This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 27th, 2020, 11:34 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Yep, that's why they were added and they could be moved to the green OOB and open up a dozen slots in the USA OOB...
Sounds like a good idea. Go ahead and do it.

troopie
Old July 28th, 2020, 05:31 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yep, that's why they were added and they could be moved to the green OOB and open up a dozen slots in the USA OOB...
Gets my vote too

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old July 28th, 2020, 07:09 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The problem is I need to check every scenario ( there are 14 that do ) and every campaign ( checking that is a BIT more complicated ) to see if they are used and if so, make adjustments to every one of them right from repurchasing the unit and checking if it had assigned targets before being removed and replace and noting where that is and when, Just ripping things out without doing that generates "bug" reports I don't want or need and then there will be the inevitable "BUG!" reports from players who don't follow the forums or read the release notes " Why doesn't the US have gunships anymore ????"

So this *idea* is far from being a "done deal"

As well they don't have stay "green" in a game or scenario. Just buy them from the Green OOB as captured and they will use the USA EXP and MOR values and ID tag. The same thing goes for the German units in the SPWW2 Blue OOB

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 28th, 2020 at 07:49 AM..
Old July 28th, 2020, 11:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Has my Vote too.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old August 6th, 2020, 02:03 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Sounds good
Old September 13th, 2020, 11:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

It seems there will be finally a plane to replace these cancelled EF2000s at the Greek OOB:

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en...nd-the-rafale/
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

let me know when they are delivered......

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 15th, 2020, 12:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Quotes taken from Ref. 1 Others support Ref. 1.

I've been saying and posting for years now, that the F-35 series is not operational for a large number of reasons. I have also pointed out one of the biggest and most important reasons, it wasn't was because the "Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS), which manages prognostics, maintenance, supply chain, flight operations and training" for the aircraft had very serious problems associated with it to where the F-35 series wasn't even able to carry all the weapons it was designed for due to "conductivity" issues even down to receiving the proper parts to support them.

As of January 2020..."ALIS had become notorious for problems. In January, the US Government Accountability Office said in a report that the system had 4,700 open deficiencies. Those issues included inaccurate or missing data, challenges deploying the system, a need for more personnel than anticipated, an inefficient issue resolution process, poor user experience, immature applications and ineffective training, the report said."

I have posted on the next for the last couple of years or more..."Operational Data Integrated Network (ODIN) hardware, an initial step in replacing the stealth fighter’s troubled support system."

As the article points out the USMC will be the first to OPEVAL and work out the bugs that might remain in the system.

First F-35B flew with ODIN on 09 OCT. 2020.

So with quotes from the article included above I end with the BEST FOC DATE SO FAR for the F-35 which happens to be close to my predicted earliest date of mid-2023 for FOC.

I cannot emphasize how important ODIN is to the FOC of the F-35. Except to resubmit the DID status article if available.
"ODIN is to replace the F-35’s Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS), which manages prognostics, maintenance, supply chain, flight operations and training for the aircraft. ODIN is not expected to reach full operational capability until December 2022."

And that realistically puts FOC for the F-35 in 2023 earliest.

Emphasis on the "not expected to" part, but it's better then what we've ever had since the initial predictions of FOC.
https://www.flightglobal.com/militar...ontent=defence
https://www.upi.com/Defense-News/201...8661571672219/
https://taskandpurpose.com/military-...iciencies-2020
https://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-20-339#summary

The DID article is unavailable at this time I imagine it might be getting updated.

Before I forget, no word from NAVAIR on FOC for the F-35B/C. And we've already had the discussion concerning what NAVAIR is in charge of as my "Marine Buddy" can verify.
https://www.navair.navy.mil/

I forgot to add the NAVAIR site when originally posted.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 15th, 2020 at 05:43 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old October 15th, 2020, 08:15 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

OK, so we won't see FOC in the US Air Force or US Navy till apx. 2023 Both of which have FAR more aircraft to manage then the USMC and for different reasons REQUIRE a fully operational logistic chain. Naval procurement has to support ships where you can't just deliver replacement parts willy-nilly. And the USAF just plain doesn't do anything "on a shoestring".

The USMC on the other hand is rather use to operating with limited logistic support, already has, and has used on combat, F-35Bs.

So I'll propose the following:
Unit# 583 F-35C Ltng II - Dates 1/123-12/125
Unit# 584 F-35C Ltng II - Dates 1/123-12/125
Unit# 585 F-35B Ltng II - Dates 1/123-12/125
Unit# 587 EF-35C Ferret - Dates 1/123-12/125
Unit# 940 E/A-18G Growler - Dates 7/109-12/122

The rest stays as is (with 7/118-12/125 dates). This eliminates all F-35Cs from the OOB till 2023 as well as the most "high tech" F-35 variant (which is based on the F-35C).

Sound good Don?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Suhiir; October 16th, 2020 at 07:37 AM..
Old October 15th, 2020, 10:00 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Suhiir,
With all due respect, I would ask you to maintain UNIT #940 until DEC 2025. I base this on the following article from DID concerning the EA-18G "GROWLER" for another upgrade to that jet by adding a "NEXT GEN JAMMER" with an estimated completion date of SEP 2021. It's not going anywhere soon by my best guess.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...growler-02427/
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Con...ticle/2357052/
(See "NAVY" section Para 6, I believe.)

Also the F/A-18EF also lookS to be safe as well past 2025. We've been ramping up production of them to meet domestic (New birds.) and foreign evaluations and possible sales as the lead article is showing concerning Finland.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...ntracts-06392/

As you can see both articles are "locked" due to them having been updated first for subscribers. Should be available in a few days or less to us mortals.

What the USN/USMC is doing for HORNET, the USAF is doing for the F-15. From the 15 OCT edition (Just click on that date on the calendar.)...

"The US Air Force’s Air Combat Command has approved external link the GBU-53/B Small Diameter Bomb II for F-15E operational flights. The press release from Eglin Air Force Base says the weapon is expected to be field on the F/A-18E/F later this year. The GBU-53B StormBreaker, which entered operational testing in 2018, is a small diameter bomb that features a multimode seeker to guide the weapon with infrared, millimeter-wave radar and semi-active lasers in addition to or with GPS and inertial system guide. The Air Force’s fielding decision means F-15E squadrons can now be equipped with the weapon. The Navy and Marines intend to use it on their versions of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter."
Also...
https://www.eglin.af.mil/News/Articl...erational-use/
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...etition-06510/
As linked from the above.

As the name "implies" a "bad day" for the intended target.

Also for further backing...
I turn to SWITZERLAND and "to be clear" these are just offerings to fulfill their Air2030 Program.
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/n...to-switzerland

You gotta move fast out here but, at times I feel like a "one armed juggler" I'm monitoring as much as I can. If only some of you can see my folders, you'd understand.

But for I'll grade myself with an E-M-G-MOE Mood Meter as....

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 15th, 2020 at 10:34 PM..