.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 4th, 2013, 07:38 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Second War of Loemendor, game underway

No i think i'll end the game, it is going nowhere anyway. Mictlan is gathering ressources faster than we can take them down. And with his main rival away it wont be fun.

If there no complaint about that i then announce the victory of Teraswaerto !
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM

Private

sunray_be is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullock View Post
If there no complaint about that i then announce the victory of Teraswaerto !
No complaint for me. I'm sorry to let you down. And I realized too late that Mictlan was so strong (around turn 75, when all elem. Kings/Queens had declined to answer my call -- Nexus was the high point of his domination).

I'm rather proud of my combo Astral Tempest + Enchanted Forest/Carrion Reanimation. Too bad I had too few astral mages

Exciting game. Well done Teraswaerto! and thank you all for the good times.

cheers
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Major

Teraswaerto is on a distinguished road

Alright. I was about to start using Master Enslave on Machaka's larger armies, and to start attacking R'lyeh underwater in earnest so the game would've have probably been over anyway soon.

Thanks everyone, was fun, though I was surprised by the passivity of the other nations and the fact everyone kept fighting each other when Mictlan was emerging as the real threat.

The Nexus ended up costing more gems than I got out of it before it was dispelled so the only thing it achieved was to unite everyone against me.
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:22 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road

I wasn't the original admin of the game so i can't change the title, but

Teraswaerto - Mictlan - Winner

Old April 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Yay Mictlan! A very good victory :-)

I had hoped to eke out one victory against you, by using master enslave myself (together with 15 kitted SCs and several thousand disposable undead). But I am confident that, even if this had worked, you would have just taken stock and then beaten the living daylights out of me - so perhaps it is just as well that we are ending now!

Also, i am having to massively wind down my Dom3 commitments, so this helps me a lot.

Bullock: many thanks for taking over as the game admin.
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the win Teraswaerto.

Wonder if there'll be a third war of loemandor then?
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:13 AM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiavals View Post

I would join it, but earcaraxe isn't around anymore. Does Bullock have any interested in admining 3rd war of Loemendor? The map is wonky and sort of unbalanced, but that makes for a different type of game which is fine also.

Anyone else interested in writing a sort of post-mortem of their nation? Why things went the way they did, that sort of thing. I think I'll put something together today.
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

The short tale of Tien'chi:

Things were fine until a certain port province that was owned by Agartha(though I think it was owned by someone else in the beginning, not sure?) was the only place on my part of the continent that wasn't under my control. So I decided to take it. Unfortunately Pangae was a very loyal ally to Agartha, and started a war against me, a war that depleted both of our resources greatly.
At first Pangae had the upper hand with his vast amounts of chaff troops, although neither did advance much. Once I had amassed enough composite bowmen and fire mages, things changed. I noticed the usefulness of Fire Cloud as a spell against Pangae. It does poor damage, but as Maenads have no armor, it's really good against them as it lasts for a long time, and if they do get barkskin cast, their fire-resistance drops so it works pretty well against them even then.
Ultimately I advanced slowly but surely to pangae and had most of his non-fort provinces under my control. But the problem was, that he had one or two thousand maenads defending the place. Hunger is not an issue for them since they spawn for free and go berserk, so it was literally impossible for me to siege the place. In time I could have taken all of his other places and thus he would've been without money, which might have resulted in his troops deserting, if not for several Leprosy spells cast by someone on my sieging army. It was a really good move, since there was nothing I could do except wait for my army to die while he sat in his castle. Since most of my mages were there as well, my research had stagnated, and getting a new army would be really slow. I started pillaging his provinces since I knew there was nothing else I could do, and my guys died combined with disease and raids by Pangaen troops. After that, the lands I had conquered were easily reclaimed by their rightful owner. Apparently at the same time Mictlan has attacked Pangae and mostly destroyed his armies, leaving only a few unbeatable SCs sieging my capital which I couldn't defeat with my feeble own units, ending in a stalemate that lasted for the rest of the game(20 turns?).
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM

Major

When it looked like you were going to defeat Pangaea, I started both casting leprosy at you and feeding gold to Pangaea, as you seemed to be winning and I wanted you two to stay at war until I was finished with Pythium.
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:51 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraswaerto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiavals View Post

I would join it, but earcaraxe isn't around anymore. Does Bullock have any interested in admining 3rd war of Loemendor? The map is wonky and sort of unbalanced, but that makes for a different type of game which is fine also.

Anyone else interested in writing a sort of post-mortem of their nation? Why things went the way they did, that sort of thing. I think I'll put something together today.
Sure, sounds like a good plan. I'll happily pull together something on MA Ermor, which will mostly consist of "and then Agartha and I headbutted each other again, and it was kinda painful for both of us"