Emperor Fritsch the Dense is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: What\'s your religeon?

Agnostic, wife and the kids Wiccan
Emperor Fritsch the Dense
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:08 AM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road

I believe in God, not Religion. (and no they are not the same)

Post edited and deleted to avoid confusion.

Cheers!
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:19 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
David E. Gervais said:
People that follow any Religion are insane.

Anyway, it's early here, I just got up, and I'm sorry for the rant.

Apology accepted, but I hope this does not bode ill for the future of this thread.
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:51 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Starhawk is on a distinguished road

{me} I am not insane
{voice in head) Are you sure?
(me) YES! I'm sure, and I've told you to be quiet
(alternate voice in head) Yeah shut yur gab! hey Starhawk let's burn the place down
(me)Hey Freddy how are yah? hmmm I don't have any matches
(Freddy) Here yah go
(me) Thanks-sound of match being struck- WAHAHAH LOOK AT IT BURN!

Sorry it's early here too and mainly when people insult my religion I just take it with a grain of salt, though LOL I've been told I'm going to hell by more then a few "prim and propers" because of the fact that I often discuss herb lore, religion and politics with a Neo-Pagan girl (in actuality she seems moer agnostic to me but either way she knows my religious beliefs and actually said that I am one of the few Christians she has been able to talk to as most just jump right into telling her "Your going to hell".

Anyway though my "religion" is Christianity I see that more as a simplified term for my religious beliefs, I love God and know he is there and watching out fo me even when he allows bad sh!t to happen (which is a lot lately lol) but I also don't fully swallow the "church" party line that if you don't worship him in their exact way you go to hell.
First off God in the bible never said that you go to hell just because you worship him in a different manner then Jews or Christians (at the time just Jews as Christianity actually rose Post biblical era during the era where Rome was falling from power). And I mean what right do I have to say your going to hell just because you are "atheist" or "agnostic"?
Especially since I've met people of no religion that are far better human beings then some Christians that I've met I mean I knew this one guy that has LITERALLY given the shirt off his back to help out a friend and he was actually owed 2,000 DOLLARS by friends who he had helped out of financial troubles (no he wasn't rich but he was living off a diet of breads and water for two weeks) but he was not a Christian, so he goes to hell because of that? I'm sorry I don't think God would do that.

Now I don't believe everyone goes to heaven by a long shot! I've met people that are hellbound by any religion that beleives in hell because they are such slugs (and one or two of them were "christians" but I also don't think "the church" has the only say in who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.
My parents are "recovering catholics" as they like to say lol (ex-catholic) and "The Church" turned my dad into an atheist and my mother into a Massianic Jew until they met one another, and my mother switched over to a Christian church (it was less of a culture shock for my athiest father) when she tried to introduce him to God again....and it worked he's been a Christian for almost 13 years now. But anyway I wandered off topic, the overly strict and dogmatic "Catholic Church" has created more athiests and God haters then any other religion I've met heh. (I have absolutely no problem with Catholics themselves it's just "The Church" in my opinion is a greedy corrupted shadow of it's former self (it started during the book burnings and inquisition and spiraled down from there).

Well to Summarize: I beleive "God" (as no one knows his true name and God is just a title rather then a name) is in most "true religions" (this new age crap of wooo boogie boogie I can become God! or LOL God's AN ALIEN that's priceless! is just crap imho)whether you Call him God, Jehova, Yahweh, or Allah God is God and man can't change that (though there are parts of those religions mentioned I fundamentally disagree with it is still not my place to say they are going to hell.

OH and interesting little footnote in the Bible many theologians say that hell is not a place of "Torture" but rather a place of "torment" which in Greek aparently meant two very different things.
Basically if they are right in their interpretation then Hell is pretty much a place where for eternity you know that God is there and you will never reach him and never be with him, and instead you will live in eternity in a place that is pretty much "earth" where you can feel pain, get sick, and suffer but that is not to say your entire existance will be spent in physical pain sickness and agony.
The one theologian who's name I can't remember at the moment said God pretty much said "Fine you want to ignore me and do your own thing, you can do it for eternity." and so those people who wanted to "do their own thing" will have to put up with inperfection for eternity.

Another interesting viewpoint is that "hell" and "the lake of fire" are actually two different places, the "lake of fire" vision of hell will come during the end times, where God will give those lost souls one Last chance at judgement and those he deems redeemed will be allowed into heaven while those who are deemed unclean in the end will be cast into the lake of fire where they will suffer physical pain for eternity.

Either way I hope God doesn't send me to hell like those jerkwad goody two shoes folks told me because either vision of hell is not very pleasent in my opinion.

"If men build things to look like our penis such as towers and ships does that mean female achitects represent women having penis envy?"
A line that made me chuckle, I can't remember where I heard it I just know it made me laugh.

"I'm not really a slapper....I mainly punch and gouge."
Tammy Lee my kung fu instructor/sifu's daughter when asked if she ever slapped a boy for saying something nasty to her.
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:55 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

ah well it was nice while it Lasted
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:59 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Starhawk is on a distinguished road

It was not my intent to start a debate or argument okay you guys I'm just saying my beliefs and you are welcome to your own even if you believe in "The divine squirrel"

Oh P.S. according to those same "prim and propers" my parents would be going to hell to because they encouraged me to date the neo-pagan since she and I have so much in common hehe (I moved to slow and she got asked out by someone else but I still find her an entertaining friend.)

"If men build things to look like our penis such as towers and ships does that mean female achitects represent women having penis envy?"
A line that made me chuckle, I can't remember where I heard it I just know it made me laugh.

"I'm not really a slapper....I mainly punch and gouge."
Tammy Lee my kung fu instructor/sifu's daughter when asked if she ever slapped a boy for saying something nasty to her.
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:18 AM

Sergeant

Rasorow is on a distinguished road

Methodist, Charismatic, smige of Luthern, and dash of Non-Denominational Christian.....

Rasorow
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

minipol is on a distinguished road

Raised Catholic, no religion now. I don't believe in a God.
Old December 7th, 2004, 11:42 AM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Atheist, although I have been known to make the odd sacrifice to Odin, just to be awkward more than anything else.

Oh, and when the national census forms came round a few years ago, I put down "Jedi Knight" for religion. A few hundred thousand other ppl did the same, and now it's officially recognised as a religion by the UK government.
Old December 7th, 2004, 11:58 AM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
dogscoff said:
Atheist, although I have been known to make the odd sacrifice to Odin.
Heretic, don't you know that Odin requires all sacrifices to be even?