.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM

Sergeant

Olm is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple Gifts of Reason in one province

I had two Gargoyles in a province and two mages with the order to cast GoR.
Both casted the spell, but I ended up with only one Gargoyle commander, the other remained a common soldier. So obviously the mages did cast the spell on the same Gargoyle. Somewhat silly. Is there a way to circumvent this behaviour, other than ferrying the Gargoyles around?
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiple Gifts of Reason in one province

I have encountered the same problem (but not with gargoyles). It seems that if you place the units under different commanders, the two units will show up listed separately when you choose your target for the spell. If that is the case (if there are two gargoyles in the unit list) have one commander target one and one commander target another.

Immac.
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

I ran a quick test because I noticed that in a province that had hundreds, if not thousands, of troops that units appeared multiple times in the list of units presented by GoR. Then I moved a couple of several types of units to a new provinces and cast GoR. Only one of each type presented itself in the list and when I cast GoR one casting was wasted just as with Olm's experience. I tried putting the units under different commanders, different formations, but still no luck. Then I moved several dozen troops from the first province into the second and suddenly many units (with types repeated) appeared in the GoR list. In particular there was a whole list of monstra to choose from. Moved most of the additional troops back out from province 2 but left the monstra behind. Now only two monstra appeared in the GoR list. Cast call of the winds and three monstra appeared in the list. Cast CotW several more times but still only three monstra in the list. Then cast legion of wights and then five monstra presented themselves in the GoR list, as well as 2 of 20 wights. Then I moved all the hawks and 17 of 20 wights out of the province and the list of GoR choices went back down to 3 monstra, and only one wight appeared. So it seems like the more units and the more diverse units you have in the province the more choices are presented. I'll have to do some more testing to see if it can be narrowed down further.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM

Sergeant

Olm is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys.
That sounds weird and complicated. But it seems to be save to say that if there is only one Gargoyle presented in the GoR list, only one can be GoRed.