BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 13th, 2014, 03:02 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Well it's been awhile since I last visited "DID" so I'm catching up slowly. Here are the highlights from the ref below as sourced from the GAO. This can't be good for us either but here's the effect for the following countries due to continued software issues for the F-35. I believe this has game implications as well though I haven't checked yet. In the ref you can click on the highlighted blue "GAO Report" which I suspect might show the impact on the other customers as well. I haven't read it yet either. Excerpts...
1. "The RAAF has already ordered 2 F-35As, which are scheduled to begin arriving in 2018, but a recent GAO report external link indicates that they aren’t likely to be fully combat-ready by then due to software delays. Another 12 F-35As were approved to buy in 2009, but haven’t been placed under contract yet. These 14 aircraft are more likely to be ready by 2021, which is when RAAF No.3 Squadron is supposed to be operational."

2. "They won’t be alone in the region. By 2023, Japan and South Korea are likely to have their own operational F-35A Squadrons. Singapore may have joined them with F-35Bs, depending on when their order is placed."

This still can slip due to contract issues as noted in this article as well.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...29/#more-23629

Couldn't wait as I suspected not good for us either if not cleared for full rate production until 2019 ours won't get operational until maybe 2020. But here you go and off to bed for me before someone has a serious talk with me!
http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-322

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 13th, 2014 at 03:16 AM..
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:30 PM

Lieutenant General

Don or Andy,
In the game does the OOB Gulf States refer to the "real" Gulf States under the GCC? The current countries that make up the Gulf States are Saudi Arabia (Separate OOB.), Kuwait, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...on-Council-GCC

The issue follows but for now on my list to be fixed under the game Gulf States OOB for Oman.
http://www.janes.com/article/44750/oman-retires-jaguars

The next concerns the ongoing possibility of further closer political and military ties (Think EU/NATO in nature.) between the Gulf States beyond the GCC which is more an Economic (Think G7.) union. There are some Political agreements involved as well but not as close as what is in the next ref below.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-18057836

Unrelated to the above and also on my list (And a surprise when I saw it.) for this Threads work list...
http://www.janes.com/article/44758/a...s-from-service

Though not sure but suspect and will check, there might be some date adjustments here besides the end date for those Greet Corsairs. Still flying who'd a thouk it!

And with everything else going on in the World you would think Asia is quite but you'd be wrong...
http://www.janes.com/article/44629/j...ssian-aircraft

Nothing like a good day at JANES!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 20th, 2014 at 08:58 PM..
Old October 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM

Lieutenant General

Since we have no room for an OOB for the country of "Greet" the last should read, Greek. Though I'm sure they'd gladly Greet you if you visit their country. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Pat

Old October 21st, 2014, 11:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Don or Andy,
In the game does the OOB Gulf States refer to the "real" Gulf States under the GCC? The current countries that make up the Gulf States are Saudi Arabia (Separate OOB.), Kuwait, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
yes
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Thanks! I'll have to verify first that none of the other countries are still flying the JAGUAR before submitting any changes when the time comes.

Regards,
Pat

Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:04 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Just something to keep an eye on:

Finland looking for a replacement for F/A-18.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/finnish_defenc..._fleet/7535139

Originally this was supposed to happen in 2020, but for some reason (*cough*) this time schedule was adjusted a bit earlier.

Speculated options have been F-35 (if it ever gets completed), F-22 (if it ever gets exported), Swedish JAS Gripen NG, Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale. In the current political situation Russian fighters are unlikely to be picked, but Sukhoi PAK FA and SU-35 are possible.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 06:18 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Damn, meant MiG-35, not SU-35.
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:29 AM

Lieutenant General

To go along with tracking the F-35, I've also been tracking for years now the PAK-FA/FGFA (India) + T-50 (Russia) for many years now as well. If there's a fighter to compete with the F-22 it's this one (Much on this topic and the next in this Thread.) however like the F-35 it's been beset with many of the same issues in technological development compounded also by cooperative issues between India and Russia. It appears the last after at least a year+ has reached a resolution. Again the following will unlock to the general public soon just check back (This also indicates the article has been updated.) in a few days or so. And yes date changes will be required and or deleted further down the road. It's also ironic to think that the USMC whom normally gets the "leftovers" in equipment might possibly be the only OOB to have the F-35(B)operational by this games end. Anyway here's a taste...
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...133/#more-3133

The "Doc" saw fit to have to give me a shot in the eye this evening (Pesky scar tissue.) so I'll leave it at this. Have a good night!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 29th, 2014 at 01:37 AM..
Old November 2nd, 2014, 01:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Other than technical issues, Congresses attempts to keep the A-10 flying could upset the IOC for the USAF F-35A. The GAO as already posted, predicts a later date and the A-10 issue would probably push this back at least a year or more to get the additional maintenance personnel inducted into the service and trained. We should know more by this winter I would think on this ever changing situation with the F-35 series..
http://www.janes.com/article/45198/a...a-ioc-for-usaf

Regards,
Pat

Old November 2nd, 2014, 05:11 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
It's also ironic to think that the USMC whom normally gets the "leftovers" in equipment might possibly be the only OOB to have the F-35(B)operational by this games end.
Actually the USMC generally keeps it's aircraft and helos pretty much up-to-date, it's the grunts, tanks, and artillery that make do with old equipment.
You can get by with a slightly outta date tank but given the reliance on air support and lack of significant AA assets you can't afford to have aircraft that can't achieve air superiority (or at least parity).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein