another (which is impossible) but software that would recreate the scenarios more easily while respecting as much as possible the work of the authors of the time appropriate to quote in the presentation of new or scenarios.
Maybe you developed the software in the creation and evolution of your mods in this case, they would be very useful.
Again thank you for your work,
Regards
Yves
Sorry for my very poor English !

Bonjour a tous,
Questions aux merveilleux développeurs.
Cela fait des années que je suis avec passion l'évolution de votre travail sur la série Steel Panthers.
Avec Winspww2 et Winspmbt le wargamer est comblé. Mon seul regret (nostalgie des débuts ?) est que les scénarios écrits pour Spww2 et Spmbt et certaines campagnes sur SP2 ne soient pas compatibles avec les dernières versions.
De superbes scénarios et campagnes avaient été mis a disposition de la communauté grâce aux CD dans la revue française Cyber Stratège.
Mes questions :
A partir d'un scénario spww2 ou spmbt ou Steel Panthers 2 ou d'une ancienne campagne (il faudrait dans ce cas fournir le moyen d'éclater ce fichier campagne) pourriez vous nous mettre a disposition (s'il existe) le logiciel qui permettrait d'extraire la carte sous un format basique compatible avec la série Winspww2 ou Winspmbt afin que l'on puisse la modifier en y ajoutant les dernières nouveautés.
De même, si vous pouviez nous fournir un logiciel qui nous permettrait de récupérer les ordres de bataille du scénario en format txt et cerise sur le gâteau si les coordonnées de positionnement sur la carte pouvaient figurer a la suite des détails de l'unité telles que A0 HQ 12,128
Je ne demande pas des logiciels miracles qui permettraient d'un coup de clic souris de transposer d'une version a une autre (ce qui est impossible) mais des logiciels qui permettraient de recréer les scénarios plus facilement tout en respectant le plus possible le travail du ou des auteurs de l'époque qu'il conviendra de citer dans la présentation du ou des nouveaux scénarios.
Peut être avez-vous développé ces logiciels lors de la création et l'évolution de vos mods, dans ce cas, ils nous seraient bien utiles.
Encore merci pour votre travail,
Amicalement
Yves
Hello Yves,

Maintenant tu as Warcab. Connais-tu ?
Theres's Warcab, yet. Do you know it?

amicalement,
Laurent

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Old April 14th, 2021, 05:03 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

I started writing some tools to help ease conversion a while ago, but I never finished.
Old April 14th, 2021, 08:21 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSheppard View Post
I started writing some tools to help ease conversion a while ago, but I never finished.
I have a lot of old SP2 and such scenarios I really want to give another go....really wish we had a way to convert them to the best game out there.
Old April 14th, 2021, 08:29 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

This is the thread where I do a lot of SP1/2 hacking translating.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50700
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old April 14th, 2021, 09:12 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
Quote:
I have a lot of old SP2 and such scenarios I really want to give another go....really wish we had a way to convert them to the best game out there.
So what scenarios would you like to see converted?
Old April 14th, 2021, 11:14 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So what scenarios would you like to see converted?
I would need to email you the scenarios. One is Iswallah River '71. Let me go through my folders and see which ones that I was last looking at.
Old April 15th, 2021, 04:55 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I would need to email you the scenarios. One is Iswallah River '71. Let me go through my folders and see which ones that I was last looking at.
Check your PM / Messages Folder/Inbox